Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dirty Eagles Pre-game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64284)

DYoungJelly 12-23-2018 05:51 PM

Dirty Eagles Pre-game

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/23/colt-mccoy-wont-be-available-season-finale-against-eagles/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4c76639cdbef[/url]

Colt is out next week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mooby 12-23-2018 06:25 PM

Re: Dirty Eagles Pre-game

I'm really surprised, thought broken legs heal in a few weeks.

Here's the gameplan for this week:

[yt]N0H-TvVs4yw[/yt]

metalskins 12-23-2018 09:11 PM

Yawn. Wondering how empty the stadium will be?

Skinsfanatic 12-23-2018 09:29 PM

[quote=metalskins;1214376]Yawn. Wondering how empty the stadium will be?[/quote]

What if fans bought up all the cheap tickets and showed up with paper bags? Like a real, clear statement to Snyder as opposed to just not showing.

DYoungJelly 12-23-2018 09:47 PM

Looks like Samaje will be on the field this week.

skinsfaninok 12-23-2018 10:20 PM

Won't be watching next week but I'm sure the eagles will smash us. It's all good we'll have a top 15 pick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

metalskins 12-23-2018 10:29 PM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1214377]What if fans bought up all the cheap tickets and showed up with paper bags? Like a real, clear statement to Snyder as opposed to just not showing.[/quote]

Or better yet, fans not buy tickets at all, don't show up to the games - that sends a bigger message.

MTK 12-23-2018 10:37 PM

Shame that the team is still battling given all the injuries and the fans bailed long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinsfanatic 12-23-2018 10:58 PM

[quote=metalskins;1214387]Or better yet, fans not buy tickets at all, don't show up to the games - that sends a bigger message.[/quote]

It doesn't though. You can always argue apathy or that "people are just watching at home now because televisions are so awesome" (or some other bs).

If people are at the game, on the broadcast, with clear messages it is hard to look the other way (maybe their heads were just cold).

sdskinsfan2001 12-23-2018 11:04 PM

Would be nice to finish 8-8 and end Eagles season.

If we lose, better draft pick.

I'll be watching.

DYoungJelly 12-23-2018 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1214388]Shame that the team is still battling given all the injuries and the fans bailed long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]You're right on.

It was impressive how they competed.

I hope they come out and compete next week.

Would love to see some of the depth guys get some snaps.

Might even get to see Bruce's hopes and dreams at rb (Samaje).

skinsfaninok 12-23-2018 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1214390]Would be nice to finish 8-8 and end Eagles season.

I'll be watching.[/QUOTE]I would be but I'll be traveling back from Fla. But right now I don't see anyone stopping Nick foles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 12-23-2018 11:16 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1214393]I would be but I'll be traveling back from Fla. But right now I don't see anyone stopping Nick foles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not expecting a win.

REDSKINS4ever 12-24-2018 01:38 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1214390]Would be nice to finish 8-8 and end Eagles season.

I'll be watching.[/quote]

I'm with you....I'm looking forward to free agency and the draft...8-8 would be no different than 7-9....I don't think the Redskins will beat the Eagles

DynamiteRave 12-24-2018 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=metalskins;1214376]Yawn. Wondering how empty the stadium will be?[/QUOTE]

They’ll be lucky to sell half of the stadium and no doubt it’ll be filled with Eagles fans. They’ll be the home team for sure. Our fan base is stronger outside of the area than it is in the area.

BaltimoreSkins 12-24-2018 09:05 AM

I would love nothing more than to end their season. Win the SB and then miss the next year? choke artists.

KI Skins Fan 12-24-2018 09:23 AM

[quote=MTK;1214388]Shame that the team is still battling given all the injuries and the fans bailed long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Good point! I was extremely impressed by how hard the Skins competed against the Titans. They did themselves proud. The players deserve the support of the fans in the stadium and I hope they get a good send-off at the end of the game.

CRedskinsRule 12-24-2018 09:58 AM

[quote=metalskins;1214376]Yawn. Wondering how empty the stadium will be?[/quote]

It'll be an Eagles home game that is for sure.

CRedskinsRule 12-24-2018 10:00 AM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1214389]It doesn't though. You can always argue apathy or that "people are just watching at home now because televisions are so awesome" (or some other bs).

If people are at the game, on the broadcast, with clear messages it is hard to look the other way (maybe their heads were just cold).[/quote]

It isn't any different then when cerrato banned signs at the stadium. Everyone ought to accept that the staff isn't changing, and prep the trucks with signs for next year.

Chico23231 12-24-2018 10:42 AM

Would like to see us spoil the eagles season.

calia 12-24-2018 04:26 PM

We will lose by 30. This team has no fight left and the shit show with DJ is just the capper. The only good news is that Jay, Bruce and the rest of the dipshits will be on the street right after. Honestly, this team is killing me.

By the way, does anyone thing DJ was incorrect? Wrong maybe, but not incorrect.

CRedskinsRule 12-24-2018 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=calia;1214503]We will lose by 30. This team has no fight left and the shit show with DJ is just the capper. The only good news is that Jay, Bruce and the rest of the dipshits will be on the street right after. Honestly, this team is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Hate to burst your bubble but Gruden and Allen are very likely safe.

BaltimoreSkins 12-24-2018 05:08 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1214505]Hate to burst your bubble but Gruden and Allen are very likely safe.[/quote]

Sadly I agree

DYoungJelly 12-24-2018 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=calia;1214503]We will lose by 30. This team has no fight left and the shit show with DJ is just the capper. The only good news is that Jay, Bruce and the rest of the dipshits will be on the street right after. Honestly, this team is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]It does not matter if DJ was 100% correct every time he said something.

Players and coaches have to keep it in house.

Name any successful teams who air their dirty laundry in the media.

SouperMeister 12-25-2018 01:04 AM

[quote=metalskins;1214376]Yawn. Wondering how empty the stadium will be?[/quote]I predict more green jerseys in the stands than burgundy ones.

calia 12-25-2018 01:29 AM

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1214516]It does not matter if DJ was 100% correct every time he said something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I don’t disagree. I was merely pointing out that the coaching is pretty suspect.

mooby 12-25-2018 09:53 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1214516]It does not matter if DJ was 100% correct every time he said something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/quote]

This. Totally agree with DJ, Manusky sucks dong. But he needs to keep that opinion in house, especially after they've previously warned him about talking to the media. What would that tell the other players if there were no repercussions for a player ignoring multiple warnings?

FrenchSkin 12-26-2018 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=KI Skins Fan;1214412]Good point! I was extremely impressed by how hard the Skins competed against the Titans. They did themselves proud. The players deserve the support of the fans in the stadium and I hope they get a good send-off at the end of the game.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I like this roster. And I won't be able to not hope for a win on Sunday... but I should because I don't want this coaching staff to have any other argument to help their case.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

jamf 12-26-2018 12:10 PM

I would like to see some young guys get some playing time. I got my eye on Monte Nicholson, that dude is ready to knock someone out 24/7!

All joking aside, if there is a starter that isn't expected to be back, I would bench him and see what we have as backup right now.

SD-Hamilton, Byron Marshall, and Everett are guys that should see significant playing time next year.
I would also like to see what Ryan Anderson can do if he's healthy on Sunday.

jamf 12-26-2018 12:20 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1214505]Hate to burst your bubble but Gruden and Allen are very likely safe.[/quote]

You are probably right.
I think they will be safe till Bruce finalizes the new stadium deal.

BaltimoreSkins 12-26-2018 01:45 PM

[quote=jamf;1214667]You are probably right.
I think they will be safe till Bruce finalizes the new stadium deal.[/quote]

Considering the Skins lease isn't up till 2027 that could be a long time depending on what "finalizing" involves.

Chico23231 12-27-2018 11:45 AM

Redskins placed Jordan Reed (toe) on injured reserve.

Washington also placed Colt McCoy (leg) on injured reserve. Both had already been ruled out for the season finale. Despite staying healthy for most of the season, Reed had a fairly disappointing 2018, catching 54 passes for 558 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games. Reed should be fine for the offseason program

Would love to find a team to take him for late 3rd, 4th round pick this offseason

DYoungJelly 12-27-2018 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1214831]Redskins placed Jordan Reed (toe) on injured reserve.

Washington also placed Colt McCoy (leg) on injured reserve. Both had already been ruled out for the season finale. Despite staying healthy for most of the season, Reed had a fairly disappointing 2018, catching 54 passes for 558 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games. Reed should be fine for the offseason program

Would love to find a team to take him for late 3rd, 4th round pick this offseason[/QUOTE]I wonder if they are wanting to activate any players just to get a look at them.

I know he is labeled a tight end. He is really just a receiver.

I don't think he has been used in a way that maximizes his potential since Jay has been here.

mooby 12-27-2018 05:01 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1214675]Considering the Skins lease isn't up till 2027 that could be a long time depending on what "finalizing" involves.[/quote]

Incoming "Bruce Allen has been extended until 2027" tweet lol.

jamf 12-27-2018 05:20 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1214675]Considering the Skins lease isn't up till 2027 that could be a long time depending on what "finalizing" involves.[/quote]

By finalize, I mean secure land in DC.

DYoungJelly 12-27-2018 06:32 PM

[url]https://twitter.com/Lescarpenter/status/1077996670200266758?s=20[/url]

But Nick Foles is a GREAT story!

SolidSnake84 12-28-2018 06:38 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1214831]Redskins placed Jordan Reed (toe) on injured reserve.

Would love to find a team to take him for late 3rd, 4th round pick this offseason[/quote]

I have heard the exact opposite of Reed's health all through the season. I have heard that even when he was labeled "healthy" this year, he was playing in pain every game. Supposedly there is a medical procedure that could be done that would take away most of his pain, but i believe it involved removing part or all of his toe. I believe he even commented on it during camp / preseason, that they could have done a surgery but it would have potentially been career threatening so he was trying other alternatives first.

REDSKINS4ever 12-29-2018 06:47 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1214831]Redskins placed Jordan Reed (toe) on injured reserve.

Would love to find a team to take him for late 3rd, 4th round pick this offseason[/quote]

I'd trade Reed to Pittsburgh for TE Jesse James and a 5th round pick....I think the Steelers would make that trade....

sdskinsfan2001 12-29-2018 07:14 PM

My GF and me have a deal that I only go out either Saturday or Sunday to watch games. Wanted to go out today for college playoffs but those were on at home and I wanted to see our last game, so I stayed in today. Good decision, ND is getting blasted. Already changed the channel.

C'mon Josh, take us out on a high note tomorrow.

DYoungJelly 12-29-2018 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;1215100]I'd trade Reed to Pittsburgh for TE Jesse James and a 5th round pick....I think the Steelers would make that trade....[/QUOTE]Isn't he a free agent after this year?