Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins interested in Antonio Brown? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64336)

MTK 03-02-2019 08:35 AM

Redskins interested in Antonio Brown?

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/report-shows-redskins-among-teams-hunt-antonio-brown"]Report shows Redskins among teams in the hunt for Antonio Brown[/URL]

DynamiteRave 03-02-2019 08:36 AM

Re: Redskins interested in Antonio Brown?

That’d be a nice big splashy signing. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone to consistently throw to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5superbowls3wins 03-02-2019 08:37 AM

Really hope this is fake. Last thing we need is a 31 year old overpriced WR when we don’t even have a proven QB. Typical of this organization though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTK 03-02-2019 08:50 AM

Just listened to Andrew Brandt on this topic, he said if 3 teams are so called "interested" it really means 1 or 2 of those teams are just kicking the tires and aren't serious.

I think the Raiders make a lot more sense than the Skins do.

Skinsfanatic 03-02-2019 08:55 AM

IF you could trade away our first round pick for two seconds and flip those seconds for Josh Rosen and Antonio Brown, would you do it?

Schneed10 03-02-2019 08:57 AM

I hope big brother gets the best of little brother here. It’s no secret we need a WR and having one would make any QB, McCoy or anybody look better. But with our cap situation and holes at several spots we shouldn’t give up a first or second rounder, that’s your affordable talent that has the potential to bail you out of tight cap spots.

I think the Raiders have far more draft capital to make a trade happen, I hope if we’re actually interested that Jon puts Jay in a headlock and makes him say uncle.

I’m hopeful this is a smokescreen - Jay did tak about a desire to see a big body type at WR. My mind went to DK Metcalf, I think good chance Jay’s smitten with that dude.

mredskins 03-02-2019 09:03 AM

I think you need a qb before you get a AB.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/3/1/18243490/josh-rosen-trade-rumors-cardinals-nfl-teams-interest[/url]

Kind of useless article but always makes me laugh when the media refuses to say Redskins.

skinsfaninok 03-02-2019 09:05 AM

AB is going out to the west coast, he wants to play there not in DC

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Schneed10 03-02-2019 09:23 AM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1219250]IF you could trade away our first round pick for two seconds and flip those seconds for Josh Rosen and Antonio Brown, would you do it?[/quote]

If Kate Upton got divorced and wanted to sleep with you, would you do it?

Because I mean if we’re going to invent ridiculous hypotheticals let’s at least make them entertaining.

Skinsfanatic 03-02-2019 09:26 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1219257]If Kate Upton got divorced and wanted to sleep with you, would you do it?[/quote]

It depends, what would the salary cap implications be?

Chico23231 03-02-2019 09:38 AM

Complete stupidity. He’s gonna demand a new deal, he’s a terrible personality in the locker room, and we would give up picks. Oh by the way we have no QB

Utter stupidity and a complete lack of foresight yet again by the folks running the organization

Schneed10 03-02-2019 10:58 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1219259]Complete stupidity. He’s gonna demand a new deal, he’s a terrible personality in the locker room, and we would give up picks. Oh by the way we have no QB

Utter stupidity and a complete lack of foresight yet again by the folks running the organization[/quote]

Only if they do it.

MTK 03-02-2019 10:59 AM

I'd be willing to bet wherever he goes he'll be a saint for the first couple of years, and a man on a mission to show up the Steelers.

OmahaRedskins 03-02-2019 11:18 AM

This rumor was started by Peter King. He floated it a few weeks ago. He said some desperate team would make the move and who is more desperate than the redskins.

It is not going to happen. We do not have the cap space or a QB to throw him the ball.

Skinsfanatic 03-02-2019 11:28 AM

[quote=OmahaRedskins;1219263]This rumor was started by Peter King. He floated it a few weeks ago. He said some desperate team would make the move and who is more desperate than the redskins.

It is not going to happen. We do not have the cap space or a QB to throw him the ball.[/quote]

Josh Norman, Zach Brown, Jordan Reed for Antonio Brown and Mason Rudolph.

...and something about Kate Upton.

I know these are unreasonable suggestions, but it's like -2 degrees outside today, -20 with the windchill, so I am bored.