Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64846)

FrenchSkin 06-22-2021 09:19 AM

Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1285221][B]I think Allen was the preferred backup for Smith due to playing style. [/B] Heinicke and Fitz seem cut from the same cloth, though Fitz got triple portion in the beard department.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Good point.
But the fact we traded for him and Ron praised him several times (saying he could have had the same results if Kyle had stayed healthy etc...) had me thinking there was some sort of coach love there.
Maybe I'm just too used to seeing Jay having "his guys".

MTK 06-22-2021 09:53 AM

I did find it odd how he didn't even mention Kyle, but I'm guessing in his head he's narrowed it down to Fitz and TH because you can't have a 3 way competition. It's tough enough to get 2 guys meaningful work let alone 3 in camp. Plus coming off an injury that put Allen behind from the jump. I don't think Ron is as attached to Allen as we thought last year.

FrenchSkin 06-22-2021 07:07 PM

[quote=MTK;1285225]I did find it odd how he didn't even mention Kyle, but I'm guessing in his head he's narrowed it down to Fitz and TH because you can't have a 3 way competition. It's tough enough to get 2 guys meaningful work let alone 3 in camp. Plus coming off an injury that put Allen behind from the jump. I[B] don't think Ron is as attached to Allen as we thought last year.[/B][/quote]

Yeah, I think it's a great sign that Ron is not Jay in any way shape or form.
A lot of people were complaining/joking about us becoming the Washington Panthers, but he's proving us that he doesn't let past connections/relationships alter his coach judgement (Thomas Davis, Allen etc...).

SunnySide 06-23-2021 12:15 PM

Instead of a two-week stay, Washington will be here for only one week, from Tuesday, July 27, to Saturday, July 31, before returning to Ashburn to prepare for its preseason games.

Also, the city will not be asked to make a $500,000 contribution to the team for its appearance. Instead, the team will rent out the Leigh Street facility for the week at a cost of $100,000.

The five open practices will culminate with a special workout on July 31, as all NFL teams will participate in a nationwide day celebrating the return of football.

Training camp in Richmond dates:

July 27-31

The 31st, a Saturday, will be fan appreciation day and part of a special national celebration of football the NFL is putting onhttps://t.co/GOcbjSs2U5
— michael phillips (@michaelpRTD) June 4, 2021

Also per CBA:

Days 2-3 (July 28-29 for WFT) -- helmets/jerseys are allowed, like in OTAs.

Days 4-5 (July 30-31) — shells.

Day 6 (Aug. 1) - off day. WFT will leave Richmond this day.

Day 7 can be first fully padded practice with two-a-days.
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) June 4, 2021

WashingtonFootball Team 2021 Preseason Schedule

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1WjrlhXEAIMAR7?format=jpg&name=small[/IMG]

Monkeydad 06-24-2021 10:47 AM

Do we have any idea which preseason game will be the old "3rd game" dress rehearsal where starters play the entire game? Could be the 2nd or the 3rd...or none.

CRedskinsRule 07-14-2021 10:19 AM

The only 2 moves this whole offseason that seems completely out of character is the Brandon Scherff tag and not announcing an extension for J. Allen I just saw a report that he will likely play on the tag. I wonder what it will take for this FO to sign their own top star to extensions. Both Scherff and Allen seem like deals that could have, and should have been done by now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GridIron26 07-14-2021 10:27 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1285868]The only 2 moves this whole offseason that seems completely out of character is the Brandon Scherff tag and not announcing an extension for J. Allen I just saw a report that he will likely play on the tag. I wonder what it will take for this FO to sign their own top star to extensions. Both Scherff and Allen seem like deals that could have, and should have been done by now.

The FO and Allen's agent are discussing extension, and based on what Allen said, the negotiation is going well.

Scherff's situation is opposite, it seems like Scherff simply wants to go to a different team.

MTK 07-14-2021 10:46 AM

BS is as good as gone. He'll be 30 in December, maybe it's for the best.

skinsfaninok 07-14-2021 10:48 AM

Yeah I'm over spending huge paydays on Lineman after what happened with Trent

CRedskinsRule 07-14-2021 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1285878]BS is as good as gone. He'll be 30 in December, maybe it's for the best.[/QUOTE]That's a good point about his age. 30 for a guard with injuries is asking for a decline in results. Also Rivera has said one big thing he learned in Carolina was how quickly his team aged.

CRedskinsRule 07-14-2021 11:05 AM

The offseason thread is broken in tapatalk so selfishly I am reposting Skinsfaninok's link here to try to keep this one on the top

[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/michael-silver-washington-football-trusting-ron-rivera[/url]

GridIron26 07-14-2021 11:09 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1285881]The offseason thread is broken in tapatalk so selfishly I am reposting Skinsfaninok's link here to try to keep this one on the top

[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/michael-silver-washington-football-trusting-ron-rivera[/url]

I'm experiencing the same issue in the app, I wonder if it's due to too many pages in one thread?

CRedskinsRule 07-14-2021 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=GridIron26;1285882]I'm experiencing the same issue in the app, I wonder if it's due to too many pages in one thread?[/QUOTE]No, it happened once the poster who was an idiot got banned and his posts deleted. At that point tapatalk has an issue resolving the endpoint properly.

MTK 07-14-2021 11:41 AM

Sometimes if you keep refreshing in tapatalk eventually it works

MTK 07-14-2021 11:56 AM

[QUOTE]@JPFinlayNBCS
No surprise Washington & Scherff couldn’t get deal done. Look at this way, from when he was drafted, he will end up at 7 years for $66 million. Good value for both sides. And more and more NFL teams are looking at 1st-round picks through that lens (5th yr option & tags)[/QUOTE]

Just piggybacking on JP's take which is a good one, we'll basically have had BS for his 7 most productive years as an NFL player. And typically when a guy hits 30 durability concerns are only going to become more of an issue. I'm ok with letting him walk.