Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35216)

mooby 01-27-2011 01:39 PM

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;780696]LA Noire in April.[/quote]

I was about to mention this. It looks pretty good, I like the idea of a detective thriller type game mixed in with a little sandbox action. It's gonna be different than R*'s GTA but also have some of the same elements in it from what I hear. I've always been a fan of the GTA series since GTA3 so I'm excited to see what that game is like.

mredskins 01-27-2011 01:54 PM

i just got Super Mario Galaxy 2, fun game. Sometimes you just need a non-blow up the world type game.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-28-2011 12:14 AM

[quote=Mattyk;780724]definitely looks interesting, I thought I heard it's due in May though... no?[/quote]

May 17th

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-28-2011 12:18 AM

[quote=Mattyk;780724]definitely looks interesting, I thought I heard it's due in May though... no?[/quote]

Its scheduled for April right now.

MTK 01-28-2011 09:28 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;780899]Its scheduled for April right now.[/quote]

good to know thanks

think I'll place a pre-order on Amazon

skinsfanthru&thru 01-28-2011 10:22 AM

Late last week they announced it's coming may 17th, but there lies the rub for me because even though the game looks really good, that same day is when Brink comes out and I've been waiting quite a while for that so LA Noire will have to wait.

Oh and how about Duke Nukem finally coming out!!!

MTK 01-28-2011 10:42 AM

Yeah Amazon says May 17th too, for what it's worth

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-28-2011 06:09 PM

[quote=Mattyk;780996]Yeah Amazon says May 17th too, for what it's worth[/quote]

Well working at Gamestop we have the date as April 17th. I don't know what Amazon is doing.

mooby 01-28-2011 06:31 PM

I just checked online, and the date I'm finding is May 17th. I know there was a rumor that Gamestop and other places thought it was coming out in April.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-28-2011 11:06 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;781124]Well working at Gamestop we have the date as April 17th. I don't know what Amazon is doing.[/quote]

They r sometimes slow updating our computers. They still have Deus Ex coming out march 8th even though square Enix announced it'd been delayed to their 2011 fiscal year which doesn't start until April.

tryfuhl 01-29-2011 08:56 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;781124]Well working at Gamestop we have the date as April 17th. I don't know what Amazon is doing.[/quote]

You guys should update your release listings lol

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-29-2011 12:44 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;781158]You guys should update your release listings lol[/quote]

It doesn't affect me one way or the other. Getting it the first day it comes out either way.

Dirtbag59 02-03-2011 12:20 PM

I know it's almost a year old but I finally got around to playing God of War 3 and safe to say I was shocked, at least with the opening sequence. The visuals are on a whole other level.

Seeing as how it's depicting God's and Titans in battle it can take on an artistic licence that other games are not allowed to take on. Still never have I been more impressed with a games visuals as the whole opening sequence is basically an interactive cinematic. However the craziest thing is there were times that I didn't know weather to play because I was still in the middle of a cut scene or when I needed to take the controller.

Oh yeah and then theres all the fun you can have in any God of War game, the thing is this game was right under my nose for quite some time. I had downloaded the demo and was definitely impressed but I had no idea how amazing the finished product really was.

On a separate note Mass Effect 2 for PS3 is a great game. The story can be campy at times but overall it does a nice job of telling a story. The graphics are great (not God of War 3 great but still great) and you can set the game on an easy enough level so you don't have to dedicate your life to finishing it (Fallout 3 *cough*)

Dead Space 2 also has gotten great reviews but between Mass Effect and God of War I don't think I really have time for a third game ATM.

tryfuhl 02-08-2011 11:01 PM

Finally broke down and got the damn 360

ps3 seems like a better deal and I prefer the controllers but everyone I know that plays online does it on the 360

Dirtbag59 02-08-2011 11:34 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;783533]Finally broke down and got the damn 360

ps3 seems like a better deal and I prefer the controllers but everyone I know that plays online does it on the 360[/quote]

I personally loved making the switch from the PS3 to the 360. More exclusives in line with what I was looking for as well as free online gaming to go with a wireless router and a blu ray player. The only real thing I miss about the 360 is a lot of the multi-platform games, especially sport games look better on the 360 since the 360 is easier to develop games for, but when you have a company that knows how to use the technology the graphics are amazing (Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 come to mind).

Also a random feature of the PS3 that pisses me off about it missing on XBox and I-Pods alike is the ability to play AVI videos.

Still they don't last forever. I don't know how old my first one was because I got it used but it went YLOD on me after a year a half. Though the numbers suggest that the failure rate on PS3's is ridiculously low so you shouldn't have to worry to much about it.

Then again if you play a lot online with your friends you might be better served getting a new one. My brother actually just went out and bought the cheapest model then switched out the hard drive on his RROD X-Box with the 256MB Hard drive on his newest model. Still despite taking great care of the systems he's on his 3rd 360 since 2008.