Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25208)

BleedBurgundy 09-14-2008 04:06 PM

Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

So... I'm guessing this should be obvious, but we have a new starting SS now, right? Great game by Horton, an amazing debut.

2 ints and a fumble recovery, plus no obvious lapses in coverage = starter.

Redskin Warrior 09-14-2008 04:11 PM

Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

yes sir sorry doughty

jsarno 09-14-2008 04:12 PM

absolutely...horton has earned another start!

TheSmurfs22 09-14-2008 04:12 PM

I like Doughty but I think Horton earned himself a starting job. He brings a toughness which you need to have back there. Well done Chris!!!!

Jamaican'Skin 09-14-2008 04:13 PM

Touch luck for Doughty, but the rook made a name out there for himself

DynamiteRave 09-14-2008 04:14 PM

I am 100% on the Horton train. There's an icy cold bench waiting for you Doughty.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 09-14-2008 04:14 PM

Yeah I think we have our starting safety opposite of Landry.

RMSkins 09-14-2008 04:14 PM

He better be the starter. I have been advocating the replacement of Reed Doughty as long as I can remember and I said that Horton or Moore will eventually replace him and hopefully my prediction comes true.

DIRTEE 09-14-2008 04:17 PM

No need to be nasty about it, Doughty will provide quality depth.

SFREDSKIN 09-14-2008 04:18 PM

I think he was picked and to sent to us by Sean Taylor, he's a playmaker, ballhawk and can hit. I can't wait to see until he polishes his game.

RMSkins 09-14-2008 04:21 PM

[quote=DIRTEE;476463]No need to be nasty about it, Doughty will provide quality depth.[/quote]
Oh no doubt. Doughty will be relegated to the role that he should be in which is a run stopping safety/special teams ace.

mlmpetert 09-14-2008 04:23 PM

A serious ballhawk!

Rhaamses 09-14-2008 04:27 PM

We have to take this for what it actually is. Horton is a rookie who played a great game. It appears that he understood what the game plan was, and brought some of his own attribute to the game today. It is also fair to note that NO did not have any game tape on the guy. We will have depth regardless, but this one game will probably not be enough got GB to to replace Doughty.

The Goat 09-14-2008 04:28 PM

Horton is the man. U gotta love his attitude back there.

jsarno 09-14-2008 04:29 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;476466]I think he was picked and to sent to us by Sean Taylor, he's a playmaker, ballhawk and can hit. I can't wait to see until he polishes his game.[/quote]

Let's not go crazy, it was one game. I love the game he played, but every week is different in this league.

MTK 09-14-2008 04:32 PM

I don't want to piss on his parade too much but let's face it he happened to be around the ball which was good of course, but it's not like he made those plays on his own, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Still, I'll take it. 2 INTs and a fumble recovery is a nice day at the office.

wilsowilso 09-14-2008 04:36 PM

Is Doughty hurt?

MTK 09-14-2008 04:37 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;476502]Is Doughty hurt?[/quote]

flu like symptoms

MiraclesHappen07 09-14-2008 04:37 PM

Doughty has a stomache virus

MiraclesHappen07 09-14-2008 04:39 PM

now i love what Horton did, he played very well out there, but dont make him a starter just yet, even though Doughty wasnt a ballhawk, he was consentent. les see what horton can do i the next two games or so and then we can decided if hes the new starter

RMSkins 09-14-2008 04:39 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;476492]I don't want to piss on his parade too much but let's face it he happened to be around the ball which was good of course, but it's not like he made those plays on his own, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Still, I'll take it. 2 INTs and a fumble recovery is a nice day at the office.[/quote]
Being at the right place at the right time is what playing defense is all about Matty. Not to mention Horton actually CAUGHT the interceptions, something that we haven't been able to do a lot.

dall-assblows 09-14-2008 04:39 PM

just one complaint on the whole horton train. cut your damn hair mannnnnnnnnnn

MiraclesHappen07 09-14-2008 04:40 PM

lol whats wrog with his hair? i love it i like seeing someone with that hair being a hard hitter and a ballhawk!

SBXVII 09-14-2008 04:41 PM

[b]" Horton Hears A Who...."[/b]

DynamiteRave 09-14-2008 04:41 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;476510]just one complaint on the whole horton train. cut your damn hair mannnnnnnnnnn[/quote]

The hair is good! It stands him out from everyone else on the team! It screams, "Look at me and my man braids. Ooooh"

JGisLordOfTheRings 09-14-2008 04:49 PM

[quote=SBXVII;476513][B]" Horton Hears A Who...."[/B][/quote]

I was wondering when this was coming....lol

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-14-2008 04:51 PM

We don't win this game if Horton doesn't play. Horton was lucky insofar as he just happened to be around the fumble and be in the spot where the balls got deflected, but something tells me Doughty doesn't make those plays.

Paintrain 09-14-2008 04:51 PM

He played a nice game, no doubt. If nothing else, we know we've got excellent depth at that position.

Hog1 09-14-2008 04:54 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;476514]The hair is good! It stands him out from everyone else on the team! It screams, "Look at me and my man braids. Ooooh"[/quote]
He continues to play like that, I'm growing Horton dreads!

Ruhskins 09-14-2008 04:56 PM

Jesus, when did Doughty become public enemy #1? You'd imagine he was a player for the Cowboys. He was just an average player, period; it's not like he single-handedly loss games for the team. I'm happy about Horton, and I hope he becomes a great player for us, he has made a strong claim to be a starter. But let's not forget how Santana was schooling a rookie DB.

Hog1 09-14-2008 04:56 PM

[quote=Paintrain;476527]He played a nice game, no doubt. If nothing else, we know we've got excellent depth at that position.[/quote]
WE REALLY have needed a turnover hound............maybe he has been discovered.
...............and how that Jason Taylor?

JoeRedskin 09-14-2008 05:03 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;476525]We don't win this game if Horton doesn't play. Horton was lucky insofar as he just happened to be around the fumble and be in the spot where the balls got deflected, but something tells me Doughty doesn't make those plays.[/quote]

It's like any opportunity - You may be in the right place at the right time, but you still need to take advantage of the opportunity presented. On one of the interceptions, he saw the ball in flight and twisted his body while on the run, to get the ball.

I am not nominating him for Rookie of the Year, but he made some nice plays. If he continues to improve, our safety play will be pretty damn good.

SFREDSKIN 09-14-2008 05:04 PM

[quote=jsarno;476487]Let's not go crazy, it was one game. I love the game he played, but every week is different in this league.[/quote]

I've watched this kid since our first exhibition game and he's a playmaker, he's got it!! The more he plays the better he will get, don't under estimate that he was a 7th round pick, he was a steal and is proving it. He will beat Doughty and possibly Moore before the end of the season. Oh, he can also catch interceptions that our other DB's drop.

dmvskinzfan08 09-14-2008 05:04 PM

Dude was on top of his game. Two ints and a fumble recover..Doughty who? lol

53Fan 09-14-2008 05:26 PM

I like Doughty and think he's a good player. I've noticed Horton is always around the ball since preseason and think he is a heck of a playmaker. We need people like that. He was a hell of a 7th round pick. He can definitely be a "star' in this league. Whoever starts right now I think we have a very good situation in the secondary. Quality depth. Starting or not, he will play a lot. Deservedly so. Unless Doughty starts getting some turnovers, it would be awfully hard to keep Horton on the bench. Did'nt hear Rogers name very much which is good. Quality play by a lot of players.

vallin21 09-14-2008 05:29 PM

Horton is a beast (or better than Doughty). Oh yeah didn't ST have long hair and he made the pro bowl. I won't go too far with that [B]but[/B] this will be the calling card for doughty to ride the BENCH. I have been on saying Doughty is not good in like forever and now we have a pretty good tandem with Landry and Horton. It is very exciting to watch him play. I would start him next game and see where it takes us.

DynamiteRave 09-14-2008 05:48 PM

[quote=vallin21;476556]Horton is a beast (or better than Doughty). Oh yeah didn't ST have long hair and he made the pro bowl. I won't go too far with that [B]but[/B] this will be the calling card for doughty to ride the BENCH. I have been on saying Doughty is not good in like forever and now we have a pretty good tandem with Landry and Horton. It is very exciting to watch him play. I would start him next game and see where it takes us.[/quote]

Doughty is consistent at best. Which is good for a 2nd stringer. I can't remember him doing anything that really made me go, "Wow. This guy could be something special."

GMScud 09-14-2008 05:59 PM

If nothing else he has a fantastic nose for the ball, which is reflective of good instincts. The other skills can be honed through coaching. We need big momentum changing plays on D, and he's been providing them since the HOF game. Start him. Sorry Reed.

Redskin Warrior 09-14-2008 06:17 PM

Well Horton came up big on that 3rd down tackle to stop the Saints on there last drive of the game. 7th round draft picks coaches nor fans have great expectations for them but he exceeded all today.

Dirtbag59 09-14-2008 06:26 PM

I'm glad Horton played well and he definately earned another start but a lot of you guys are way to anxious to get rid of Doughty.