Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thoughts on Eagles/Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25629)

Hogroll 10-05-2008 08:39 AM

Re: Thoughts on Eagles/Redskins

I find this interesting coming from the Eagles' home page, [url=http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com]Splash Page - Philadelphia Eagles[/url]:

What Is Your Prediction Vs. Redskins?

Tough win decided in fourth quarter - 19.2%
I think Eagles are ready for a big win - 36.3%
Everything depends on Westbrook - 17.6%
Defense wins game for Eagles - 14.4%
Not feeling very confident about this - 12.5%

Looks like 12% of their fans are actually intellegent.

Gtothearry 10-05-2008 09:24 AM

Did u all see the espn "experts" :Flush: picks? One person picked the skins. :nono:

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent]ESPN - NFL Football Expert Picks - National Football League[/url]

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 10-05-2008 10:15 AM

I think we have trouble today. Westbrook is playing whereas Springs and Taylor are not. We are a good team, but good teams don't win em all. Philly 27, Wash 17.

JC - 220 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 FL, 4 sacks
Portis - 21 carries, 65 yards 1 TD

McNabb - 275 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 1 sack
Westbrook - 17 carries, 104 yards

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 10-05-2008 11:40 AM

What is up with Springs? My tolerance for his "injuries" is growing very thin. I can say the same for Smoot, even though he's not out right now.

hooskins 10-05-2008 04:41 PM

[quote=PhillyFanInDeadSkinLand;484497]Dear Redskin fans,
I can understand your excitedness over this year's wins especially the one over the cowgirls, but make no mistake..Reid and company will have an answer to JC's no-turnover season. Philly's D ranks first in sacks (17) and third in total ypg (245). There are also 5 fumbles recovered of 7. Im not stating who will win,[B] but that sunday's game marks the beginning of JC turnovers. [/B]
Some Note Worthies:
1. Some good match ups to watch are JJ vs. Juqua Parker (DE) and the reverse, Carter vs. Tra Thomas. Who will own who?
2. True, DeSean Jackson IS good for one bone head play sunday. But be honest, hasnt he performed better than most rookie WRs this year, if not most vets?
3. Buckhalter is no Westbrook. I needn't say more.

Hurry up Sunday, we can't wait any longer.[/quote]
hah, where you at buddy, I am cooking up the croww.

charlesperry19 10-05-2008 06:48 PM

McNabb's biggest problem is not the explosive wide receiver issue...jackson can handle that. It's the lack of a running game.

Monkeydad 10-06-2008 11:10 AM

SOOOOOOOOO...[B][U]NOW[/U][/B] does everyone believe in this team? :)

Monkeydad 10-06-2008 11:12 AM

I can understand your excitedness over this year's wins especially the one over the cowgirls, but make no mistake..Reid and company will have an answer to JC's no-turnover season. Philly's D ranks first in sacks (17) and third in total ypg (245). There are also 5 fumbles recovered of 7. Im not stating who will win, but that sunday's game marks the beginning of JC turnovers.
Some Note Worthies:
1. Some good match ups to watch are JJ vs. Juqua Parker (DE) and the reverse, Carter vs. Tra Thomas. Who will own who?
2. True, DeSean Jackson IS good for one bone head play sunday. But be honest, hasnt he performed better than most rookie WRs this year, if not most vets?

How was your Sunday?? :rofl:

Monkeydad 10-06-2008 11:13 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;484044]Skins 23
Eagles 16

Two keys on offense; one is protection of JC. If we protect, we could win by 14+, however Johnson is an excellent DC with a strong secondary allowing him to bring pressure. Second is the running game, we can't become one-dimensional even though Philly has stopped the run against Dallas, Pitt & Chicago. We must establish a running game to keep the Iggles off balance and not allow them to tee-off on JC.

Defensively, with Westbrook out, the only thing scary is McNabb outside the pocket.[/quote]

GOOD JOB! 1 point off! :)

hesscl34 10-06-2008 11:14 AM

[quote=AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace;485128]What is up with Springs? My tolerance for his "injuries" is growing very thin. I can say the same for Smoot, even though he's not out right now.[/quote]

He's old. I'm sure this is his last year. But if he can get healthy and play in the big games towards the stetch then I'm happy. If he gives what he can before he retires you won't see me complaining.

johnerotten 10-06-2008 11:15 AM

i like smoot,but he runs his mouth way too much!!!!

MTK 10-06-2008 12:10 PM

I can understand your excitedness over this year's wins especially the one over the cowgirls, but make no mistake..Reid and company will have an answer to JC's no-turnover season. Philly's D ranks first in sacks (17) and third in total ypg (245). There are also 5 fumbles recovered of 7. Im not stating who will win, but that sunday's game marks the beginning of JC turnovers.
Some Note Worthies:

[I]Right...[/I]

[IMG]http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/06/austin_powers_mike_myers_as_dr_evil.jpg[/IMG]

Hog1 10-06-2008 12:19 PM

listening to Doc.....the man is a riot. According to Doc, the team is good, and has developed a mean streak, but is leaving to many points on the board. He says we need to HAMMER a couple of opponents in the next couple of weeks.
[B]More importantly[/B], the team needs to develope a NASTY streak. "If an opponent makes a mistake, he gets his spine CRUSHED!!"
GO DOC!

DirtyLandry 10-06-2008 12:23 PM

ESPN news just reported that Brian Westbrook has fractured ribs and his status is uncertain.

DirtyLandry 10-06-2008 12:29 PM

[quote=hesscl34;486611]He's old. I'm sure this is his last year. But if he can get healthy and play in the big games towards the stetch then I'm happy. If he gives what he can before he retires you won't see me complaining.[/quote]

Why are you so certain that this is his last year? He's a probowler and has been our best corner for the last 4 years. He's a little old, but he's probably one of the best conditioned athletes on our team. Players don't chose to be injured, it's just a part of the game. Springs will bounce back and have a great year.

PhillyFanInDeadSkinLand 10-06-2008 04:03 PM

[quote=Buster;486608]How was your Sunday?? :rofl:[/quote]

Lets just say im in the market for a new TV.

hesscl34 10-06-2008 04:10 PM

[quote=DirtyLandry;486688]Why are you so certain that this is his last year? He's a probowler and has been our best corner for the last 4 years. He's a little old, but he's probably one of the best conditioned athletes on our team. Players don't chose to be injured, it's just a part of the game. Springs will bounce back and have a great year.[/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Because he almost didn't play this year. He was on the fence about retiring. I think he's done after this year. He has a lot going on with his family and he's drained. [/FONT][/COLOR]

skinsfan69 10-06-2008 04:44 PM

[quote=DirtyLandry;486688]Why are you so certain that this is his last year? He's a probowler and has been our best corner for the last 4 years. He's a little old, but he's probably one of the best conditioned athletes on our team. Players don't chose to be injured, it's just a part of the game. Springs will bounce back and have a great year.[/quote]

Springs will play as long as his body will hold up. But will the organization pay him the amount he's making for around 11-13 games a year? He needs to show that he can play a good amount of games and right now he's already missed two. When he's on the field he's our best corner.

Slingin Sammy 33 10-06-2008 06:45 PM

[quote=hesscl34;486797][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Because he almost didn't play this year. He was on the fence about retiring. I think he's done after this year. He has a lot going on with his family and he's drained. [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]
Bullseye. Add to that an $ 8.4M cap number and a guy who probably won't renegotiate, this is his last year here.

Slingin Sammy 33 10-06-2008 06:47 PM

[quote=Buster;486610]GOOD JOB! 1 point off! :)[/quote]
Thanks Buster. Last week I was pretty close too. Now if I could just get a few games right in Don's Prediction League I'd be money. LOL

skinsfan_nn 10-06-2008 07:04 PM

Some Note Worthies:

[B] Hurry up Sunday, we can't wait any longer.[/B][/quote]

So your ready for your CROW SANDWICH!!!!

So now that your Sunday went to shit in a hand basket, after we beat the shit outta the iggles. I would have to stick my neck out there and guess your Monday isn't much better...?

But in all fairness you did not specify what Sunday you where in a hurry for, I'm sure it wasn't the one YESTERDAY WHEN THE SKINS SPANKED THE IGGLES LIKE A RED HEADED STEP CHILD.....? :spank:

You won't be in such a hurry for the next matchup that goes down in DC 12/21, or you shouldn't be.....we are really gonna kick the shit outta the iggles then!

GTripp0012 10-06-2008 08:03 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;484097]Skins win by six.[/quote]Boom!

Gtothearry 10-06-2008 08:43 PM

Did anyone read the story about the egging of the team bus? Here was one of the comments Cooley made:

"Even all the fans after the game were flipping [us] off, and we had a couple guys that were gonna moon 'em," Cooley said on Elliot. "We were flipping 'em off back. Our windows are so tinted, I really don't think they can see us."

I know this happens all the time. However, I don't think it's exactly smart to talk about it though. Im surprised the press hasn't jumped on his statement yet.

JLee9718 10-06-2008 11:16 PM

I never thought I'd be happy to see a bye week for the Redskins. I was so stressed out watching the Redskins beat the Cowboys, then turn around and be just as stressed when the 'Skins beat the Iggles. I enjoyed every minute of those games, but I need a rest. In all the past years I hated bye weeks because if the 'Skins didn't play, I had to watch another game. Imagine how Jim Zorn and the players must feel if the games affect me this much.

Gtothearry 10-07-2008 01:53 AM

[quote=JLee9718;486937]I never thought I'd be happy to see a bye week for the Redskins. I was so stressed out watching the Redskins beat the Cowboys, then turn around and be just as stressed when the 'Skins beat the Iggles. I enjoyed every minute of those games, but I need a rest. In all the past years I hated bye weeks because if the 'Skins didn't play, I had to watch another game. Imagine how Jim Zorn and the players must feel if the games affect me this much.[/quote]

R u considering St. Louis a bye? The skins don't have a bye this week.

Soup's Uncle 10-07-2008 10:04 AM

I don't know if anyone posted this, but apprently Dirty 30 and Chris Horton were the rib-breaking culprits...
[url=http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20081007_Rushing_Roulette.html]Westbrook has 2 broken ribs; playing would be risky | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/07/2008[/url]

Hog1 10-07-2008 01:00 PM

Listening to Riggins a couple of days ago, I was struck by the following:
According to Riggo, the Cowboys cannot and will not get it done, even though they have better talent than the Skins.
JR says "you sleep with the devil, you lose your soul. To many bad guys, that are all about themselves". THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES....per John
According to John "whether they go 7-1 and one in the next stretch or not the Skins have it. THEY HAVE A TEAM. If they do not do it this year, they're just not quite ready. If not this year, SOON. You see, there is maturation process to being a world Champion. The Pat's get it."

MTK 10-07-2008 02:18 PM

[quote=Hog1;487082]Listening to Riggins a couple of days ago, I was struck by the following:
According to Riggo, the Cowboys cannot and will not get it done, even though they have better talent than the Skins.
JR says "you sleep with the devil, you lose your soul. To many bad guys, that are all about themselves". THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES....per John
According to John "whether they go 7-1 and one in the next stretch or not the Skins have it. THEY HAVE A TEAM. If they do not do it this year, they're just not quite ready. If not this year, SOON. You see, there is maturation process to being a world Champion. The Pat's get it."[/quote]

I think Romo is their problem. He's always good for at least one dumb turnover per game and he's just not the type of player to grab the team by the horns and put them on his back. He's definitely no Troy Aikman that's for sure. Until he matures I don't see them winning a SB anytime soon.

Hog1 10-07-2008 02:53 PM

No Aikman for sure! Aikman was HARD to shake 200 ypg, 2 td, 0 int....every game, and kick your ass with Emitt on the side.
I can believe what Riggo says if you look at the presumed state of the team pre-skins defeat and now. It's like the wheels are coming off a little. Now it's Wades fault.
We have Santana telling JC "Man, this is the most fun I ever had......BLOCKING"
They have TO telling the media, "You know how it is. I get the ball we win! I don't, we lose"
If you have bad guys, you better have a bad ass, like Parcells to control it

Hog1 10-07-2008 02:54 PM

[quote=PhillyFanInDeadSkinLand;486791]Lets just say im in the market for a new TV.[/quote]
[B]Understood![/B]

53Fan 10-07-2008 03:10 PM

[quote=Soup's Uncle;487013]I don't know if anyone posted this, but apprently Dirty 30 and Chris Horton were the rib-breaking culprits...
[url=http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20081007_Rushing_Roulette.html]Westbrook has 2 broken ribs; playing would be risky | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/07/2008[/url][/quote]

I imagine both these guys are going to break a lot of ribs before it's all said and done. 'Physical F**king Football!!!"

JLee9718 10-13-2008 11:57 AM

[quote=Gtothearry;486965]R u considering St. Louis a bye? The skins don't have a bye this week.[/quote]

My body is ready for a bye week, but I knew the Redskins had to play the Rams yesterday. Maybe it should have been a bye week! But they played well enough to win, and I'm exhausted!