Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SF Postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64762)

skinsfaninok 12-13-2020 07:46 PM

SF Postgame

Defense carried the way today , big time plays all
Game!

Offense was as bad as it gets but a win is a win. This team is on a roll

sdskinsfan2001 12-13-2020 07:50 PM

Re: SF Postgame

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268183]Defense carried the way today , big time plays all
Game!

Offense was as bad as it gets but a win is a win. This team is on a roll[/quote]

Not a very creative postgame thread title for securing 1st place lol.

That Chase Young fella is pretty fucking good.

That defense is fun.

OLine had its moments too. Offense really had no chance with Alex looking the worst he has as a Redskin/WFT player and Haskins being unplayable. I don't trust Haskins to toss me a post game beer. He would try to show his arm strength and throw it thru the window.

SkinzWin 12-13-2020 07:52 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268183]Defense carried the way today , big time plays all
Game!

Offense was as bad as it gets but a win is a win. This team is on a roll[/quote]

Way to go #1 team in the NFC LeAST!

I was a Haskins supporter from the beginning, but he continues to make off target throws and the offense just doesn’t click with Haskins under center. Big concern if we make the playoffs and Alex isn’t able to go for some reason.

Chico23231 12-13-2020 07:54 PM

The over throw Haskins made to a wide open Terry almost cost us the game.

Any free agent qb out there?

punch it in 12-13-2020 07:55 PM

No quarterback? No problem!
Cap space. Matty I. Draft picks including two thirds. Stafford doing his best Rypien/Williams? We onto something. Game ball Chase Young.

punch it in 12-13-2020 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1268194]Way to go #1 team in the NFC LeAST!

I was a Haskins supporter from the beginning, but he continues to make off target throws and the offense just doesn’t click with Haskins under center. Big concern if we make the playoffs and Alex isn’t able to go for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Over the last like 4 weeks or so the nfc least has the best win percentage in football.

sdskinsfan2001 12-13-2020 07:57 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268196]The over throw Haskins made to a wide open Terry almost cost us the game.

Any free agent qb out there?[/quote]

Wide fucking open. And he only used his arm and almost fucked up all our universes. He isn't an NFL quarterback. I'd cut him tomorrow if Alex can play next Sunday. Then sign someone else to be backup.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 07:58 PM

All you Chase Young doubters, what do you have to say now? He's the next LT, dominant!!!!

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 07:59 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;1268194]Way to go #1 team in [B]the NFC LeAST! [/B]

I was a Haskins supporter from the beginning, but he continues to make off target throws and the offense just doesn’t click with Haskins under center. Big concern if we make the playoffs and Alex isn’t able to go for some reason.[/quote]

This division has the best record in the NFL over the past 4 weeks. Three new head coaches... I don't want to hear that again this year.

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 08:00 PM

Chase Young 1
Trent Williams 0

SkinzWin 12-13-2020 08:01 PM

[quote=punch it in;1268200]Over the last like 4 weeks or so the nfc least has the best win percentage in football.[/quote]

Over the last 14 weeks the NFC least has the only division leader with a sub 500 win percentage. We are at the top of a dumpster fire. Glad we won but Haskins didn’t help us today. Reason for concern.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 08:01 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1268206]Chase Young 1
Trent Williams 0[/quote]

Fuck Trent and Kyle!! Payback for last year.

sdskinsfan2001 12-13-2020 08:05 PM

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Qb0VkzZ/20201213-170336.jpg[/IMG]

punch it in 12-13-2020 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1268207]Over the last 14 weeks the NFC least has the only division leader with a sub 500 win percentage. We are at the top of a dumpster fire. Glad we won but Haskins didn’t help us today. Reason for concern.[/QUOTE]

You know the nfc east has taken out the steelers,seahawks, saints, niners? Three new head coaches and it took a while but right now at this very moment it is the best division in football. Has been for over a month. Crazy? Yes. True? Yes.

vallin21 12-13-2020 08:16 PM

-Chase Young is an ansolute STUD!!
-Sweat is a monster, although the roughing the passer penalty was so boneheaded
- Kam Curl has been a solid starter
- Hopkins with another miss. SMH
- Haskins has not improved. Sailed the ball over Terry’s head. Poor clock management at the end. Took an unecessary delay of game. I don’t see him on the roster in ‘21
-Bostic has had two great games

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 08:17 PM

[quote=punch it in;1268210]You know the nfc east has taken out the steelers,seahawks, saints, niners? Three new head coaches and it took a while but right now at this very moment it is the best division in football. Has been for over a month. Crazy? Yes. True? Yes.[/quote]

AGREED! NFC Least no more!

punch it in 12-13-2020 08:18 PM

Wow. We literally just beat two very good teams on the road. Look at san frans results. Far better than their record suggests. Our defense is the tits. We get Matty I , AGG, Harmon, Charles, Christian, Love, Gibson, Collins back. We have cap space. We have two third round picks. We r gonna pick up a free agent quarterback and make him a star. Things are looking better than they have in a long time.

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 08:18 PM

It's not how you start, it's how you FINISH!

BaltimoreSkins 12-13-2020 08:18 PM

Defense played great! Thought it was odd that 49ers had 50+ yards rushing in first quarter but quit running the ball regularly. The few times they ran in 2nd quarter they were setting up at 2nd and 4. Good solid runs on first down. Was Kyle quick to abandon the run or was there something I was just not seeing?

The Alex leg has me worried. While he was playing bad it is obvious from watching the offense functions much better with him than Haskins. If there is no Alex the next three games will be tough.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 08:22 PM

I don't know if you have noticed, but during the 4 game winning streak we have been fortunate in that the opposing team has lost key players early in the game or during the game.

Cincy game: Burrow
Dallas game: both of their tackles
Pittsburgh game: Spillane
SF game: Samuel, Warner

Someone upstairs likes us!!

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 08:24 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1268215]Defense played great! Thought it was odd that 49ers had 50+ yards rushing in first quarter but quit running the ball regularly. The few times they ran in 2nd quarter they were setting up at 2nd and 4. Good solid runs on first down. Was Kyle quick to abandon the run or was there something I was just not seeing?

The Alex leg has me worried. While he was playing bad it is obvious from watching the offense functions much better with him than Haskins. If there is no Alex the next three games will be tough.[/quote]

The turf didn't help him, it was a disaster.

htownskinfan 12-13-2020 08:24 PM

I did not get to see the game, I saw a few highlights on red zone channel and that’s it.
Since I did not see the game it’s hard to judge but I don’t know how the offense looked any better with Smith, you look at the stats from the game,Smith was 8-19 for 57 yards with a rating of 27,Just exactly what was he doing that was so good? Haskins was 7-12 with rating of 68.Obviously stats Can be misleading but ..........:confused?:

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 08:28 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;1268221]I did not get to see the game, I saw a few highlights on red zone channel and that’s it.
Since I did not see the game it’s hard to judge but I don’t know how the offense looked any better with Smith, you look at the stats from the game,Smith was 8-19 for 57 yards with a rating of 27,Just exactly what was he doing that was so good? Haskins was 7-12 with rating of 68.Obviously stats Can be misleading but ..........:confused?:[/quote]

Neither QB was good...at all.

SkinzWin 12-13-2020 08:31 PM

[quote=punch it in;1268210]You know the nfc east has taken out the steelers,seahawks, saints, niners? Three new head coaches and it took a while but right now at this very moment it is the best division in football. Has been for over a month. Crazy? Yes. True? Yes.[/quote]

I like what you did there. I’m not trying to dump on the WFT but the division has been historically bad this year. Yes, better the last month, but if our offense looks this anemic in the playoffs, it’ll be one and done for us. All I’m asking for is some traditional Alex Smith game management. 200 yards, 1 passing TD, clock management, killer D, and a trip to the big game!

FrenchSkin 12-13-2020 08:33 PM

With the Offense not able to stay on the field, that Defensive perf was just outstanding.
They allowed 2 drives all game. 2. And scored 2 touchdowns. [B][U]Their O scored just 3 more points than our D in this game. [/U][/B] [I][U]EDIT: Technically just 2 actually[/U][/I]

Love to see Fuller bounce back after a bad game, and Bostic finally looking like what he was last year 2 games in a row. Love it!

Chief X_Phackter 12-13-2020 08:39 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1268229]With the Offense not able to stay on the field, that Defensive perf was just outstanding.
They allowed 2 drives all game. 2. And scored 2 touchdowns. [B][U][B]Their O scored just 3 more points than our D in this game[/B].[/U][/B]

Love to see Fuller bounce back after a bad game, and Bostic finally looking like what he was last year 2 games in a row. Love it![/quote]

That is unsustainable. O has to figure shit out.

Chico23231 12-13-2020 08:47 PM

The d line performance....one of the most dominant I’ve witnessed especially against a very good oline.

I’m still in awe. D performance of a lifetime

Bostic, Kam Curl, KPL...Reaves, cb. Everyone made plays.

Anyone noticed we blitzed a decent amount.

JDR u are fucking amazing

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 08:50 PM

Poor Dwayne:

Dwayne Haskins said at the end of the game, he had tears in his eyes... Seemed to get a bit choked up thinking/talking about the adversity he's faced this season. No, it wasn't pretty after the 1st drive. Also hadn't played in a couple months.

mooby 12-13-2020 08:51 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268196]The over throw Haskins made to a wide open Terry almost cost us the game.

Any free agent qb out there?[/quote]

Whoa, lets not judge Haskins off of one missed throw the entire game.

Let's judge him for all the inaccurate throws. He started off quick but was tapped out at the end. Ron saw enough with under 2 minutes, he was hoping the 49ers would ease off and let us kneel even though we didn't have enough time to run out the clock. If he had a different qb under center we would've at least tried to get the first down.

mooby 12-13-2020 08:53 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1268239]The d line performance....one of the most dominant I’ve witnessed especially against a very good oline.

I’m still in awe. D performance of a lifetime

Bostic, Kam Curl, KPL...Reaves, cb. Everyone made plays.

[B]Anyone noticed we blitzed a decent amount.[/B]

JDR u are fucking amazing[/quote]

It was about time JDR started mixing it up, this d-line is good but not so consistently amazing they will never have to blitz again. It's like Mike Tomlin said, if 4 ain't doing it sometimes you gotta send 5 or 6.

Kudos to the d today, today was the answer to the question "Is this defense good enough to win a game entirely on its' own?"

We have serious questions on offense if we expect to contend for the NFCE title this year.

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 09:11 PM

Post game speech, love it!!!

[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/video/[/url]

punch it in 12-13-2020 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=SkinzWin;1268227]I like what you did there. I’m not trying to dump on the WFT but the division has been historically bad this year. Yes, better the last month, but if our offense looks this anemic in the playoffs, it’ll be one and done for us. All I’m asking for is some traditional Alex Smith game management. 200 yards, 1 passing TD, clock management, killer D, and a trip to the big game![/QUOTE]

A game manager that can hit a couple clutch throws when necessary is all we need right now. Not too much to ask at all!

skinsfan69 12-13-2020 09:26 PM

a win is a win and you take it. but the offense is just putrid. alex should retire after this year. haskins will always have bad mechanics. we need to draft a qb and start him day one. period. no cam newton stop gap, no jamies winston. we could actually be a real good team if we still had Kirk.. lol. the d needed to score 2 times to beat a team without it's 1st string QB, best player on d and best wr out.

FrenchSkin 12-13-2020 09:31 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1268243]Post game speech, love it!!!

[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/video/[/url][/quote]

Rivera coaching through cancer and cancer treatment was amazing. And you can fill how much more energy he has now. His voice is so inspiring now that he's healthy... And he can't possibly be a 100% yet, can't wait for it !

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 09:33 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1268247]Rivera coaching through cancer and cancer treatment was amazing. And you can fill how much more energy he has now. His voice is so inspiring now that he's healthy... And he can't possibly be a 100% yet, can't wait for it ![/quote]

Chase was hurt early in the season with the groin injury, a healthy Chase makes a huge difference. His words:

Chase Young with the Mamba mentality: "We're not done yet... I like to think what would Kobe do? He wouldn't be smiling. He'd put his head down and keep working until he achieved what he wanted to achieve... That's the vibe of the team right now. We're not satisfied.

FrenchSkin 12-13-2020 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1268248]Chase was hurt early in the season with the groin injury, a healthy Chase makes a huge difference. His words:

Chase Young with the Mamba mentality: "We're not done yet... I like to think what would Kobe do? He wouldn't be smiling. He'd put his head down and keep working until he achieved what he wanted to achieve... That's the vibe of the team right now. We're not satisfied.[/QUOTE]Payne also said he thinks this D is "no where near" where they can be. After this DL almost singlehandedly won the game, love that mentality.
Culture change looks real right now.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 09:53 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1268249]Payne also said he thinks this D is "no where near" where they can be. After this DL almost singlehandedly won the game, love that mentality.
Culture change looks real right now.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk[/quote]

Like I said last year, we were missing that key pass rusher that would elevate the DL to their potential, having RR influencing this young group instead of Gruden who was out picking up chicks also helps.

skinsfaninok 12-13-2020 09:56 PM

Dwayne had 1 horrible throw but the rest was ok. He is what he is, a backup in the NFL. I’d keep him

SFREDSKIN 12-13-2020 09:58 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1268251]Dwayne had 1 horrible throw but the rest was ok. He is what he is, a backup in the NFL. I’d keep him[/quote]

2 throws, the one in the endzone intended for McLaurin was iffy too.

Chico23231 12-13-2020 10:02 PM

Alex Smith was trash today. Rams game like

We need to move on from both Alex and Haskins. This isn’t gonna work with these 2