Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Breaking Bad Season 5 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48389)

MTK 07-16-2012 09:20 AM

Breaking Bad Season 5

Let's talk about it here. What did you think of the first episode? I wonder what that opening scene flash-forward was all about. Should be a great final season.

MonkFan4Life 07-16-2012 09:34 AM

I can say that it will be hella frustrating waiting for the next episodes since I just got on the show in Feb. Watched the show back to back til I was caught up. All I know is Walter White is a Bad Motherfudger!

mredskins 07-16-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Breaking Bad Season 5

[quote=Mattyk;924770]Let's talk about it here. What did you think of the first episode? I wonder what that opening scene flash-forward was all about. Should be a great final season.[/quote]

I forgot that they do that about the opening scene. The season where pieces of stuff floating in the pool and the hazmat guys was genius.

MonkFan4Life 07-16-2012 09:38 AM

Yeah that while season I'm trying to figure out if Skylar finally but the bullet. That was just tight! Why is Walter getting a heavy machine gun? Why is he in hiding? He's got hair? WTH?

MTK 07-16-2012 10:28 AM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;924776]Yeah that while season I'm trying to figure out if Skylar finally but the bullet. That was just tight! Why is Walter getting a heavy machine gun? Why is he in hiding? He's got hair? WTH?[/quote]

Looks like he's ready to go down in a blaze of glory.

But I recently read something where Bryan Cranston hinted a movie could follow the series, so I wonder if they will actually kill him off or not.

saden1 07-16-2012 11:56 AM

[quote=Mattyk;924770]Let's talk about it here. What did you think of the first episode? I wonder what that opening scene flash-forward was all about. Should be a great final season.[/quote]

Nice first episode...as for the flash-forward scene it seems to me he was purchasing all the tools he needs to have a Scarface moment.

MonkFan4Life 07-16-2012 11:58 AM

Do you think it's Mike and Jesse he's running from?

ArtMonkDrillz 07-16-2012 12:01 PM

[quote=saden1;924797]Nice first episode...as for the flash-forward scene it seems to me he was purchasing all the tools he needs to have a Scarface moment.[/quote]That was exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if it will come down to a shoot out with Hank & the DEA. That would be pretty crazy.

724Skinsfan 07-16-2012 06:38 PM

Season 4 is finally on Netflix (streaming)! Time to get caught up...

mredskins 07-16-2012 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;924799]That was exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if it will come down to a shoot out with Hank & the DEA. That would be pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

Thus little clips make you think the obvious but end up being something totally whacked out. Much like the pool scene I stated above; I swore he had blown up the house with a bad patch

itvnetop 07-16-2012 08:55 PM

I liked the getaway scene. Mike's driving, Jesse's in the passenger side and Walt's in the back like a kingpin. "Because I said so."

Shift in the hierarchy in full swing.

SmootSmack 07-16-2012 09:10 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan;924864]Season 4 is finally on Netflix (streaming)! Time to get caught up...[/quote]

Yup. 6 episodes in today. May watch one or two more

And for some reason I didn't get much work done today

MTK 07-17-2012 03:52 PM

[quote=mredskins;924867][B]Thus little clips make you think the obvious but end up being something totally whacked out[/B]. Much like the pool scene I stated above; I swore he had blown up the house with a bad patch[/quote]

Yeah good point. The writing on this show always keeps you guessing.

SmootSmack 07-19-2012 09:17 AM

[quote=itvnetop;924884]I liked the getaway scene. Mike's driving, Jesse's in the passenger side and Walt's in the back like a kingpin. "Because I said so."

Shift in the hierarchy in full swing.[/quote]

All caught up. And that scene genuinely scared the crap out of me. The look that Pinkman (who is just unbelievably played by Aaron Paul) gives him from the passenger seat was the perfect reaction.

MTK 07-19-2012 10:03 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;925383]All caught up. And that scene genuinely scared the crap out of me. The look that Pinkman (who is just unbelievably played by Aaron Paul) gives him from the passenger seat was the perfect reaction.[/quote]

What did you think of "face-off"?

SmootSmack 07-19-2012 10:09 AM

[quote=Mattyk;925396]What did you think of "face-off"?[/quote]

Maybe the last good movie John Travolta's done....

But seriously, I thought pretty early on that it wasn't Gus who gave the kid the poison, didn't think it was Walt though. I thought we were about to be introduced to someone new that would bring Walt and Gus together again

MTK 07-19-2012 10:16 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;925398]Maybe the last good movie John Travolta's done....

But seriously, I thought pretty early on that it wasn't Gus who gave the kid the poison, didn't think it was Walt though. I thought we were about to be introduced to someone new that would bring Walt and Gus together again[/quote]

Yeah the lily of the valley thing was great, nobody could see that coming.

MTK 07-23-2012 09:30 AM

anyone else itching to try some "franch" now, lol

[YT]4pcfxOLHMO0[/YT]

mredskins 07-23-2012 10:06 AM

I am still a bit confussed who the lady Mike was talking to and then he tried to kill but pulled back? Am I forgetting her from somewhere?

ArtMonkDrillz 07-23-2012 10:12 AM

[quote=mredskins;925931]I am still a bit confussed who the lady Mike was talking to and then he tried to kill but pulled back? Am I forgetting her from somewhere?[/quote]Nope, she is a new character. She seems to be an executive from the company that financed Pollos for Gus, but I guess she has other connections.

itvnetop 07-25-2012 10:13 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;925398]Maybe the last good movie John Travolta's done....

But seriously, I thought pretty early on that it wasn't Gus who gave the kid the poison, didn't think it was Walt though. I thought we were about to be introduced to someone new that would bring Walt and Gus together again[/quote]

:laughing- @ Travolta.

This will sound inhuman, but I was wanted Walt to be the perpetrator. I've actually disliked his character for a few seasons now, but there can be no untouchable boundary if he truly breaks bad. Gilligan solidified the series with this turn... I read somewhere that by the end of the show, we're going to totally despise Walter White (if some haven't already).

itvnetop 07-25-2012 10:13 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;925383]All caught up. And that scene genuinely scared the crap out of me. The look that Pinkman (who is just unbelievably played by Aaron Paul) gives him from the passenger seat was the perfect reaction.[/quote]

Thank you! I get into endless arguments with my friends regarding Paul's abilities... dude is amazing.

itvnetop 07-25-2012 10:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;925908]anyone else itching to try some "franch" now, lol

[YT]4pcfxOLHMO0[/YT][/quote]

I seriously want to try Franch haha.

itvnetop 07-25-2012 10:17 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;925933]Nope, she is a new character. She seems to be an executive from the company that financed Pollos for Gus, but I guess she has other connections.[/quote]

Her introduction was pretty comedic. Very interested in seeing where they take her character. I gleaned some background while watching her reaction when Mike's got the gun... She didn't care so much about dying, as much as wanting her daughter to know she didn't abandon her.

MTK 07-25-2012 10:39 PM

[quote=itvnetop;926572]Her introduction was pretty comedic. Very interested in seeing where they take her character. I gleaned some background while watching her reaction when Mike's got the gun... She didn't care so much about dying, as much as wanting her daughter to know she didn't abandon her.[/quote]

She's a loose cannon. Who the hell tries to kill Mike? I think now though he has her right where he wants her. All he has to do is threaten to ditch her body if he kills her.

MTK 07-25-2012 10:41 PM

[quote=itvnetop;926570]Thank you! I get into endless arguments with my friends regarding Paul's abilities... dude is amazing.[/quote]

When he broke down in that last episode... damn. He's definitely a top notch actor.

itvnetop 07-31-2012 05:37 AM

Very interesting ep... you can see Walt's britches getting bigger (the Scarface bit was a great parallel with his own misguided sense of power... perhaps a foreshadow?).

Seeing Jesse grow into the sensible one is very cool- from designing the equipment logistics to explaining basic economics to Walt at the end, his demeanor shows how far his character's come. The look on his face when Walt recounted the Victor story was telling- he's listened to Walt at every step. However, once Walt pretty much threatens to take out Mike, a lightbulb goes off in Jesse's head. We're in for a crazy 13 episodes.

mredskins 07-31-2012 09:55 AM

[quote=itvnetop;927541]Very interesting ep... you can see Walt's britches getting bigger ([B]the Scarface bit was a great parallel with his own misguided sense of power... perhaps a foreshadow?[/B]).

Seeing Jesse grow into the sensible one is very cool- from designing the equipment logistics to explaining basic economics to Walt at the end, his demeanor shows how far his character's come. The look on his face when Walt recounted the Victor story was telling- he's listened to Walt at every step. However, once Walt pretty much threatens to take out Mike, a lightbulb goes off in Jesse's head. We're in for a crazy 13 episodes.[/quote]

Or it was subtle AD for AMC's mob week.

MTK 07-31-2012 11:01 AM

I thought it was funny when they were watching the 3 stooges. Perhaps a little symbolism there.

mredskins 07-31-2012 11:03 AM

I love the camera angles/ special effects when they are making the meth. So cool, they have always done a good job with that.

MTK 07-31-2012 11:09 AM

[quote=mredskins;927617]I love the camera angles/ special effects when they are making the meth. So cool, they have always done a good job with that.[/quote]

No doubt, they always have some cool music too, just an insanely well done show all around

mredskins 07-31-2012 11:30 AM

[quote=Mattyk;927620]No doubt, they always have some cool music too, just an insanely well done show all around[/quote]

Was it you or SS that we had to convince to watch this show?

Just want to hand out the I told you so...=)

MTK 07-31-2012 11:50 AM

I don't recall. I mostly started watching because my Dad was always talking about it.

mredskins 07-31-2012 12:17 PM

[quote=Mattyk;927640]I don't recall. I mostly started watching because my Dad was always talking about it.[/quote]

I think it was more SS if I recall; anywho great show more people should watch.

SmootSmack 07-31-2012 12:20 PM

[quote=mredskins;927658]I think it was more SS if I recall; anywho great show more people should watch.[/quote]

It's not that you had to convince me to watch it so much as I was just waiting for the first couple of seasons to be available on Netflix since I hadn't caught most of the first season and didn't want to start in the middle

mredskins 07-31-2012 12:24 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;927662]It's not that you had to convince me to watch it so much as I was just waiting for the first couple of seasons to be available on Netflix since I hadn't caught most of the first season and didn't want to start in the middle[/quote]

Ok we need to make Matty a Mad Men believer.

I personally need to bulk down and watch The Wire; I have such a hard time getting into that show but now that I have HBO GO on my phone I enjoy watching it on my deck at night with my headphones; so that is my next show.

MTK 07-31-2012 12:25 PM

I think The Wire is next up for me too.

I'm just finishing up season 2 of Treme right now.

mredskins 07-31-2012 12:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;927666]I think The Wire is next up for me too.

I'm just finishing up season 2 of Treme right now.[/quote]

Hmmm never even heard of Treme; I might catch it.

Seriously though HBO Go and Max Go too best things to ever come out. They run perfect on my Bionic with 4G coverage. For some reason with the smaller screen and headphones it helps me better understand the storyline. I have word dyslexia so at times I misunderstand things in shows. I love to read but it is time consuming for me so at times I go awhile without reading a book. to read a 400pp novel would take me about 6 to 7 weeks.

SmootSmack 07-31-2012 01:03 PM

The Wire is next for me as well I think

Y'all should seriously check out Sherlock too.

itvnetop 07-31-2012 06:01 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;927684]The Wire is next for me as well I think

Y'all should seriously check out Sherlock too.[/quote]

Sherlock is very good... I'm only two episodes in and I heard the second season is even better.

Anyone seen Luther? My buddy tells me I need to start.

And for everyone who's about to start the Wire: get ready for some series television.