Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40895)

JoeRedskin 01-06-2011 07:09 PM

Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

[quote=Stacks42;775830][B]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again[/B].....
who drinks orange juice at a club?[/quote]

ROFL!! Nice!

Beemnseven 01-06-2011 07:15 PM

[quote=Stacks42;775830]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
[B]who drinks orange juice at a club?[/B] [/quote]

I will if it has vodka in it.

Stacks42 01-06-2011 07:29 PM

it was in a plastic bottle..

skinsfaninok 01-06-2011 07:41 PM

I wonder if anyone was on that DRANK? Lmao

mooby 01-06-2011 07:52 PM

[quote=skinsnut;775813]Mooby,
I understand your point...but the NFL actually provides training to teach these guys to stay out of trouble by staying out of bad situations....it seems to me that the majority of problems sports players get into is because they have put themselves in high risk situation..such as bars, hanging out with friends with a bad history, carrying weapons, going on party boats, etc.
Just because you are a professional athlete does not mean you should be a moron....in fact you need to be far more restrictive with where and with whom you hang out with....I know this is a sore subject but even Sean Taylor was a victim on who he chose to hang with...so did Vick, etc.
If it weren't such a problem....why would the NFL spend so much money and time trying to drum in players heads to stay out of places with trouble written all over them.

I have kids....I don't take them to NFL games...why?....because I don't want them exposed to the language and drunkeness.

Professional atheletes can not be suprised that they get accused at bars for assault, drunkeness, sexual harrassment, dui's...etc.
These guys have bullseyes on their backs and they are more at risk at a bar than they are on the field. They will be targetted by drunks taking dares and women looking for money/bragging rights.
These guys are crazy for hanging out with the general public that has a mix of people that are drunk or on drugs...It is hard enough for these guys to go to Walmart without incident.

[B]Ask yourself this...is it really that important to risk your career just to drink beers with a bunch of strangers?[/B]

The average career for an NFL player is what....5 years or so?
Can't they chill for that long?

Funny...I don't hear of Peyton Manning getting into trouble for this....it's probably because he listed to his dad.

I know what I am saying is unrealistic...but this is classic where not to go and what not to do taught in NFL 101.

Maybe Fred will take this as a learning experience if he is smart.
We should all mail him a box of wine to enjoy at home[/quote]

I'd answer that question but unfortunately I'm not a professional athlete with millions of dollars looking for a good time. FD knew what he was getting himself into. All athletes know what they are getting themselves into, you just seem to be forgetting these guys are human. They buy houses, cars, marry, and have kids just like we do. They also go to clubs to have a good time, just like we do.

Just like the law frowns on murdering other people, the NFL frowns on players putting themselves in dangerous situations. But just because murder is frowned upon, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it also doesn't mean NFL players won't go to clubs just because The Rog doesn't want them to. I know those are two extremely different examples, but the point remains the same.

tryfuhl 01-06-2011 09:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;775823]Yeah I thought that was weird

But as far as him being at the club in the first place, hundreds of pro athletes throughout the country were out last night and most had no incident. So it's not as big a deal as it's made out to be[/quote]Especially in the offseason, not that he hides from clubs during the regular season.

tryfuhl 01-06-2011 09:42 PM

[quote=Stacks42;775830]Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?[/quote]

People who take ecstacy

shitstorm, commence..

Nomad 01-07-2011 12:14 AM

Who cares......... community service.... move on

SirClintonPortis 01-07-2011 12:21 AM

Accused, but certainly won't be convicted because Davis didn't start it and his "retaliation" was hardly a retaliation.

Hell, Brandon Marshall was worse, stayed a starter, and was homesick for Shanahan once Mccrapniels took over.

rbanerjee23 01-07-2011 12:35 AM

Man, this franchise has so many issues. I hope that the players are smart and don't bring any extra problems over the off-season

jamf 01-07-2011 02:24 AM

I like comment #9
[QUOTE]Maybe his punishment should be playing for the Redkins next season!!![/QUOTE]

skins89moss 01-07-2011 04:57 AM

[quote=skinsnut;775764]Maybe going to clubs explains why he slept through practice as a rookie!
This guy needs to stay out of trouble...hopefully, this issue will be a wake up call for him to be far more careful[/quote]

Come on dude that sleeping through practice his rookie year is so freaking old. If thats all you got on him then why keep bringing that up? Is not like he was funding a dog fighting ring or something.

skins89moss 01-07-2011 05:17 AM

People can file a police report and accuse anyone for some type of crime but they need more than just a statement to get a conviction. Fred Davis should be thankful that a camera recorded the incident and it showed what exactley he said happend. Maybe he will learn that its just better to not to retiliate because he has alot more to lose then this dumbass chick who had a major attitude. He has to remember that people will recognize him and try to bate him into some type of altercation just to get him to respond negative, just like he did with throwing the drink on her. Lets hope this is a learning experence for Mr. Davis and this time he will not be charge with a crime.

KLHJ2 01-07-2011 06:10 AM

Sometimes I wonder if those who post what athletes should and shouldn't do enforce such strict standards on themselves.

Wait, I know the answer "no they don't" because they are always throwing out that cop out line "if I were a millionaire and pro athelete". Translation: "I'm not rich or an athlete so I go to bars and live it up all I want but they better not do it'.

And who connects the dots between 2 incidents that are 3 years apart? "He woke up for practice late when he was a rookie so he must have been living it up in a bar because that's what he was doing last night when he retialiated against some drunk ghetto woman". Those are 2 totally unrelated instances. You are assuming that he overslept because he was hungover. Second, there is no evidence that he had been excessively drinking in the club either. Throwing a drink doesn't count because these guys retaliate over lesser things on the field.

They should stay out of bars for 5 years? When was the last time you were in a club or bar? I bet it has been less than 5 years. Oh wait that's right, you're a rich, pro athlete, millionaire, saint.

I am glad that the surveilance prooved his innocence.

Anywho I hope that he lives life, drinks it up, and gets into all the minor mischief he wants right now because it is the offseason and he is human. I would much rather have it happen now than durring the season.

skinsfan69 01-07-2011 08:43 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;775807]looks like a pretty swanky place:

[URL="http://www.josephinedc.com/"]Josephine | 1008 Vermont Ave NW[/URL][/quote]

I've been to Josephine but got the hell outta there around the time all the kiddes were coming in. Typical club scene type of place. They let too many people in which in turn means you can't move and the drinks are over priced. But the bartenders look like models. To me this is really a non story. I'm sure this dumb low rent women is going to try and sue Davis. If you go to a club expect to get bumped into.