Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 Draft Pick (not RG3) Who'll Have Biggest Impact This Year (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48823)

RGIII 08-16-2012 01:10 PM

Re: 2012 Draft Pick (not RG3) Who'll Have Biggest Impact This Year

What a great draft! I like everyone on this list.

Monkeydad 08-16-2012 01:12 PM

I thought we were planning on converting Morris to FB? That was the talk when we drafted him.

I do like Young and Cooley at FB though.

Chico23231 08-16-2012 01:16 PM

[quote=keemarley;931139]Hey guys been a fan of the site for a couple years now, and finally decided to post. Surprised to see all the love for Morris (4.67 40) when the one big criticism of Royster is his speed (4.65)[/quote]

well i think speed defined in a 40 is different...basically do they have the breakaway speed? probably not, but getting through the hole and moving quickly in small spaces? they are very fast. Morris and Royster both have great ability of breaking a tackle, which not matter how fast you are, is an important quality when pickin up yardage.

SmootSmack 08-16-2012 02:02 PM

Morris says so far this summer he hasn't been learning any FB. Royster has though

RonnieBurgundy 08-16-2012 03:12 PM

Seems like a lot will vote for Morris. 'Specially after last week.

Morris will probably make the team, but I think The Rib is going to emerge. His versatility is going to be key if we see injuries like last year.

NYCskinfan82 08-16-2012 03:32 PM

Went with Josh LeRibeus.

REDSKINS4ever 08-16-2012 04:28 PM

Alfred Morris will probably end up as the second best draft pick. Something tells me that Helu will still have Achilles problems by mid season. Running the ball with Royster and Morris will prove to be a better combination than Royster/Helu. Richard Crawford is another solid draft pick that we should keep an eye on. He's going to be a play maker as a pro.

imaskin4life 08-16-2012 04:28 PM

I think that either Leribeus or Gettis will get their number called sooner out of necessity but I am most excited about Morris' potential. In his first preseason game, I liked his vision and especially the power. At 220 pounds he already has the lower body strength of an offensive lineman (a 600+ pound squatter) as a 23 year old rookie which means he will actually get stronger. He is a little weak up top but as long as he can hold onto the ball and pick up blitzes effectively I don't care. I hope he can catch though. If he can catch, protect the ball, and pickup blitzes well enough I expect to see a lot more of him this season. We will see. For now, I like Morris.

Ruhskins 08-16-2012 05:02 PM

I went with LeRibeus as well. I can see Morris being a good #2 RB, especially if Royster doesn't get his act together. But LeRibeus could be starting by the end of the season...although if this were to happen, I hope it is not because of injury.

MTK 08-16-2012 05:30 PM

Why does Royster have to get his act together?

JoeRedskin 08-16-2012 05:59 PM

I went with Crawford more out of hope than a belief he will supplant anyone in the starting rotation. I hope he becomes a solid dime/nickel corner and a factor in the return game. I keep hearing good things about him and he did solid work against Buffalo.

Depending on injuries, I can see Gettis, McRib or Compton (in that order) making a positive impact on the line. Just not sure any will be starting this year.

CultBrennan59 08-16-2012 07:03 PM

I went with LeRibeus, because I can seeing Kory L or Chris Chester having some kind of injury or setback.

Alfred has competition with Royster, Hightower, and an injured(somewhat) Helu.

Compton was a good candidate but I think Polumbus will get the go at RT first.

Crawford is a great candidate because he can return punts, AND make picks, but I see him in an Ade Jimoh role more so than a Carlos Rogers/Smoot role.

Keenan Robinson will mostly see special teams tackles, unless fletch gets hurt, and if Fletch does get hurt, We'll sign a MLB before we trust him at starting, he still has to learn how to take on NFL guards.

Chico23231 08-16-2012 07:20 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;931196]I went with [B]Crawford more out of hope than a belief[/B] he will supplant anyone in the starting rotation. I hope he becomes a solid dime/nickel corner and a factor in the return game. I keep hearing good things about him and he did solid work against Buffalo.

Depending on injuries, I can see Gettis, McRib or Compton (in that order) making a positive impact on the line. Just not sure any will be starting this year.[/quote]

I agree. Even with our issues at oline if Crawford could emerge as a solid 3rd corner and shows starting ability with Hall leaving after the season, man that would make my year.

Ruhskins 08-16-2012 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk;931194]Why does Royster have to get his act together?[/QUOTE]

I thought that he didnt look good playing RB with the first team in the first game. But maybe it was just offseason rust.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.

BigHairedAristocrat 08-16-2012 11:48 PM

Cousins will be starting, and playing at a high level, at some point, when rg3 goes down with an injury. Our playoff hopes will remain alive because the shanahans weren't satisfied with grossman as a backup. After 2013, well trade cousins for a 1st rounder in 2014.