Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Portis: Redskins will be among top five teams (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23776)

Coff 07-02-2008 07:42 PM

Re: Portis: Redskins will be among top five teams

[quote=redskinjim;454510]if we can win those close games instead of letting teams come back. last year we blew tampa bay buffalo giants dallas thats 13 wins[/quote]

Careful with your verbs.

Coff 07-02-2008 08:05 PM

One thing I like about this thread is that there is very little contention, and that is out of the ordinary for a "preseason-predictions" thread (hell, it's out of the ordinary for any thread). It's great to hear that CP is optimistic, and I think we all appreciate it. As far as being a top 5 team, few of us really believe that, but it is great to see people express something other than a "best case scenario outlook" without getting lambasted for being "anti-Redskins," which is so often the case. I think it all reflects a calmer attitude in the Redskin community, and I believe a lot of it has to do with not having to deal with the stress of having Gibbs on the sideline; most would agree that he is universally recognized as the greatest person in the organization's history, and if not irrefutably the greatest, then at least arguably so. But it felt as though, every week, his legacy was on the line, and though he certainly lived up to it (in my opinion), the stress was nonetheless very high.
Now we go into a new year, with a new coach, and with very little on the line; on top of that, we are re-building somewhat, and there is no urgency to win NOW! Who here thinks that we will win less games in '09 than in '08? Very few people, I'm guessing, and that is a great feeling! And the importance of this is that this year we can watch and see how Zorn and Campbell and Co. develop, knowing full well that there is a learning curve, and that the future is around the corner, and the team will continue to progress. But there is less urgency, and less tension, and as a result the season can be more enjoyable (granted, urgency and tension brought us to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons, which was more than the previous 11, so I might be eating my words in a few months!).
I miss Gibbs and I'm psyched to see Zorn take his place, and yet I don't feel any internal contradiction for having these seemingly opposite sentiments. Go Skins.

hesscl34 07-09-2008 04:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;454390][URL="http://mvn.com/nfl-redskins/2008/06/27/portis-redskins-will-be-among-top-five-teams/"]Hog Heaven | MVN - A Washington Redskins blog » Blog Archive » Portis: Redskins will be among top five teams[/URL]

What do you guys think? Bold prediction from CP... is he high or is he really convinced the Redskins can have a big season?[/quote]

He says this stuff every freakin year... I'd like to see less talk and more action.

SkinzzFan 07-09-2008 04:37 PM

Luckily the season hinges on Jason Campbell's arm and not on Clinton Portis' mouth. Although I dig his confidence. I would love to see the Skins back among the elite, where they belong!

HAIL!!

J. Spanky 07-09-2008 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;455814]He says this stuff every freakin year... I'd like to see less talk and more action.[/QUOTE]

hey, at least he does his part to make it happen every freakin year. i'd love to see some others follow his lead.

gortiz 07-12-2008 12:37 PM

it all depends on lips... :laughing-

he throws for plus 60% comp and less then 12 picks, and 20+ td's we are top 5 material ...

Giantone 07-12-2008 03:47 PM

[quote=GMScud;454431] If we can manage a week 1 win in Giants' stadium (and given the miserable offseason the G-men had, it's a possibility), that could serve as a huge tone-setter.[/quote]

LOL...........please explain?

Rooster 07-12-2008 07:37 PM

Bold prediction indeed. I'm gonna say they will not be in the Top 5 with a maybe and they will be in the Top 5 with a not so fast. Confused?

redskinsfanatic 07-13-2008 06:32 PM

i love portis,bu i wish he'd just let his playing on the field do the talking!