Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Giants post season ending loss thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64733)

FrenchSkin 11-08-2020 09:39 PM

Giants post season ending loss thread

My biggest issue with this game is how unprepared the team looked.

Sloppy turnovers, stupid penalties, D not able to really step up passed the couple first possessions until late in the game...

Coming off the bye week, that reeked of the Jay Gruden.

Also hate to pin an injury on the injured guyquality but Kyle Allen has to have better pocket awareness, he ran right into that...

Gotta love the fight to come back and have a chance, but this team is not the one to actually have a down 20 to 3 comeback W.

Also hate the fact our all 1 rounders Dline seemed to produce less pressure than their front 4. Told you guys they were legit, but at some point this D is going to have to look like what we think they are.

skinsfaninok 11-08-2020 09:54 PM

Giants post season ending loss thread

It’s hard to hate on the DL because getting pressure on the QBs has been a strong suit for us. The difference is , the QBs we face are getting the ball out quickly.

Coaching is ok, they can only do so much with a shit roster.

Offense- Terry and AG are the only legit stars in this whole side of the ball. OL is decent and better than expected but we don’t have a TE1 or WR2.

QB play- Kyle was doing a solid job but he was never going to take us anywhere. Alex plays scared and he made 2 horrible throws on the last 2 drives that killed us. QB play is so vital in todays NFL , this isn’t like the old days where u can win with a defense and running game. People were hating on Miami for benching Fitz but it’s paying off, They are 2-0 with Tua and he doesn’t make the boneheaded decisions Fitz does.

This draft class is deep with QB talent, we have to select one in the top 10.

mooby 11-08-2020 10:16 PM

Re: Giants post season ending loss thread

[quote=FrenchSkin;1264758]My biggest issue with this game is how unprepared the team looked.

Sloppy turnovers, stupid penalties, D not able to really step up passed the couple first possessions until late in the game...

Coming off the bye week, that reeked of the Jay Gruden.

Also hate to pin an injury on the injured guyquality but Kyle Allen has to have better pocket awareness, he ran right into that...

Gotta love the fight to come back and have a chance, but this team is not the one to actually have a down 20 to 3 comeback W.

Also hate the fact our all 1 rounders Dline seemed to produce less pressure than their front 4. Told you guys they were legit, but at some point this D is going to have to look like what we think they are.[/quote]

Agreed, my peeve was how sloppy they looked especially coming off the bye week. That was a Gruden hallmark, I really don't want it to be a Rivera hallmark too.

Also I never want to hear another ill word said about Daniel Jones on this forum. He might be a garbage qb but he's 4-0 against us in his career, and I feel like we've never successfully gotten him out of rhythm or forced turnovers out of him the way he's known for against other teams.

rocnrik 11-08-2020 10:18 PM

Watching the young QBs around the league and dreaming that we had one of those guys .. Tua,Kyler, Herbert, Patrick, Josh ..

SFREDSKIN 11-08-2020 10:41 PM

They've been unprepared after a bye for years now. They should have won the game, if only Logan falls on the ball and same goes for Wright. They need to bring Bryce Love and play him, same goes for AGG and Charles. Let's see what we got, running the ball 9 times in a game doesn't cut it.

htownskinfan 11-08-2020 10:42 PM

Is it Covid or what? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because this team has sucked for so long but I’ve never seen this amount of disinterest in this team

skinsfaninok 11-08-2020 10:42 PM

We never ever beat Them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 11-08-2020 10:52 PM

Until the team actually gets a legit QB I won’t really give a damn. It’s pointless

Chief X_Phackter 11-09-2020 12:12 AM

I thought the D played fine, well enough to win. Alex played well until those two terrible INTs towards the end. I wish they had tried to run the ball more... Either way, it's hard to overcome 5 turnovers, I don't care who the opponent is.

FrenchSkin 11-09-2020 03:48 AM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1264766]I thought the D played fine, well enough to win. Alex played well until those two terrible INTs towards the end. I wish they had tried to run the ball more... Either way, it's hard to overcome 5 turnovers, I don't care who the opponent is.[/QUOTE]Well the score despite the turnovers says D did played well enough to win.
But they kinda disappeared for quite some time during the first half. The Giants had over 100 yards rushing in the first QTR IIRC. And Alfred Morris looked like his 2012 self.

D is not the issue with this team, but at some point I feel like if Jack Del Rio is tweeting we got the best D in the division we're allowed to expect better.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

punch it in 11-09-2020 06:11 AM

As always maybe next year but probably not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AnonEmouse 11-09-2020 06:38 AM

Can't help thinking that the difference yesterday was again the lack of a stud TE. Give the QB a big body target to look for when under pressure rather than short RB's out of the backfield all the time.

Chico23231 11-09-2020 07:25 AM

Please focus on Oline, TE and QB.

I listened to game driving and watched bits and pieces on redzone. The incompetent play is concerning

MTK 11-09-2020 09:00 AM

They are who we thought they were.

Top 5 pick bring it on.

skinsfaninok 11-09-2020 09:11 AM

[quote=punch it in;1264768]As always maybe next year but probably not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]

Nothing will change until we get a QB man, coaching , GM, Owner it all does not matter if you don't have a QB1.