Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38624)

mredskins 09-19-2010 09:41 AM

Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread

I am excited about today! IF we can win we would gain a lot of respect.

I look for McNabb to break out this week!

HTTR!!!!

saden1 09-19-2010 09:42 AM

Re: Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread

I can't sleep! I'm ready to watch! Let's go get it!

HTTR!

Skinny Tee 09-19-2010 09:56 AM

Unfortunately I think we'll get gashed by the run today.

If you remember the 1st quarter during our preseason games our first team defense was getting a lot of big 10-20 yard runs against them. The Texans more than likely won't have the running output they had week one but it looks like they are a smart enough team to know how to execute their gameplan.

I'm seeing them using their ground game effectively and winning convincingly 27-13.

CRedskinsRule 09-19-2010 10:01 AM

I agree with Skinny, in addition the Texans are a very balanced team. Unless our lines hold up we may be in for a long day. 30-17 Texans

aceinthehouse 09-19-2010 10:08 AM

I think we'll give up some run a "little' but not be gashed for 230 like the colts...
but i also think our Defense will cause turnovers again like Haslet preaches and I also think Mcnabb gives us some points for the Offense as well.

I think we score in the high 20's or low 30's today...
and give up anywhere from 14 to 20 pt's...

If we can get production from our O and continue the pressure/turnovers with our D,we will be [B]VERY[/B] hard to beat imo...

We win today boys!!

saden1 09-19-2010 10:15 AM

They dominated a shitty Colts defense that lost Sanders early. Texans were one the worst running team last year...one good game against the a mediocre defense and you guys act like they have the best run game in the league? Please!

skinsfanthru&thru 09-19-2010 10:30 AM

I like our chances in a tough high scoring game. I'm not gonna predict a score but I think the d can force another 2-3 turnovers and if the o-line does the job it did last week against a weaker d-line this week, the offense can get a few scores through the air against the Texans questionable secondary.

Skinny Tee 09-19-2010 10:31 AM

[quote=saden1;735011]They dominated a shitty Colts defense that lost Sanders early. Texans were one the worst running team last year...one good game against the a mediocre defense and you guys act like they have the best run game in the league? Please![/quote]

You have to remember how susceptible we are against the run. Preseason and even during the week one we were giving up big gains on the ground.

The reject cowboys were too dense to realize they were gaining 4.7 per carry and didn't want to change their pass heavy offense to win the game.

The Texans obviously proved that they will alter their strong suits to combat an opponent. The Texans threw for over 4500+ yards last year and Schaub didn't even see 110 passing yards in his first game.

I can't say that we have the same balance they do as a team especially on offense. I still think they win convincingly today.

doughtydoubter 09-19-2010 10:37 AM

today is going to be a good day!
Man if we can go 2-0 it gives us some great confidence, respect and momentum. I wont be jumping on the superbowl bandwagon....we all know how that turned out after zorns great start!!!
But in really excited to see how our team plays against the texans
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Longtimefan 09-19-2010 10:40 AM

Today is my birthday, so here's to hoping the team will make me feel good about celebrating the entire evenng after leaving the game.

Contrary to the belief of some, I like our chances today.....hail

SOUL-SKINS 09-19-2010 10:44 AM

Don't forget the Texans were home last week. They will have to deal with the 12th man today. F ' em. We're winning this shit.

SirClintonPortis 09-19-2010 10:48 AM

[quote=saden1;735011]They dominated a shitty Colts defense that lost Sanders early. Texans were one the worst running team last year...one good game against the a mediocre defense and you guys act like they have the best run game in the league? Please![/quote]

We don't have a NT. No NT=run all day.

saden1 09-19-2010 10:58 AM

They'll get what we give them. This team can and does play 4-3 if the need arises. We have issues on defense but let's not blow up the Texans.

Longtimefan 09-19-2010 11:02 AM

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the [so called] experts are picking the Texans, they're still watching last weeks game.

SirClintonPortis 09-19-2010 11:02 AM

[quote=saden1;735021]They'll get what we give them. This team can and does play 4-3 if the need arises. We have issues on defense but let's not blow up the Texans.[/quote]

Somehow Kemo is not going to get blown off the ball now? And Albert has a bum ankle, limiting his effectiveness.