Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   April Fools Joke, what do you think? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11896)

dcweldon 04-02-2006 05:23 AM

April Fools Joke, what do you think?

Ok, myself and two of my friend played and april fools joke on some of our friends at school, and I want to know what you guys think.

Ok, so our friends went to a late night bowling alley, and we wanted to do something to them. So we called one of our friends who was there and told him that he had to helps us (we knew he would) and we told him that he needed to get the keys of our friends car and give them to us so we could move it. So he did and we moved the car and proceeded to put ballons and silly string on the inside and wrap the car in plastic wrap (6 rolls of 200sq feet) and then poured two bottles of maple syrup on it. And we wrote a not saying april fools on it. We then find out that all of our friends who were they got PISSED, saw no funny haha in this at all and couldn't believe we had done this. They were pissed the most about the silly string and the fact that it could (could mind you) have damaged the interior.

First off, we would have paid for any damages, and are paying our friend back for the two car washes he had to put it through. But we didn't do any of this to be mean, it was just a joke.

Do you find this to be funny? (I know that I do)

mooby 04-02-2006 05:57 AM

Re: April Fools Joke, what do you think?

i think that might've been going too far. I would've done the maple syrup over the plastic wrap on the outside, but i wouldnt have gone in the interior.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-02-2006 07:15 AM

Malicious Fraud, Robbery, Distruction of Property

I'm thankful the only people I know of doing these types of juveville actions are here at the warpath where I am somewhat protected by my monitor.

With friends like this...

peace

dmek25 04-02-2006 08:53 AM

it was ok until you screwed with the inside of the car.but if you are willing to pay to right a wrong,whats the big deal?

jbcjr14 04-02-2006 09:57 AM

Can I get a refund of time from Friday for the 1.5 hours I spent going through that mod thread?

Honestly, I think this joke went a little too far with the stringy stuff and maple syrup...could have done some heavy damage.

Daseal 04-02-2006 10:19 AM

[quote]Malicious Fraud, Robbery, Distruction of Property[/quote]

Fraud? What action would lead them to fraud?
Robbery? Last I checked if you ask to borrow someones keys to their car and they willingly agree it's NOT robbery.
Destruction of property is all they could get, and they didn't really destroy anything. The silly string on the inside was the worst, the maple syrup was a bit rough too.

GTripp0012 04-02-2006 11:18 AM

[quote=jbcjr14]Can I get a refund of time from Friday for the 1.5 hours I spent going through that mod thread?

Honestly, I think this joke went a little too far with the stringy stuff and maple syrup...could have done some heavy damage.[/quote]

No, in fact, you lose another hour just for asking.

SmootSmack 04-02-2006 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]Malicious Fraud, Robbery, Distruction of Property

I'm thankful the only people I know of doing these types of juveville actions are here at the warpath where I am somewhat protected by my monitor.

With friends like this...

peace[/QUOTE]

The only people eh? Funny how such a diehard Redskins fan would apparently ignore that the players are constantly playing pranks on each other.

I think Daseal's post was dead-on. The only thing that might have been too far with this prank was the maple syrup inside the car.

Duffman003 04-02-2006 11:35 AM

a true april fools joke is going to a party then telling a girl she is the hottest girl you have ever seen. If she likes it then you roll with the idea but if she wants none of it you tell her april fools. it's a win win situation.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-02-2006 12:03 PM

Malicious Fraud: Told one guy they were going to only move a car. Had the intent to defraud this person to obtain the vehicle to damage it.

Robbery: They took one person's car without their consent by lying to person who had access.

Distruction of Property: No brainer.

I guess we'll disagree on this.

Let me make one thing clear if you pull something like this on me I will dot yer tater.

peace
mike

Daseal 04-02-2006 01:21 PM

What day are you going to training camp, SBF? ;)

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-02-2006 02:30 PM

Not sure but I'll protect myself with BBQ!

lol
Shine that tater fer dot'n!

peace

BigSKINBauer 04-02-2006 04:11 PM

I always thought of april fools day as tricking someone. Not doing a prank. The thing that happened here tricked us. That was a prank so on an april fools scale from 0 to 10 you get a 3 becaues the people actually got pissed and in my book pranks are for any day but april fools is to make a fool out of someone.

Schneed10 04-02-2006 04:16 PM

I'd put this in the "not cool" category. You just don't f with another man's car. It's just a no-no.

If you just put balloons in it, or maybe some shaving cream on it, then it's fine. But when you start putting substances on that [B]risk[/B] damaging the car, it's not funny at all. If it were my car I probably would have punched the prankster in the nose.

That Guy 04-03-2006 01:13 AM

this is closer to mean than funny haha... If there is real damage, even if you pay it; some car work isn't cheap, there's no gaurantee the money's NOT coming out of his pocket, and even if you pay back in full, he's still out a lot of time getting it fixed.