Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   All things NFL Offseason 2019. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64323)

Chico23231 05-02-2019 09:06 AM

Re: All things NFL Offseason 2019.

The biggest battles this coming preseason will be at WR and Secondary....We actually have a lot of bodies at both.

For the Secondary, I hope we move Fab Monreau out of the Nickel. Let DRC, Rookie, Stroman, and Danny Johnson battle it out there. Dunny, Alexander, Monreau and Norman should compete at Boundry Corner. A lot of eyes are on Alexander from what Im hearing...they really like him.

Im really really hoping Gruden doesn't pencil in "his guy" Trey Quinn as the starter in the slot, he hasn't show enough. A guy like Harmon who is big and physical and needs that off coverage for separation should get a shot...he could be a match up problem for typically under sized slot corners. Ive said this before, but Doctson may flourish in a slot role as opposed to his outside status. If he shows the same ole issue at the start of camp, then move him inside and put the Rook from OSU out at his spot. We need to shake it up at WR, what Gruden and staff have done there clearly has NOT worked.

Schneed10 05-02-2019 09:24 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1223217]The biggest battles this coming preseason will be at WR and Secondary....We actually have a lot of bodies at both.

For the Secondary, I hope we move Fab Monreau out of the Nickel. Let DRC, Rookie, Stroman, and Danny Johnson battle it out there. Dunny, Alexander, Monreau and Norman should compete at Boundry Corner. A lot of eyes are on Alexander from what Im hearing...they really like him.

Im really really hoping Gruden doesn't pencil in "his guy" Trey Quinn as the starter in the slot, he hasn't show enough. A guy like Harmon who is big and physical and needs that off coverage for separation should get a shot...he could be a match up problem for typically under sized slot corners. Ive said this before, but Doctson may flourish in a slot role as opposed to his outside status. If he shows the same ole issue at the start of camp, then move him inside and put the Rook from OSU out at his spot. We need to shake it up at WR, what Gruden and staff have done there clearly has NOT worked.[/quote]

It's like we're not watching the same offense. Slot needs to be a twitchy position, can't be a guy without quicks. They need to shake free with quick breaks in routes and be a threat to run after the catch to take advantage of the space available in the middle of the field. Quinn is the natural choice. McLaurin might work in there some - he brings a blocking presence.

Harmon definitely belongs outside.

On the slot corner, I wouldn't pigeon-hole anybody yet. Let them come to camp and show what they can do.

Chico23231 05-02-2019 09:46 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1223220]It's like we're not watching the same offense. Slot needs to be a twitchy position, can't be a guy without quicks. They need to shake free with quick breaks in routes and be a threat to run after the catch to take advantage of the space available in the middle of the field. Quinn is the natural choice. McLaurin might work in there some - he brings a blocking presence.

Harmon definitely belongs outside.

On the slot corner, I wouldn't pigeon-hole anybody yet. Let them come to camp and show what they can do.[/quote]

yeah, I know its not typical for a slot...but a lot of Harmon comparisons are Sanu in Atllanta.

Here's a good article about Sanu's use:

[url]https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/mohamed-sanu-is-not-a-typical-slot-receiver-he-s-another-cheat-code-for-the-falc[/url]

I could see that here....but regardless, I hope we shake it up at receiver and are more creative...I think we could get more out of our guys with scheme. And if Trey Quinn comes in and owns the slot...then that would be great as well.

skinsfaninok 05-02-2019 12:49 PM

[url]https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/lavar-arrington-redskins-letter-to-my-younger-self?fbclid=IwAR0LM9fJr-5BfDBJv6VypTfrpRfnvgIWhH49bSSoDAFVlCTkdGBt3X2-hRE[/url]

good stuff

MTK 05-02-2019 12:56 PM

Don't we all wish we could write letters to our younger selves

skinsfaninok 05-02-2019 01:01 PM

[quote=MTK;1223252]Don't we all wish we could write letters to our younger selves[/quote]

yeah no doubt

sevier2 05-02-2019 01:08 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1223253]yeah no doubt[/quote]

No doubt, [I]bruh[/I].

Chico23231 05-02-2019 01:12 PM

[quote=sevier2;1223256]No doubt, [I]bruh[/I].[/quote]

ha...totally ruined the article. You are speaking to a younger self, but still speaking like a teenager. What a fucking clown.

calia 05-02-2019 05:25 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1223257]ha...totally ruined the article. You are speaking to a younger self, but still speaking like a teenager. What a fucking clown.[/quote]

Dude -- look past that and look at the message and the maturity and self--reflection it embodies. Honestly, I wish the team could make this required reading for all rookies. "Mop the floors, Var." Seriously -- that is a GREAT message, and we want players who will do the hard work to learn and get better, no matter what they bring to the table on day 1. I'll bet most of the folks on this forum would like to see that attitude in all of the folks with whom we work. I know I would.

Kope 05-02-2019 06:54 PM

Fantastic letter by LaVar. I will never forget Marty's team at 0-5 until LaVar took over the sixth game....long fumble or pick six for a TD (Tampa?) went on to finish 8-3 over the next 11.

Interesting to see he was upset to leave the skins....I know I was lol. Glad to see he is coaching.

skinsfan69 05-02-2019 07:21 PM

Not a fan of Lavar but well put. Boy my letter to my younger self would be 20 pages long.

Meks 05-02-2019 07:26 PM

[quote=Kope;1223278]Fantastic letter by LaVar. I will never forget Marty's team at 0-5 until LaVar took over the sixth game....long fumble or pick six for a TD (Tampa?) went on to finish 8-3 over the next 11.

Interesting to see he was upset to leave the skins....I know I was lol. Glad to see he is coaching.[/quote]

Carolina if memory serves

rocnrik 05-02-2019 09:24 PM

It was Carolina! I remember folks saying that play turned the season around.

sevier2 05-03-2019 10:09 AM

Z. Brown goes to the Eagles

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001029860/article/eagles-sign-lb-zach-brown-to-oneyear-contract[/url]

Chico23231 05-03-2019 10:21 AM

[quote=sevier2;1223304]Z. Brown goes to the Eagles

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001029860/article/eagles-sign-lb-zach-brown-to-oneyear-contract[/url][/quote]

When ZB is on the field, tell Keenum/Haskins to check his match up in the pass, man or zone which is probably Reed/Slot