Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL: NFL Offseason (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64813)

SunnySide 08-19-2021 12:06 PM

Re: Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

[quote=mooby;1287838][IMG]https://i.redd.it/tkzlmajg25i71.jpg[/IMG]

Devonta Smith looks like a make-a-wish kid here. Feels like the game plan to defend him is gonna be "hit him as hard as possible."[/quote]

St. Juste kid has really long arms.

Jackson is a physical corner.

Heard radio talking heads saying we want to copy Seattles physical jam them at the line approach.

Which would be great compliment to our pressure front line. QBs got to get the ball out quick, a jam at LOS throws WR off a half second, that half second is the diff btw a sack and short hot route completion.

CrustyRedskin 08-19-2021 08:56 PM

Phili looking like a bag of buttholes tonight. Fn Flacco smh

calia 08-20-2021 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=CrustyRedskin;1287931]Phili looking like a bag of buttholes tonight. Fn Flacco smh[/QUOTE]

They’re in mid-season form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calia 08-20-2021 12:31 AM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1287874]That was the knock on him from the get-go. He was fairly protected in College because of the scheme they ran for him, but I don't see him being afforded the same protection in the NFL. He will have to be able to take a beating.

Maybe he's a tough kid. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

DeSean Jackson is a pretty lithe dude but tough. Maybe this kid is too. Maybe. If not, he’s going to get wrecked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redskins#1234 08-20-2021 10:27 AM

[quote=calia;1287947]DeSean Jackson is a pretty lithe dude but tough. Maybe this kid is too. Maybe. If not, he’s going to get wrecked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Wow he is very small,I guess he has a big heart...

MTK 08-20-2021 10:30 AM

Smith can flat out play, I don't care about his size. And he's a much more polished route runner than DeSean Jackson ever was.

Chief X_Phackter 08-20-2021 10:36 AM

[quote=MTK;1287967]Smith can flat out play, I don't care about his size. And he's a much more polished route runner than DeSean Jackson ever was.[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't watch much of him in college. I only know what I've read. He looked ok last night. I feel like he left some plays out there, but you can definitely see his explosiveness. When he catches the ball he seems to immediately catch another gear.

Chico23231 08-21-2021 10:25 AM

👀

During halftime of Friday night’s Chiefs-Cardinals game on ESPN, Adam Schefter made a comment that felt initially like a throwaway line but that, based on the words used, seems significant after playing it back a couple of times.

Regarding Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and his lingering absence due to a shoulder strain, Schefter said, “He’s not fully back, he may not be back all season long.”

Chico23231 08-21-2021 07:49 PM

Jets QB Zach Wilson looks the part. Wow

mredskins 08-21-2021 10:19 PM

Justin Fields came crashing back down to earth. I swear the nfl is so quick to name the next great thing.

EdmundDorf 08-22-2021 04:00 AM

[quote=mredskins;1288091]Justin Fields came crashing back down to earth. I swear the nfl is so quick to name the next great thing.[/quote]

I couldn't understand the praise last week, I know it is rookie quarterback enthusiasm, but looked to me like most of his passes were checkdowns less than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Doesn't mean he won't be good in the future but the media gets carried away way to early

skinsfaninok 08-23-2021 08:39 AM

So far these rookie QB's look really good, especially Lance and Wilson.. Going to be interesting once the real defenses show up in 2 weeks.

mredskins 08-23-2021 08:49 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1288098]I couldn't understand the praise last week, I know it is rookie quarterback enthusiasm, but looked to me like most of his passes were checkdowns less than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Doesn't mean he won't be good in the future but the media gets carried away way to early[/quote]

I didn't see the hype either and it was against MIA 2nd stringers.

Chico23231 08-23-2021 10:10 AM

[quote=mredskins;1288091]Justin Fields came crashing back down to earth. I swear the nfl is so quick to name the next great thing.[/quote]

I see zero value playing Dalton at QB. Dalton been atrocious in camp and preseason

Chicago should play Fields now…unfortunately Nagy and Pace are trying to keep their jobs and will probably go with the safer option

EdmundDorf 08-23-2021 10:23 AM

Saw part of the PFF podcast this morning and they made the rather good point that the Bears play the Rams wk1, best to let Dalton take those lumps than destroy a rookies confidence right out of the gate