Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Campbell Needs To Be Cut (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=34021)

Skins4L 12-14-2009 03:56 AM

Re: Campbell Needs To Be Cut

Keep Campbell.

Draft O-Line / Offensive Weapon / Best Defensive Talent

12thMan 12-14-2009 03:59 AM

[quote=GMScud;639382]what a disaster that loser is. 22 picks. Jeff George reincarnated.[/quote]

My quote says it all.

redskin37 12-14-2009 07:22 AM

I think Snyder will try to fix the o line thru free agents. And use the draft picks for flash and a big name qb.

SmootSmack 12-14-2009 07:23 AM

[quote=SouperMeister;639337]It would be typical Snyder to kill continuity just when our offense is becoming formidible. Campbell is by far our best option if the FO is serious about fielding a contender next year. He will probably be the best FA QB available, and if you draft a replacement, you're looking at a 2-3 year learning curve. The light bulb has turned on for Campbell in the last month. Address our O-line issues, and I could see our offense taking HUGE strides if the same group is kept in place at the skill positions.[/quote]

Back to being a Campbell apologist?

SkinzzFan 12-14-2009 07:51 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;639184]Rebuild the OL and we will be fine, keep Campbell.[/quote]

I've been saying that all along. A healthy O-line last season and we could have made the playoffs.

Beemnseven 12-14-2009 08:02 AM

[quote=rbanerjee23;639403]Really, use your brain for 5 seconds....IT TAKES 2 YEARS TO LEARN THE WEST COAST OFFENSE...IT TOOK BRETT FAVRE 3 YEARS, MONTANA 2 YEARS AND JC IS JUST BEGINNING TO GET IT NOW...you dont just put in a complex offensive system in a couple of games and everyone gets it right away[/quote]

How about you use your brain and get a better understanding of what I wrote. I posed several different questions in that post. I'll spell them out for you since reading comprehension isn't one of your strongsuits...

1. Is a rout of the Raiders really an indication that we aren't as bad as we have appeared this year? Keep in mind that we played a Saints team without three defensive starters, along with a 6 point effort against Dallas two weeks before.

2. Is the performance we've seen from Campbell over the last few weeks just the 'up' portion of an up and down flash of an inconsistent quarterback, or is it the real deal? Again, if you were paying attention, you'd have seen in my last statement that I said we need to keep Campbell and build up the O-line. He will be our best option next year.

3. I know the WCO offense takes time to learn, as any new system does. I was speaking not in terms of installing a new scheme, but their ability to execute the scheme effectively and get into a rhythm early in the season as opposed to late November or December.

Finally, I stated at the start that this was the 'buzzkill' way of looking at it. I could accept SouperMeister's point, I was just offering an opposing viewpoint for argument's sake. I'm not discounting the possibility that we could be approaching a 'turning the corner moment'. I just think we need to factor in the quality of our opponents lately. If by the end of the next three weeks we're still talking about this after facing some possible playoff bound teams in the Giants, Cowboys, and Chargers, then that question will have been answered.

SolidSnake84 12-14-2009 08:04 AM

I've never hated on Campbell. I just think that he isn't the long-term solution at QB. I'm still not sure that he is. He is now playing good solid ball, and i have been impressed. But at the very least we need to bring in somebody for competition, just so that we can be sure, and #2 we have a solid backup option just incase jason isn't resigned or starts playing poor again.

MTK 12-14-2009 08:23 AM

[quote=dgw090767;639408]Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain
...some slack. He's played very well since Sherm Lewis started calling plays.. Coincidence? I think not.

The numbers bare out that [B][U]he has played well all season[/U][/B]. Fans can't see pass all the sacks the O-line gave up along with the hits and hurries and very little offensive production in the first half of the season. If you really think about with an open assesment you will realize the only difference now is that the protection is a lot better and the point production is 300% better.[/quote]

I agree, it's not just the last few games that he's played well. Good post.

We've seen what he can do with just decent protection. Now let's imagine what he could do with a quality line in front of him.

redsk1 12-14-2009 09:03 AM

I'm leaning towards keeping JC on for a year or two. That doesn't mean we can't draft a qb, though.

Campbell has played well as of late. I would agree, a new playcaller seems to have only helped JC and the whole team.

We all know what we're going to get out of JC i think. A QB that can manage a game, is pretty accurate in most cases, not going to throw too many picks, and is tough.

We also know he's probably not going to go on some Elway-eske game winning drives, he can't throw the fade too well, and he'll occasionally miss some wide open WR's.

He's played great lately and deserves alot of credit.

MTK 12-14-2009 09:08 AM

I don't think we've seen Campbell's ceiling just yet. He's done a great job under some pretty miserable circumstances and even on a day like yesterday where the protection was "ok", he was still getting hammered way too often.

I would have no problem with drafting a QB to develop, I would just hope we would look for one in later rounds after more pressing needs are addressed.

FRPLG 12-14-2009 09:19 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;639489]I don't think we've seen Campbell's ceiling just yet. He's done a great job under some pretty miserable circumstances and even on a day like yesterday where the protection was "ok", he was still getting hammered way too often.

I would have no problem with drafting a QB to develop, I would just hope we would look for one in later rounds after more pressing needs are addressed.[/quote]
Yeah it seems our new definition of good protection is a bit off. Yesterday was not good in terms of line play. It was at best average. If Peyton is getting hammered like that then everyone is up in arms about how his protection is awful and getting him killed. One of these days JC might get the chance to perform behind a decent line for an extended period of time and we'll get a good idea of what he can really do. I don't know that he is a top-top QB but he certainly can lead my team if it's up to me.

diehardskin2982 12-14-2009 09:20 AM

i still don't like campbell. but he is starting to make me think more and more it was bad playcalling and not him stinking

Monkeydad 12-14-2009 09:40 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;639179]THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN ONE GAME TO DETERMINE THE FUTURE OF A PLAYER

aka shutup[/quote]

So you have not seen a single game since Week 8?

dgw090767 12-21-2009 06:15 AM

[quote=FRPLG;639492]Yeah it seems our new definition of good protection is a bit off. Yesterday was not good in terms of line play. It was at best average. If Peyton is getting hammered like that then everyone is up in arms about how his protection is awful and getting him killed. One of these days JC might get the chance to perform behind a decent line for an extended period of time and we'll get a good idea of what he can really do. I don't know that he is a top-top QB but he certainly can lead my team if it's up to me.[/quote]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We did get a glimpse of what he could be behind a good line for 8 games last season when people where calling him the early MVP for the season. We seem to forget that as fans.