Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64297)

mooby 12-31-2018 04:26 PM

Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

I think we should keep separate threads for the coaching staff/FO and the players to make it easier for discussion.

Starting with this:

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25655400/josh-norman-says-retire-one-super-bowl-win[/url]

Josh Norman is one ring away from retiring from football. I'm surprised to hear that considering football is all he knows, and his unquestioned commitment to gameday prep.

[quote]
"When that happens, you can kiss my ass goodbye. I'm out," Norman said. [B]"I've got so many things going on outside of this[/B]. It's almost like a steppingstone, to be honest. I'll be bigger outside of this than I will be inside of it. Believe that."
[/quote]

Oh really? I'd hate for his teammates to get the wrong impression.

[quote]
The question is, where will Norman have the chance to win a Super Bowl in 2019? He carries a $14.5 million salary-cap hit in 2019 and [B]would save Washington $11.5 million in space if released after June 1[/B]. The Redskins have approximately $25 million in cap space for next season, so they need to create room.
[/quote]

Wow, what a team friendly deal. Definitely doesn't seem like a candidate for being cut now. :rolleyes:

I feel like there's a joke in here somewhere about how he couldn't be further from a ring if he tried, but he ain't worth the effort.

MTK 12-31-2018 04:28 PM

Re: Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Thing is we get rid of Norman then what? Dunbar's health is up in the air, Moreau needs to take a big step forward, and we have a bunch of jags beyond that.

mooby 12-31-2018 04:31 PM

[quote=MTK;1215656]Thing is we get rid of Norman then what? Dunbar's health is up in the air, Moreau needs to take a big step forward, and we have a bunch of jags beyond that.[/quote]

That really seems to be the only thing playing in J.No's favor. A lack of quality replacements at an affordable price and Dunbar's nerve injury put us in a precarious position. But I could definitely see us moving on from J.No if they found a suitable replacement first.

Chico23231 12-31-2018 04:41 PM

[quote=MTK;1215656]Thing is we get rid of Norman then what? Dunbar's health is up in the air, Moreau needs to take a big step forward, and we have a bunch of jags beyond that.[/quote]

Agree...I do think he the contract and cap number makes him a candidate to have a base salary restructuring. I think we can use a post June cut as enough leverage.

I like Norman toughness and he one guy you can count on to be healthy. I read somewhere that Swearinger kinda ruffled Norman feathers around the locker room.

Irrefutable 12-31-2018 05:02 PM

Trade Norman, if HaHa is worth a 4th with an expiring contract, then Norman should be worth a 2nd or 3rd.

skinsfan69 12-31-2018 06:17 PM

Sadly we need Norman. Sounds like he's mentally checked out. Another bad FA signing but we're stuck with him for another year. Plus Moreau sucks and Dunbar can't stay healthy. Our secondary is a mess.

BaltimoreSkins 12-31-2018 07:22 PM

To me you let Norman go. This team needs a rebuild and cap space. I will gladly take a 2-14 season if I know there is a plan.

DYoungJelly 12-31-2018 07:36 PM

Norman gets beat in coverage more than a dude making his money should.

But he is a savage as a CB against the run and is max effort.

I know he didn't live up to the contract, but before we let him walk out the door, think about what we would be losing in the secondary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigHairedAristocrat 12-31-2018 07:46 PM

Unless we think we’re a Super Bowl contender next year, there is no reason to keep an overpriced veterans like Norman around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHairedAristocrat 12-31-2018 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;1215698]Unless we think we’re a Super Bowl contender next year, there is no reason to keep an overpriced veterans like Norman around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

DYoungJelly 12-31-2018 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;1215698]Unless we think we’re a Super Bowl contender next year, there is no reason to keep an overpriced veterans like Norman around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]He is an over priced vet who plays hard all the time.

Who would you sign after you cut him?

What player without a flaw would come here unless we over paid by 15 to 20 percent?

Because I can go down the laundry list of FA busts over the last few years.

He is over priced but he is the best CB on the roster and it isn't even close.

Who are your 3 CBs week 1 next year?

Cutting him now only saves 8.5 on the cap btw:

[url]https://overthecap.com/player/josh-norman/1177/[/url]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 12-31-2018 08:21 PM

Yeah Norman is way down the list of issues. He's staying. Can't really handle any more deadcap money anyways. We won't be able to sign anyone better.

My biggest needs: QB, FS, SS, CB2, LG.

If Dunbar is 100% cleared by the draft, I'd remove that and add WR.

skinsfaninok 12-31-2018 10:45 PM

If Bruce is back I'm not watching

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BigHairedAristocrat 01-01-2019 01:23 AM

Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1215702]He is an over priced vet who plays hard all the time.

Who would you sign after you cut him?

What player without a flaw would come here unless we over paid by 15 to 20 percent?

Because I can go down the laundry list of FA busts over the last few years.

He is over priced but he is the best CB on the roster and it isn't even close.

Who are your 3 CBs week 1 next year?

Cutting him now only saves 8.5 on the cap btw:

[url]https://overthecap.com/player/josh-norman/1177/[/url]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I don’t care who our CBs are next year. We’re not going to win. I’m concerned about 2020-2021

NC_Skins 01-01-2019 01:29 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1215706]If Bruce is back I'm not watching

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Pretty much where I'm at. I'll be very disinterested in the season and probably will watch if nothing else to do, but won't deter other plans. People need to stop feeding Snyder and rewarding shitty behavior.