Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CB Ignored in Free Agency (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11462)

Schneed10 03-12-2006 09:21 PM

CB Ignored in Free Agency

Have you guys noticed that the Skins don't seem to be pursuing any CBs in free agency? They came out of the gate like gangbusters going after Randle-El, Lloyd, Andre Carter, Adam Archuleta, Todd Collins, and Christian Fauria. But I haven't seen even one tiny blurb about them pursuing a CB.

With Walt Harris gone, the team surely knows that Ade can't serve as our nickel. The team must have a plan, and given the draft's depth at CB, I'm guessing they have some CB candidates for our 2nd rounder. Some of you guys really know the draft pool, can you hit us with the CB candidates the Skins might be interested in with their 2nd rounder?

BrudLee 03-12-2006 09:36 PM

Re: CB Ignored in Free Agency

CB is a sensitive position for us because of our top two. Springs is clearly our #1 for now, and Rogers needs to be number two to keep his growth as a player going. Essentially, we're looking for someone worse thhan them, but not worthless. That's not going to be an easy slot to fill on the first two days of free agency.

Personally, I'd like too see us try Eric Warfield from the Chiefs. He's very good, but he's had some league addressed problems with alcohol that could keep his price down. A little old for the youth movement at 30, but still good enough to start if injuries take their toll on the secondary.

shallyshal 03-12-2006 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Have you guys noticed that the Skins don't seem to be pursuing any CBs in free agency? They came out of the gate like gangbusters going after Randle-El, Lloyd, Andre Carter, Adam Archuleta, Todd Collins, and Christian Fauria. But I haven't seen even one tiny blurb about them pursuing a CB.

With Walt Harris gone, the team surely knows that Ade can't serve as our nickel. The team must have a plan, and given the draft's depth at CB, I'm guessing they have some CB candidates for our 2nd rounder. Some of you guys really know the draft pool, can you hit us with the CB candidates the Skins might be interested in with their 2nd rounder?[/QUOTE]

yes, they might use their second rounder for a cb... more likely they will pick up andre dyson or r w mcquarters

That Guy 03-12-2006 09:42 PM

we may get a #3 CB in FA yet, they're 2nd and 3rd tier FAs, so much less important than the other guys we brought in.

in the 2nd jonathan joseph is the guy i'd take (FAST), but plenty of other options will also be there, and gerrick mcpherson (UMD) might fall into the 5th as well.

I still like OG with our 2nd round pick due to the expense of bringing in a quality OL guy. though we might try for arizona's LG (R webb?) since he's low tendered and would only cost a 6th round pick.

skins009 03-12-2006 09:42 PM

Don't forget the skins could resign Walt Harris for less money. I don't think he's gonna have to many bidders on the open market and could very well resign with us.

That Guy 03-12-2006 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=skins009]Don't forget the skins could resign Walt Harris for less money. I don't think he's gonna have to many bidders on the open market and could very well resign with us.[/QUOTE]

he's kinda terrible though.

TrustinGibbs 03-12-2006 09:44 PM

Joe Gibbs ALWAYS has a plan. Know that. He's been extremely successful at the highest levels of competition in professional (2)sports for the past 20+ years and you guys still doubt him? He'll get what we need and Snyder will pay for it. I always keep one thing in mind...wherever the competition is, our guy, Mr. Gibbs is already two steps ahead.

In the past Snyder would spend but no one had a clue as to what to spend his $ on. Now we have a true football genius making those decisions.

As fans we cannot ask for a better situation.

diehardskin2982 03-12-2006 09:45 PM

it's only day 2.., we still have some time

That Guy 03-12-2006 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=TrustinGibbs]Joe Gibbs ALWAYS has a plan. Know that. He's been extremely successful at the highest levels of competition in professional (2)sports for the past 20+ years and you guys still doubt him? He'll get what we need and Snyder will pay for it. I always keep one thing in mind...wherever the competition is, our guy, Mr. Gibbs is already two steps ahead.

In the past Snyder would spend but no one had a clue as to what to spend his $ on. Now we have a true football genius making those decisions.

As fans we cannot ask for a better situation.[/QUOTE]

um, this is a forum, where people talk. Maybe you missed the point of this thread, but according to your post we shouldn't ever discuss anything ever? kinda defeats the purpose of why we're here, now doesn't it?

Monksdown 03-12-2006 10:10 PM

With Walt Harris gone, the team surely knows that Ade can't serve as our nickel. The team must have a plan, and given the draft's depth at CB, I'm guessing they have some CB candidates for our 2nd rounder. Some of you guys really know the draft pool, can you hit us with the CB candidates the Skins might be interested in with their 2nd rounder?[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't waste our 2nd rounder on a cb. Id rather a linebacker.

mcalderone10 03-12-2006 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]he's kinda terrible though.[/QUOTE]

minor details

mcalderone10 03-12-2006 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]um, this is a forum, where people talk. Maybe you missed the point of this thread, but according to your post we shouldn't ever discuss anything ever? kinda defeats the purpose of why we're here, now doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

and he understood himself he wouldn't be posting/discussing

Pocket$ $traight 03-12-2006 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=Monksdown]With Walt Harris gone, the team surely knows that Ade can't serve as our nickel. The team must have a plan, and given the draft's depth at CB, I'm guessing they have some CB candidates for our 2nd rounder. Some of you guys really know the draft pool, can you hit us with the CB candidates the Skins might be interested in with their 2nd rounder?[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't waste our 2nd rounder on a cb. Id rather a linebacker.[/QUOTE]

Why can't Ade cover nickel? When Springs and Rogers were hurt he was starting.

That Guy 03-12-2006 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper]I hope they don't waste our 2nd rounder on a cb. Id rather a linebacker.[/QUOTE]

Why can't Ade cover nickel? When Springs and Rogers were hurt he was starting.[/QUOTE]

he got burnt too. he can start, but its definately not optimal.

jdlea 03-12-2006 10:55 PM

I think the Skins don't need to rush into signing a cornerback. They do need a nickel guy to come in and possibly take over as the starter when Springs is finished. We also pretty much know that this guy is gonna see some action as a starter because Springs and Rogers both missed time last year. I think that it is an important thing that we bring someone, but I'm not ready to press the panic button just because we haven't looked into adding depth because we're too busy courting starters.