Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Training Camps Open. What's newsworthy to you? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64855)

CRedskinsRule 07-28-2021 08:32 PM

NFL Training Camps Open. What's newsworthy to you?

Prescott leaves practice with strained muscle in right shoulder
[url]https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2189351[/url]

Not wishing hurt on anyone,, but also not going to cry a tear if Dak misses time this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SunnySide 07-29-2021 12:05 PM

Re: NFL Training Camps Open. What's newsworthy to you?

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals pass-rusher J.J. Watt was put on the physically unable to perform list Wednesday after experiencing soreness in his hamstring after Tuesday's conditioning test that kicked off his first training camp.

The injury kept Watt out of Wednesday's practice, the Cardinals' first of camp, and he said he didn't expect to practice Thursday, as well. He later said he didn't know when he'd be back on the field.

"We're gonna take it very slow and be very smart about it," Watt said. "I mean, it's a hamstring, obviously, so you want to be very smart. Take your time."

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31909307/arizona-cardinals-put-jj-watt-pup-list-sore-hamstring[/url]

JJ Watt injured ... color me surprised

-------------------------

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Kelvin Benjamin was released Wednesday by the New York Giants and didn't appreciate how it all went down for everybody to see. He was especially critical of coach Joe Judge, who he thought was doing everything to "kind of sabotage the situation."

Benjamin explained his side of the story in a phone conversation Wednesday night with ESPN. He was in good spirits despite the spirited on-field confrontation earlier in the day.

"I'm good," Benjamin said. "A little disappointment."

His disappointment was the result of how the situation unfolded. It all began with Judge calling Benjamin over on the field before the first practice of training camp at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. Judge told the converted wide receiver that he'd be fined for reporting to camp overweight.

Benjamin, who was trying to resuscitate his career as a tight end, said the Giants wanted him to report to camp at 251 pounds. He was 265 pounds in the spring and came in at 268 pounds for camp.

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31909133/receiver-kelvin-benjamin-critical-new-york-giants-coach-joe-judge-release[/url]

Players not happy with Judge's style ... surprise surprise surprise. That dude needs to start winning quick before all the players start tuning him out.

--------------------

METAIRIE, La. -- Sean Payton expressed frustration Wednesday night over the fact that New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas did not have ankle surgery until June, though he declined to elaborate on why the procedure was delayed.

Thomas, who was plagued by the injury throughout last season, is expected to miss time at the start of this season, as well.

"Well, look, it appears we're gonna have to spend some time without him. It's disappointing," Payton said during his opening training camp videoconference before the Saints' first practice Thursday. "And we'll work through it with the other players that are here. But the surgery took place, and obviously we would've liked that to happen earlier than later. And quite honestly, it should've."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported in January that Thomas was expected to undergo surgery to repair the torn deltoid and other injured ligaments in his ankle. But it was just revealed last week that Thomas did not have surgery until after he reported for the Saints' mandatory minicamp in June.

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31907523/new-orleans-saints-sean-payton-says-michael-thomas-surgery-happened-june[/url]

Thomas acting out and doing dumb stuff? The drama of last year continues ...

Monkeydad 07-29-2021 12:32 PM

Bring in the ex-Panther Kelvin Benjamin for TE competition!

If Judge fears the players turning on him quick, just wait until the regular season NJ/NY media gets on the job!

SunnySide 07-29-2021 03:10 PM

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
Washington TE Ricky Seals-Jones is down and looks to be in pain. Trainers tending to him.

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
3h
Bad news for the Giants here
Quote Tweet
Paul Schwartz
@NYPost_Schwartz
· 3h
Shane Lemieux was just carted off the field. He’s the starting left guard.

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
4h
I love listening to Washington tight ends coach Pete Hoener work with his young guys. Serious intensity. I took a video but def cant post it with the language. Let's just say John Bates and Sammis Reyes have been told to get lower in blocks or get off the depth chart

--------------

Honestly forgot we drafted a good blocking TE with some upside

Chief X_Phackter 07-29-2021 03:12 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1286454]
JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
4h
I love listening to Washington tight ends coach Pete Hoener work with his young guys. Serious intensity. I took a video but def cant post it with the language. [B]Let's just say John Bates and Sammis Reyes have been told to get lower in blocks or get off the depth chart[/B][/quote]

Wow. No sugar coating there. I like it.

CRedskinsRule 08-03-2021 02:13 PM

Quinton Nelson out 5 to 12 weeks along with Wentz

MTK 08-03-2021 02:16 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1286773]Quinton Nelson out 5 to 12 weeks along with Wentz

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Major ouch right there with Nelson

CRedskinsRule 08-03-2021 02:17 PM

Lol Joe Judge

Giants' Judge ends practice, orders discipline after teamwide brawl
[url]https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2190406[/url]

WCommandersfan99 08-04-2021 07:37 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1286775]Lol Joe Judge

Giants' Judge ends practice, orders discipline after teamwide brawl
[url]https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2190406[/url]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]Lol that article is hilarious with Judge cussing the whole team out at the end. I could see the Giants going real high or real low with this guy running the show. Will be an interesting team for sure. I would not underestimate some of their FA signings. Expect them to be competitive.

skinsfan69 08-04-2021 08:01 AM

Wentz is so damn brittle. His body can not withstand the rigors of the NFL. How funny would it be if the Colts pick up Foles? Foles even threrw it out there that he would like to go the the Colts.

skinsfan69 08-04-2021 08:06 AM

I wonder what Wentz is thinking hearing what Foles said. That is a playoff team w/ no QB.

WCommandersfan99 08-04-2021 08:19 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1286807]Wentz is so damn brittle. His body can not withstand the rigors of the NFL. How funny would it be if the Colts pick up Foles? Foles even threrw it out there that he would like to go the the Colts.[/quote]The irony is Foles did win a SB with Philly, but Wentz keeps being valued much higher despite his injuries. Seriously starting to wonder how many more chances Wentz will get.

GridIron26 08-04-2021 09:13 AM

[quote=The Skinsinator;1286811]The irony is Foles did win a SB with Philly, but Wentz keeps being valued much higher despite his injuries. Seriously starting to wonder how many more chances Wentz will get.[/quote]

I think maybe one team that needs QB badly will give Wentz another chance if Colts let him go.. Wentz is really odd case - he played well in the first few years but then fell off the cliff within one year. Something must have happened to Wentz that the public doesn't know about.

CRedskinsRule 08-04-2021 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=The Skinsinator;1286803]Lol that article is hilarious with Judge cussing the whole team out at the end. I could see the Giants going real high or real low with this guy running the show. Will be an interesting team for sure. I would not underestimate some of their FA signings. Expect them to be competitive.[/QUOTE]It looks like Judge might be another in the Belichek line of failures. Stories like this make me think Belichek liked his coordinators hot-headed and he balanced that passion and used it but never taught his coordinators the head coaching aspect.

You can't treat nfl players like high school flunkies and keep respect throughout an NFL season

WCommandersfan99 08-04-2021 10:03 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1286821]It looks like Judge might be another in the Belichek line of failures. Stories like this make me think Belichek liked his coordinators hot-headed and he balanced that passion and used it but never taught his coordinators the head coaching aspect.

You can't treat nfl players like high school flunkies and keep respect throughout an NFL season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]This will be a telling season for them and Judge considering Daniel Jones isn't a rookie anymore, healthy Barkley, and the amount they spent in FA. Sounds like the players already dislike him lol.

JoeRedskin 08-04-2021 12:38 PM

I just could not imagine something like the Giants' brawl happening on this team. I am not saying it absolutely couldn't, but I just don't think

(1) Rivera would let it get to that point. Something like that doesn't just happen out of the blue. Extra words, extra shoves during practice, grumbling in meetings and on the sidelines about a player or players play in practice, etc. I just think Rivera and his coaches have a better ear to the ground than that; and

(2) There are probably a few, but I just don't think the players here would be jumping into something like that. I also imagine if something really started there are several players who would be breaking it up (Allen, McClaurin jump to mind probably Young as well). It's just not this team.

WCommandersfan99 08-04-2021 12:50 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1286844]I just could not imagine something like the Giants' brawl happening on this team. I am not saying it absolutely couldn't, but I just don't think

(1) Rivera would let it get to that point. Something like that doesn't just happen out of the blue. Extra words, extra shoves during practice, grumbling in meetings and on the sidelines about a player or players play in practice, etc. I just think Rivera and his coaches have a better ear to the ground than that; and

(2) There are probably a few, but I just don't think the players here would be jumping into something like that. I also imagine if something really started there are several players who would be breaking it up (Allen, McClaurin jump to mind probably Young as well). It's just not this team.[/quote]It must have escalated quickly. The fact that the starting qb is at the bottom of it is crazy. Tensions must have been real high for sure. Agree that this would be fixed quickly here not to get to that level.

Chico23231 08-04-2021 12:51 PM

[quote=The Skinsinator;1286831]This will be a telling season for them and Judge considering Daniel Jones isn't a rookie anymore, healthy Barkley, and the amount they spent in FA. Sounds like the players already dislike him lol.[/quote]

Gettleman felt so much pressure to go out and spend. He’s put it all on this year, if they shit the bed it’s gonna be a full rebuild.

People say Danny the Tranny is the key, I’d lean towards Saquon. Saquon has “no doubt” talent…how much can they lean on him coming off the injury? Also, that oline has been built and rebuilt…can it finally do the job?

MTK 08-04-2021 01:00 PM

Big year for dopey Danny. I'm sure the Giants are looking for him to take a big leap forward.

Giantone 08-04-2021 01:05 PM

LOL, I loved it!!! You guys have every right to be concerned. Good stuff here!

[url]https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/04/new-york-giants-joe-judge-brawl-important-thing-is-we-learn-from-it/[/url]

Meks 08-04-2021 01:30 PM

I'll concern myself with all the picks he throws to our secondary this year, thanks.

JoeRedskin 08-04-2021 01:35 PM

[quote=Giantone;1286849]LOL, I loved it!!! You guys have every right to be concerned. Good stuff here!

[url]https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/04/new-york-giants-joe-judge-brawl-important-thing-is-we-learn-from-it/[/url][/quote]

How is any of that "good stuff" if you are a Giants' fan. I really thought the Giants were going to be the biggest threat to us (despite all the Dallas love). Between the brawl itself, and the comments and observations afterward, and the rumors that Judge is not well liked by the players, I am much less worried that they are going to be taking the next step.

The QB is looking good in practice, but I remember reading that last year as well. Besides, his flaws are the type that only come out in live games, [I]i.e.[/I] his inability to read/react to pressure which, in turn, causes him to force the ball or hold it to long.

CRedskinsRule 08-04-2021 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;1286844]I just could not imagine something like the Giants' brawl happening on this team. I am not saying it absolutely couldn't, but I just don't think

(2) There are probably a few, but I just don't think the players here would be jumping into something like that. I also imagine if something really started there are several players who would be breaking it up (Allen, McClaurin jump to mind probably Young as well). It's just not this team.[/QUOTE]There was one that sparked off on Friday and the teammates kept it in check and Rivera kept his cool as well.

skinsfaninok 08-04-2021 03:27 PM

Washington Football Team announces fans may no longer wear headdresses or face paint into FedEx Field

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giantone 08-04-2021 03:33 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1286852]How is any of that "good stuff" if you are a Giants' fan. I really thought the Giants were going to be the biggest threat to us (despite all the Dallas love). Between the brawl itself, and the comments and observations afterward, and the rumors that Judge is not well liked by the players, I am much less worried that they are going to be taking the next step.

The QB is looking good in practice, but I remember reading that last year as well. Besides, his flaws are the type that only come out in live games, [I]i.e.[/I] his inability to read/react to pressure which, in turn, causes him to force the ball or hold it to long.[/quote]

LOL, funny stuff.;)

Chico23231 08-04-2021 03:49 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1286854]Washington Football Team announces fans may no longer wear headdresses or face paint into FedEx Field

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Just never been face paint guy. I’ll leave the make up for the others

I guess all references and tributes to Chief Zee will be ending as well? Terrible

CRedskinsRule 08-04-2021 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1286854]Washington Football Team announces fans may no longer wear headdresses or face paint into FedEx Field

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Whoa. Shit just got real

SunnySide 08-04-2021 05:00 PM

Maybe if we start winning again the Hogettes will come back.

Had season tickets (err girl i was sticking it to did) and they were a light football toss away from our seats. After a few years, you just didnt see them anymore. This was 2005 ish?

-----------------

Quinton Dunbar -- signed a 1 yr deal with the Lions and surprise surprise guess who has already missed first 2 days of practice.

I did enjoy listening to Jay Gruden talk about Dunbar, he danced around it a bit but he called him soft, unreliable and a person teammates have taken note of as not being there when needed.

FrenchSkin 08-05-2021 08:10 PM

Jeez, I know i'm gonna be bored AF but I'm pumped to see some football :D

CRedskinsRule 08-05-2021 08:22 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1286956]Jeez, I know i'm gonna be bored AF but I'm pumped to see some football :D[/quote]

yeah, watching the HOF game just because it's football, but first series for both teams very few starters.

FrenchSkin 08-05-2021 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1286957]yeah, watching the HOF game just because it's football, but first series for both teams very few starters.[/QUOTE]As WFT fans it'll be kinda intriguing to see how Haskins does...

Pitts rookie RB looking good so far.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 08-05-2021 09:14 PM

Well "good news" for us is Haskins didn't suddenly become Kurt Warner when he stepped out of DC...

GridIron26 08-06-2021 08:07 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1286962]Well "good news" for us is Haskins didn't suddenly become Kurt Warner when he stepped out of DC...[/quote]

It's not a good sign if Haskins didn't play well against 2nd/3rd stringers.

FrenchSkin 08-06-2021 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=GridIron26;1286965]It's not a good sign if Haskins didn't play well against 2nd/3rd stringers.[/QUOTE]Would have to look at stats but it felt like he only threw check downs, and maybe one inaccurate AF ball down field. And for those Twitter talks about how great a camp he was having, didn't seem like his coaches were very confident about what they had seen so far. A lot of run and short passing game when he was in.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

skinsfan69 08-06-2021 08:48 AM

I doubt Haskins will ever be a good QB. He just doesn't have it.

JackLord 08-06-2021 09:24 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1286958]As WFT fans it'll be kinda intriguing to see how Haskins does...

Pitts rookie RB looking good so far.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk[/quote]

Considering what his wife did to him in Vegas, I would hate to see what an ambitious linebacker might do.

MTK 08-06-2021 09:58 AM

The amount of time we've spent discussing bad QBs on this board over the years is really depressing.

CRedskinsRule 08-06-2021 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1286977]The amount of time we've spent discussing bad QBs on this board over the years is really depressing.[/QUOTE]Seriously. This franchise and our fan base has serious qb-anxiety issues.

skinsfaninok 08-06-2021 10:42 AM

[url]https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/offensive-lineman-zach-fulton-becomes-third-giants-player-to-retire-this-week-fourth-this-offseason/[/url]

Um what the hell is going on with the Gmen??

MTK 08-06-2021 01:38 PM

@mortreport

Josh Allen and the @BuffaloBills have agreed to a 6 year contract extension through 2027, per sources. Contract details to come but needless you say the money is significant.