Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL - Wildcard Playoffs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46047)

SkinzWin 01-10-2012 12:12 PM

Re: Around the NFL - Wildcard Playoffs

[quote=CultBrennan59;874532]Read the damn post. He beat a battered up pittsburgh defense with out 3 of its starting DL, and their FS (as well as their offense missing some of their key starters Mendenhall, A healthy big ben, their OL always shifting guys around). It wasn't a traditional good steeler defense (nor team), it was a mediocre one, which he still almost lost to...And I'm just saying beat NE with [B]Belichick whose considered a defensive wiz that is nearly unstoppable to beat when he has a bye week to plan for your team[/B]. Plus he beat them last time with his defense and made Tim look like the bad QB we always debate about. Beat NE then I'll think he's a good NFL QB, he still hasn't shown me consistency to give me a definite answer. Keep in mind he lost 3 straight before this post season win on this 8-8 team.[/quote]

This doesn't matter. New England is 31st in defense. They can't stop anyone. Hatters are going to say, "Tebow didn't do anything because the NE defense sucks. I'll only believe in him if he beats Team X in the conference championship."

MTK 01-10-2012 12:17 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;874541]The key for Denver will be getting to Brady. If Dumervil and Von Miller can get to Brady, Denver can win this game.[/quote]

Agreed, this one falls on Denver's D.

Hog1 01-10-2012 12:19 PM

In all honesty, as far as "Really Good" teams are concerned....NE may set up fairly well for Denver. I cannot imagine they can win it, but then I could not see them beating Pitt...
Soooo, T has shown he can actually throw a decent ball....Deep, followed by more of the same. Denver is weak against the pass. Are they still playing wideouts at D-back? I know they can run against them. Denver should be able to score points against NE and if the D can chase Tom around some....who knows.
Tough to keep pace in a shootout...

mredskins 01-10-2012 12:20 PM

I have a hard time believing DE gets by NE. I kind of saw it coming in the Pitt game considering Pitt's injuries and DE at home.

The game that intrigues me is Hou/Bal. I can see Hou winning that game if TJ and the O weapons get going.

SirClintonPortis 01-10-2012 12:21 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;874508]What game were you watching? LeBeau put 8 and 9 guys in the box escentially shutting down the running game and forcing Tebow to beat them by throwing, which he did. This is the first game he made a lot of different throws. Didn't just pull it down and run it, but extended the play with his legs looking to throw. McGahee rushed for 60. Tebow for 50. Not exactly establishing the run so well. I think Tebow showed a lot of improvement in this game especially considering it was a good Steelers defense. All you hatters goin' to hat no matter what Tebow does.[/quote]Dude, I'm a Tebow liker who thought that he's gonna make it since he'll put in the work.

Ok, put it this way. The [I]threat[/I] to run was established, and in large part due to Tebow being a legit "extra" running threat. Thay's why the Steelers had to commit extra players to stopping it instead of playing their usual game. That left them vulnerable on the back end and that was what precisely done them in at the end. In essence, Tebow's ability to run helped Tebow the passer make those beautiful throws to those wide receivers.

5.0 YPC for Tebow isn't bad, even with a small sample size and the total yardage was above the average amount of yards the Steelers gave up in the regular season (99.8 yards per game)

SkinzWin 01-10-2012 01:19 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;874552]Dude, I'm a Tebow liker who thought that he's gonna make it since he'll put in the work.

Ok, put it this way. The [I]threat[/I] to run was established, and in large part due to Tebow being a legit "extra" running threat. Thay's why the Steelers had to commit extra players to stopping it instead of playing their usual game. That left them vulnerable on the back end and that was what precisely done them in at the end. In essence, Tebow's ability to run helped Tebow the passer make those beautiful throws to those wide receivers.

5.0 YPC for Tebow isn't bad, even with a small sample size and the total yardage was above the average amount of yards the Steelers gave up in the regular season (99.8 yards per game)[/quote]

I understand that and agree. I was just trying to make the point that I didn't think the Broncos "established the run so well" in this game as stated considering the Steelers were stacking the box in order to stop them from running the ball since they were the #1 rushing offense in the league during the regular season.

GMScud 01-10-2012 04:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk;874547]Agreed, this one falls on Denver's D.[/quote]

For sure. Denver looked pretty good against them early in the game when they first played. Then Denver's defense decided to stay on the field the entire second quarter and the game got away from them.

Even though NE hasn't been that great in the playoffs in recent years, it's gonna be really tough for the Broncos to go into Foxborough and win. As much as I'd love to see the Tebow stuff continue, I don't see it happening this weekend. I hope I'm wrong!

sportscurmudgeon 01-10-2012 04:31 PM

[quote=Hog1;874514]Even if he can get it done against NE....
After last night, let's see what he can do against that Alabama D.[/quote]

AMEN to that! There were probably a half-dozen guys on the Alabama defense who will be playing on Sundays very soon.

CultBrennan59 01-10-2012 05:04 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;874545]This doesn't matter. New England is 31st in defense. They can't stop anyone. Hatters are going to say, "Tebow didn't do anything because the NE defense sucks. I'll only believe in him if he beats Team X in the conference championship."[/quote]

I know, NE's defense is playing awful this year, but they stopped him last time with the same guys is what else I'm trying to say. NE would be huge. But like people said, it's his defense that is key. NE forced 17 points of turnovers from Denvers offense, most of them off of Tebow, NE is the win Tebow needs not just from the non-believers, but for Elway as well. Keep in mind Elway is still reportedly trying to draft a QB. I'm done talking about Tebow. I hear his frickin' name every frickin' hour of the day where ever I am. As much as I hate NE, and Love Tebow from his college days, I also wish we can stop hearing about him everyday on ESPN. I wish we can fix his bi-polar play and he can make up his mind as to if he's a good qb or a bad one. One week he plays great, the next week he plays awful, the next good, you see the pattern.