Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brett Favre Reportedly hasn't decided to retire (AGAIN) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37629)

skinsfan69 08-03-2010 11:46 AM

re: Brett Favre Reportedly hasn't decided to retire (AGAIN)

so sick of this guy. should've gotten the surgery done right after the season. i give it til the last pre season game and he shows up.

skinsfaninok 08-03-2010 11:50 AM

They should call Denver .. Maybe get orton or Quinn

Hog1 08-03-2010 11:51 AM

He failed his fitness test?

tryfuhl 08-03-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=Hog1;716915]He failed his fitness test?[/quote]

MacGregorESPN

Pacing back and forth as he decides retirement, Favre accidentally completes Redskins conditioning test

saden1 08-03-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=Mattyk;716903]Even without Favre I see the Vikes as a 10-11 win team.[/quote]

Do you like Travis Jackson or Sage Rosenfels as your starter? I think Travis might be better at throwing the ball from his back foot and running instead of throwing but I wouldn't count out Sage when it comes to completion percentage and throwing INTs. And of course they both know how to get hit and take a sack.

If they win 10 games it will be a miracle.

tryfuhl 08-03-2010 11:52 AM

I think that Tavaris will start, he didn't look that bad in pre-season.

GMScud 08-03-2010 11:54 AM

Yawn^100.

MTK 08-03-2010 11:55 AM

[quote=saden1;716918]Do you like Travis Jackson or Sage Rosenfels as your starter? I think Travis might be better at throwing the ball from his back foot and running instead of throwing but I wouldn't count out Sage when it comes to completion percentage and throwing INTs. And of course they both know how to get hit and take a sack.

If they win 10 games it will be a miracle.[/quote]

I would take Tavaris. Hopefully he's learned a thing or two on the bench and is ready to take a step forward. I don't think 10 wins is that much of a stretch. You're talking about a team with a good OL, running game, defense, and weapons in the passing game.

Chico23231 08-03-2010 11:59 AM

I wont believe it until I see week 1 and actually see someone else under center...

saden1 08-03-2010 12:03 PM

[quote=Mattyk;716923]I would take Tavaris. Hopefully he's learned a thing or two on the bench and is ready to take a step forward. I don't think 10 wins is that much of a stretch. You're talking about a team with a good OL, running game, defense, and weapons in the passing game.[/quote]

Sort of like last year's Jets? It's a distinct possibility but I don't think their defense or o-line is as good. Time will tell. One thing I do remember is the number of plays Favre had to make for the Viking to win games and I really don't think Travis is better than he was two years ago..

tryfuhl 08-03-2010 12:04 PM

RickMaese

Shanahan jokes of Favre retirement, "I'll believe it when I see it"

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-03-2010 12:06 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;716884]Brett Favre is so old, the first time he retired Longtimefan was just Fan[/quote]

That is funny.

tryfuhl 08-03-2010 12:08 PM

Adam_Schefter

Had Favre retired after season, Minnesota's quarterback this season could have been Donovan McNabb, Jason Campbell or Marc Bulger.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-03-2010 12:10 PM

I am shocked.... thought he would return to give it one more try..

The Vikings will lose 4 games because of the Brett. He saved at least 4 that they would not have won last year. So I would have put them at 12-13 wins I will 8 or 9 wins now.

But like SS said I am going to wait till week one to actually fully believe we won't see #4 again.

MTK 08-03-2010 12:10 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;716941]Adam_Schefter

Had Favre retired after season, Minnesota's quarterback this season could have been Donovan McNabb, Jason Campbell or Marc Bulger.[/quote]

Sucks but they knew the risk they were taking by waiting on him.