Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44102)

Dirtbag59 09-14-2011 07:32 PM

Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints

[YT]1nGlRZ5gtu0[/YT][YT]XaJ6MdNPVhM[/YT]
[YT]J1PZb5QKwis[/YT][YT]XRr8HkygozM[/YT]

[URL="http://youtu.be/UQomh-tquIs"]Rex Grossman Week 1 vs Giants 2nd Half[/URL]

DCtoAZ 09-14-2011 07:38 PM

Re: Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints

well done .. that's bad ass

CRedskinsRule 09-14-2011 08:10 PM

I really like those uniform colors. Personally the best of our current selections.

For more hard hitting analysis, please tune in later! ;)

SirClintonPortis 09-14-2011 08:36 PM

Even in the early incompletions of Grossman's performance, he has a feel of who is open and KNOWS where to go with the football.

Also, it's a testament to Kyle Shanahan's scheme that one guy always seem to be open.

Hog1 09-14-2011 09:03 PM

LOVE the Vids DBag!!!
Many good things to be happy about.
As has been mentioned, I am a little concerned with the D secondary, protection for Rex. He is getting hit a lot.
Run blocking as well. HTower is the real deal and when he gets even decent blocking he makes things happen. If ever there was a cure for "Bad Rex" it is big days from Htower and the run game. Oh, and Gano...U better git' Better...you should be ashamed as your brother kicked is out smacking down 63 yarders and you choke in a 38

Dirtbag59 09-14-2011 09:21 PM

[quote=Hog1;835881]LOVE the Vids DBag!!!
Many good things to be happy about.
As has been mentioned, I am a little concerned with the D secondary, protection for Rex. He is getting hit a lot.
Run blocking as well. HTower is the real deal and when he gets even decent blocking he makes things happen. If ever there was a cure for "Bad Rex" it is big days from Htower and the run game. Oh, and Gano...U better git' Better...you should be ashamed as your brother kicked is out smacking down 63 yarders and you choke in a 38[/quote]

Thanks Hog. I'm starting to think that the quick edit style you see with the D videos is better. Quicker to make and they flow much better. Plus some of the replays I throw in there I'm starting to notice don't show that much (part of the reason I show them with QB's is in hope of seeing better views of pass protection and the receivers routes).

Of course just when I think to cut replays entirely I see stuff like Aikman's analysis of Hightowers TD run with Paulsen's key block on Boley (it really is amazing how quick they notice these things). It would have taken me at least 10 times of watching that to notice Paulsens block.

I don't know, I guess I'll play it by ear from hear on out.

I've also considered putting together a video of Kolb so we can look ahead to this weekends game but that might be overkill. Granted I did put together a McNabb video, lol, but he only had like 17 or 18 total plays.

[YT]2VDS-Iw6yh4[/YT]

Hog1 09-14-2011 09:33 PM

Looking ahead to the next game would real cool.....
A lot of work on your part....though

SmootSmack 09-14-2011 09:45 PM

Cool...but I won't lie. I was kind of hoping this thread was Slingin' Sammy's review

SBXVII 09-14-2011 09:49 PM

Awsome what you did with the video's. Funny how the media was marveling at how many receivers Tom Brady used in their game yet the Skins used 4 different receivers on their first TD drive, completed passes to 5 different receivers on their second TD drive, and then on the third TD drive Grossman used 4 different receivers among WR's, TE's, and RB's.

Yet not nearly a word in the media about all the receivers the Skins used in game one. Interesting.

SmootSmack 09-14-2011 10:00 PM

[quote=SBXVII;835890]Awsome what you did with the video's. Funny how the media was marveling at how many receivers Tom Brady used in their game yet the Skins used 4 different receivers on their first TD drive, completed passes to 5 different receivers on their second TD drive, and then on the third TD drive Grossman used 4 different receivers among WR's, TE's, and RB's.

Yet not nearly a word in the media about all the receivers the Skins used in game one. Interesting.[/quote]

It was mentioned multiple times in the game

MTK 09-14-2011 10:05 PM

Yeah I heard plenty of remarks of how Rex did a good job of spreading the ball around.

So are the Gaints the new Aints of the league?

SBXVII 09-14-2011 10:17 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;835895]It was mentioned multiple times in the game[/quote]

Sorry maybe I was too excited the team was actually doing well. lol.

Kindoy 09-14-2011 11:11 PM

Call me crazy, but am i the only one besides that johnny5 guy that has the slightest inclination to think that Grossman might have a couple pro bowl type years ahead of him?

Bucket 09-14-2011 11:12 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;835877]Even in the early incompletions of Grossman's performance, he has a feel of who is open and KNOWS where to go with the football.

Also, it's a testament to Kyle Shanahan's scheme that one guy always seem to be open.[/quote]

It's all about Kyle's System. There is a WR that should be open on his first look. All he has to do is look off the coverage and then complete the pass. If it's not open, he goes to the check down.

Atleast from watching these past two years that is what it looks like

SirClintonPortis 09-14-2011 11:28 PM

[quote=Bucket;835906]It's all about Kyle's System. There is a WR that should be open on his first look. All he has to do is look off the coverage and then complete the pass. If it's not open, he goes to the check down.

Atleast from watching these past two years that is what it looks like[/quote]

Definitely something Donovan Mc39yds couldn't do last season. Either he was stupidly forcing the ball down the field when there was a wide open underneath guy or dirt balling the pass. And of course, Mickey39's lack of accuracy on all sorts of passes was annoying as well.