Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Falcons postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64884)

skinsfaninok 10-03-2021 04:34 PM

Falcons postgame

How about #4??? Huge props to him.

2 game winning drives in 3 starts? Maybe he's a legit

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 04:36 PM

Re: Falcons postgame

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1293677]How about #4??? Huge props to him.

2 game winning drives in 3 starts? Maybe he's a legit[/QUOTE]The biggest thing about Heinicke is that he is the opposite of a game manager. He needs the energy of pressure and game moments to excel.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chico23231 10-03-2021 04:40 PM

Heineken drinks on me

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1293680]Heineken drinks on me[/QUOTE]Gotta be Bud Light!

skinsfaninok 10-03-2021 04:41 PM

[quote=credskinsrule;1293678]the biggest thing about heinicke is that he is the opposite of a game manager. He needs the energy of pressure and game moments to excel.

Sent from my sm-g973u using tapatalk[/quote]

agree, he's very good in those moments

OnceWeWereKings 10-03-2021 04:43 PM

I love the w...but man

Doesn't really change my opinion on the team as a whole. Offense showed resilience, but our d is pretty terrible, and hopkins absolutely needs to be replaced.
Terry Mc, Carter, mckissic and Heineken get the game balls for the day. What a frustrating win this was.
Didn't like seeing all the injuries, either.

Chico23231 10-03-2021 04:44 PM

Holy fuck that last drive was fucking awesome

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 04:49 PM

My bad to Chase on calling him a dumbfuck on that personal foul. While I don't understand the form or thought process, that was not a penalty and should have been his 1st sack. My apologies.

I think we caught a break when they picked up the flag against McTyer. Since we won, I'll call that a wash.

Our 3rd down defense is an absolute embarrassment. It can be long, short, or in between, doesn't seem to matter.

WTF is JDR calling plays where a safety is covering a RB 1 on 1 from 10 yards back? That was one of several head scratches. The players aren't getting it done, but JDR is setting them up for failure time and time again.

The run game was solid today. Gibson is a stud.

Overall, the OL did a damn good job today. Good work men.

McKissic is the golden signing for this team. Need to extend him thru next year.

Terry, I love you! Such a stud.

Heinicke, you got moxy my man. I don't think you're the future, but you fight your fucking ass off. Mad respect yo!!

We won!!! Winning ugly is better than losing sexy!

Still only 1 game behind Dallas Fuckboys!

SunnySide 10-03-2021 04:51 PM

Scratch out a win vs a bottom 10 team.

I’ll take it. Just have to tread water until Fitz can come back and figure some things out on D.

skinsfaninok 10-03-2021 04:53 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1293687]Scratch out a win vs a bottom 10 team.

I’ll take it. Just have to tread water until Fitz can come back and figure some things out on D.[/quote]

I don't think Fits is better than TH, He's been a career backup for a reason. Let the young guy play. The Saints game is def winnable now too. They are very inconsistent

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 04:54 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1293687][B]Scratch out a win vs a bottom 10 team.

I’ll take it.[/B] Just have to tread water until Fitz can come back and figure some things out on D.[/quote]

Yeah, we're just not good enough across the board to blow teams out. Every win is looking like a dog fight.

SunnySide 10-03-2021 04:55 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1293688]I don't think Fits is better than TH, He's been a career backup for a reason. Let the young guy play. The Saints game is def winnable now too. They are very inconsistent[/quote]

He doesn’t get the ball out on time as the plays are intended.

He’s a gamer … but he is slow to read and throw.

This backyard football can eek out a win vs a bad falcons team but won’t win vs 75% of the defenses out there.

This is not an NFL offense. It’s duck tape, luck and broken plays.

Meks 10-03-2021 04:58 PM

Hes still learning the game IMO... he's gonna have hiccups .. May as well say he's a rookie.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 04:59 PM

DeAndre Carter!!! Have yourself a ballgame.

Returns a kickoff for TD and gets his 1st NFL reception in a huge spot.

Party like a Rockstar tonight.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 05:00 PM

JamF we need another GIF from you!!

skinsfaninok 10-03-2021 05:01 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1293690]He doesn’t get the ball out on time as the plays are intended.

This backyard football can eek out a win vs a bad falcons team but won’t win vs 75% of the defenses out there.

This is not an NFL offense. It’s duck tape, luck and broken plays.[/quote]

It;s not pretty but we have scored 30 plus in 2 of 4 games so far.. That didn't happen the last 2 years

JackLord 10-03-2021 05:05 PM

A helluva win.

HTTR!

htownskinfan 10-03-2021 05:05 PM

Game not televised here,and was helping daughter paint her house anyway,but got home in time To start watching red zone channel in the third quarter,shit by the time the end came my heart was beating out of my chest waiting on outcome! Out of highlights I saw Heiney had some good throws and some lucky throws,and as much as I like him his arm just seems like a wet noodle sometimes.Of course defense sucked but they did Have Atlanta go three and out when they needed it,I won’t say anything about Chase because I already brought it up on his thread.I see Thomas scored me zero points in fantasy,Help his injuries not too bad but I’m sure he will be on injured reserve that is our luck.
Good win but damn it pains me so much to say it but cowboys are far and away the best team in division.Their pass rush it’s so much better than ours and they are missing three people on defense.I will be surprised if we don’t end the season in last place

punch it in 10-03-2021 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=OnceWeWereKings;1293683]I love the w...but man

Doesn't really change my opinion on the team as a whole. Offense showed resilience, but our d is pretty terrible, and hopkins absolutely needs to be replaced.
Terry Mc, Carter, mckissic and Heineken get the game balls for the day. What a frustrating win this was.
Didn't like seeing all the injuries, either.[/QUOTE]

This.

McLaurin is so damn good. McKissic needs to get the ball more too. Dude is a play maker. Heineken is impossible to figure out. He misses such easy throws and makes absolutely impossible ones. This is based on a few look ins on red zone, but I think it probably held true today.

Hopkins and Del Rio need to get gone asap.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 05:06 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1293694]It;s not pretty but we have scored 30 plus in 2 of 4 games so far.. That didn't happen the last 2 years[/quote]

His Moxy/Effort/Fight is way higher than his actual talent level. I think he has a limited ceiling.

I'm torn, but I think Fitz should start when he comes back.

But this is week to week, depending on what our record is, how TH looks, etc. Basically no true decision can be made yet.

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=SunnySide;1293690]He doesn’t get the ball out on time as the plays are intended.

This is not an NFL offense. It’s duck tape, luck and broken plays.[/QUOTE]He isn't a true franchise qb, but he makes the offense click better than any other qb we have seen take a snap. The question is really whether after more games he gets better at getting the ball out. He has only started a handful of games. That gives him more tape to study and apply. Whether he can or not, we will see. He seems to know he can not make every throw, but pushes it pretty close to the edge.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 05:08 PM

[quote=punch it in;1293697]This.

McLaurin is so damn good. McKissic needs to get the ball more too. Dude is a play maker. Heineken is impossible to figure out. He misses such easy throws and makes absolutely impossible ones. This is based on a few look ins on red zone, but I think it probably held true today.

Hopkins and Del Rio need to get gone asap.[/quote]

Hopkins should already be cut. Go change and get the hell out of here.

sevier2 10-03-2021 05:10 PM

I thought Samuel looked good coming off IR. I didn’t expect much from him but he had a couple big conversions on 3rd downs and should get more snaps moving forward.

nonniey 10-03-2021 05:10 PM

Jeez the officiating was terrible in this game. They essentially gave the Falcons 21 points and I'm sure the Falcon fans aren't happy either as it looks like the officials were providing make-up calls that saved us.

As for our team defense it would have looked a little better (not much) if the officiating hadn't made bad calls that kept the 3 Falcons TD drives going. But damn they can't do squat on 3d down.

Who would have thought the Redskins would be relying on the offense to win games?

Chico23231 10-03-2021 05:12 PM

[quote=sevier2;1293701]I thought Samuel looked good coming off IR. I didn’t expect much from him but he had a couple big conversions on 3rd downs and should get more snaps moving forward.[/quote]

Me too. He’s not 100%, but his presence and ability to have multiple first down catches is much needed help. We went a couple games with zero productions at the 2nd outside WR.

htownskinfan 10-03-2021 05:15 PM

Yeah I forgot to bring up Hopkins,Thank God it didn’t come down to him kicking to win the game! Since these coaches can’t seem to get their head out of their ass I’m sure they will stick with him and not even bring anybody into compete

punch it in 10-03-2021 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan;1293704]Yeah I forgot to bring up Hopkins,Thank God it didn’t come down to him kicking to win the game! Since these coaches can’t seem to get their head out of their ass I’m sure they will stick with him and not even bring anybody into compete[/QUOTE]

There is no way there isn’t a guy somewhere who can be better than him. No way. Talk about a fuckin liability. He is high risk low reward. It isn’t like he is inaccurate but has a cannon. He is inaccurate and has a relatively weak leg.

calia 10-03-2021 06:22 PM

I see we had 6 penalties for 85 yards. Geez that’s a bad ratio. The replay on Chase’s penalty is unreal - the league should be shamed of itself for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punch it in 10-03-2021 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=calia;1293716]I see we had 6 penalties for 85 yards. Geez that’s a bad ratio. The replay on Chase’s penalty is unreal - the league should be shamed of itself for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

To me it looks like he gets a forearm up in the neck face area and it looks like he sort of throws it up that way. It wasn’t necessary at all. I do not think the call was nearly as egregious as everyone else on here does. Maybe I gotta watch it again but got a couple pretty good looks on red zone.

Our D needs to have a players only meeting. Our offense is somehow, im honestly not sure how, scoring enough to win. Chase needs to go full animal starting this week and leave it all on the field. He has to be getting annoyed.

skinsfan69 10-03-2021 06:40 PM

ATL is really bad. Like that is a really bad defense. Worse than ours. But a win is a win, especially on the road. That POS call against Chase could have cost us the game. Luckily we were playing the Falcons.

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 06:47 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1293723]ATL is really bad. Like that is a really bad defense. Worse than ours. But a win is a win, especially on the road. That POS call against Chase could have cost us the game. Luckily we were playing the Falcons.[/quote]

This is why I don't understand why they played their last possession, before we took the lead, so conservatively. Their offense was kicking our defenses ass all game and their defense wasn't really stopping us at all. Why would they neuter their offense that was dominating, to trust their defense, that was not? Coaches just love playing it safe even if the whole game says otherwise.

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=punch it in;1293721]To me it looks like he gets a forearm up in the neck face area and it looks like he sort of throws it up that way. It wasn’t necessary at all. I do not think the call was nearly as egregious as everyone else on here does. Maybe I gotta watch it again but got a couple pretty good looks on red zone.

Our D needs to have a players only meeting. Our offense is somehow, im honestly not sure how, scoring enough to win. Chase needs to go full animal starting this week and leave it all on the field. He has to be getting annoyed.[/QUOTE]I think the refs saw Ryan's head kick up and called it. Was a bad call, but even a worse choice by Chase. He could have wrapped Ryan up rather than the forearm, or he could have used open palms and pushed Ryan out/down. Either way he set himself up for the penalty with the elbow placement.

jamf 10-03-2021 06:52 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1293693]JamFwe need another GIF from you!![/quote]
It’s ugly but it’s a win.
We take what we can get.

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsYEvC98kRcLMvm/source.gif[/IMG]

Meks 10-03-2021 06:52 PM

Win is a win but I'm over JDR and Turner. Unfortunately though it also starts at the top with Ron. I'm mainly over the fucking play calling and scheme on both sides of the ball

Meks 10-03-2021 06:53 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1293725]I think the refs saw Ryan's head kick up and called it. Was a bad call, but even a worse choice by Chase. He could have wrapped Ryan up rather than the forearm, or he could have used open palms and pushed Ryan out/down. Either way he set himself up for the penalty with the elbow placement.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Honestly, and i said this live, I'm really not sure what he was even trying to do or thinking here.

Chico23231 10-03-2021 06:55 PM

Sign me up for 2-2 right now with both wins NFC and both losses AFC

EdmundDorf 10-03-2021 07:08 PM

[quote=punch it in;1293721]To me it looks like he gets a forearm up in the neck face area and it looks like he sort of throws it up that way. It wasn’t necessary at all. I do not think the call was nearly as egregious as everyone else on here does. Maybe I gotta watch it again but got a couple pretty good looks on red zone.

Our D needs to have a players only meeting. Our offense is somehow, im honestly not sure how, scoring enough to win. Chase needs to go full animal starting this week and leave it all on the field. He has to be getting annoyed.[/quote]

I agree, I wish he had actually gone for the arm/ball maybe have caused a fumble and who know what, there was no one between Ryan and their end zone

sdskinsfan2001 10-03-2021 07:10 PM

McKissic is one of the most unknown really good football players in the NFL. He is an absolute stud for us. Give that man an extension.

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=EdmundDorf;1293730]I agree, I wish he had actually gone for the arm/ball maybe have caused a fumble and who know what, there was no one between Ryan and their end zone[/QUOTE]This is why it seems like CY just isn't in the same mental space as last year. I think he would have had that strip fumble last year.

CRedskinsRule 10-03-2021 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1293731]McKissic is one of the most unknown really good football players in the NFL. He is an absolute stud for us. Give that man an extension.[/QUOTE]We owe both wins to a big play from him.