Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scouts Inc. ranks the playoff coaches (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21765)

Monkeydad 01-04-2008 08:38 AM

Re: Scouts Inc. ranks the playoff coaches

[quote=SmootSmack;401057]Let's be clear here that this was written by someone from Scouts Inc. and hosted by ESPN. Not written by ESPN.

Either way, doesn't matter I suppose.[/quote]

Ok, so if I make a banner that says "REDSKINSWARPATH.COM loves the Partriots" and you put it on top of the website, it's not [U][B]only[/B][/U] my fault because I made it. :cheeky-sm

FRPLG 01-04-2008 09:46 AM

Not to turn this too much into a debate on ESPN but I think most of us give them way too hard of a time. Does ESPN do some things that suck? Yes. Do they have issues? Yes. But it is not like they are any worse than any other major sports media company. They just have about 10x the exposure. If you don't like ESPN then fine but I am betting just about anyone who has ever bashed them still watches them at least occasionally and probably more. Remember that for every thing they do that makes you throw your hands up they do 5 things that you enjoy. No one is perfect but ESPN isn't nearly as awful as a lot of people want to make them out to be in my opinion.

MTK 01-04-2008 09:52 AM

[quote=FRPLG;401344]Not to turn this too much into a debate on ESPN but I think most of us give them way too hard of a time. Does ESPN do some things that suck? Yes. Do they have issues? Yes. But it is not like they are any worse than any other major sports media company. They just have about 10x the exposure. If you don't like ESPN then fine but I am betting just about anyone who has ever bashed them still watches them at least occasionally and probably more. Remember that for every thing they do that makes you throw your hands up they do 5 things that you enjoy. No one is perfect but ESPN isn't nearly as awful as a lot of people want to make them out to be in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree.

We seem to rag on them all the time, but my car radio is tuned to ESPN radio almost all the time, and when I'm at the gym I'm typically watching SportsCenter, and when I'm looking for highlights on a Sunday night I'm switching back and forth between NFL Network and ESPN.

I guess as with anything, we tend to focus on the bad more often and we don't give enough attention to the good things.

I love ESPN, I really do. Maybe because I hold them to a high standard their occassional mistake sticks out more.

SmootSmack 01-04-2008 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;401344]Not to turn this too much into a debate on ESPN but I think most of us give them way too hard of a time. Does ESPN do some things that suck? Yes. Do they have issues? Yes. But it is not like they are any worse than any other major sports media company. They just have about 10x the exposure. If you don't like ESPN then fine but I am betting just about anyone who has ever bashed them still watches them at least occasionally and probably more. Remember that for every thing they do that makes you throw your hands up they do 5 things that you enjoy. No one is perfect but ESPN isn't nearly as awful as a lot of people want to make them out to be in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I heart you

FRPLG 01-04-2008 10:04 AM

A good saying someone once told me...

"Nothing is never as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

That Guy 01-04-2008 09:04 PM

thats the most vague and outright wrong article i've read in a while... and it's only a couple sentences long.

seriously sounds like someone hit auto summarize in word and threw it on the web.