Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Network: Zorn likely to survive the season (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32720)

WaldSkins 10-17-2009 01:55 PM

Re: NFL Network: Zorn likely to survive the season

[quote=Paintrain;609768]Well, I'm guessing he'd be exploring a Gruden/Allen package or starting conversations with Mike & Mike about a President/Coach role.[/quote]

I cannot stand Mike Greenburg

skinster 10-17-2009 02:27 PM

I believe Zorn will remain the season. We don't have anyone to take over for him. Also what will putting in a new head coach do midseason? nothing productive. I havent seen it work for anyone but the 49ers, and we don't have a mike singletary to take over.

The Goat 10-17-2009 02:36 PM

A lot excellent discussion in this thread. I never thought about the possibility Zorn might be left in place just to keep the WCO experiment going until Snyder can get a guy like Holmgren to take over.

...that said there's not a lot of sense behind the switch to a WCO, and whoever asked the question earlier in the thread who decided to go this route (Vinny or Snyder) is a smart person, asking a really smart question. I know the coaching choice has been discussed at length but I can't help thinking back to the '07 season after Jason got hurt. I think when Collins went in Saunders took near complete control of the offense, and the result IMO was the best offensive play I've seen from the Skins in a very long time. Collins is nothing too special but very smart and knows the Saunders offense like the back of his hand.

I think Snyder/Vinny would have been much wiser to continue in that offensive scheme. I would have kept Williams as HC, Saunders as OC and let him truly run the offense from top to bottom. My guess is Saunders wanted Collins to the starter instead of JC, and that would have been great IMO. Jason could see the offense operate as Saunders intended w/ the keen student Collins at QB. Basically I believe we'd be a much better team since '07 if Snyder/Vinnie had gone this route.

Paintrain 10-17-2009 03:48 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;609789]I cannot stand Mike Greenburg[/quote]

I figured that would happen when I typed Mike & Mike. I was being lazy but I meant Holmgren and Shanahan. They are going to be linked until one of them lands somewhere.

rbanerjee23 10-17-2009 05:53 PM

Man, for all his awful play calling and personnel decisions, I can't help but feel sorry for Zorn. He should have just not accepted the HC job when he realized he couldn't even pick his own defensive coordinator

tryfuhl 10-17-2009 06:23 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;609852]Man, for all his awful play calling and personnel decisions, I can't help but feel sorry for Zorn. He should have just not accepted the HC job when he realized he couldn't even pick his own defensive coordinator[/quote]
Why would you even want him to? He was a QB coach that fell into the position, I wouldn't want him picking my DC.

T.A.P.O.A.F.O.R. 10-17-2009 06:36 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;609747][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du5MsH5e414&feature=related"]YouTube - Hitler goes after Shanahan after Detroit Lions beat Washington Redskins[/URL]

funny.[/quote]

holy crapm that was freakin' spectacular.

drew54 10-18-2009 12:47 AM

[quote=the goat;609808]
i think snyder/vinny would have been much wiser to continue in that offensive scheme. I would have kept williams as hc, saunders as oc and let him truly run the offense from top to bottom. My guess is saunders wanted collins to the starter instead of jc, and that would have been great imo. Jason could see the offense operate as saunders intended w/ the keen student collins at qb. Basically i believe we'd be a much better team since '07 if snyder/vinnie had gone this route.[/quote]

bingo

doughtydoubter 10-18-2009 02:11 AM

i dont dislike zorn, in fact...i think the guy got a bum deal...he got gibb's players and snyders whipping boy cerrato and blache as his d coordinator..i was willing to give him a pass and i do think when he leaves here he will make a brilliant coordinator somewhere, but he needs to turn into a motivator. that is his failing.

mcarey032 10-19-2009 07:43 PM

Is this still even true? My guess is that if Zorn doesn't win he is going to be gone. The way this organization is doing Zorn is really ruining it for the next candidates that come down the pike. If I were any of the big super bowl coaches, would I want to be treated like Zorn is because the old adage is "If Danny did it to him, he can do it to you!" There is no reason think that Snyder wouldn't humiliate and play hard ball with coaches who were "Not in compliance". This organization can't even lose with dignity. Most teams get it and they understand they are losing and just try and rebuild. This ownership is so mercurial that it wants to torture and save money any way that they can. All Zorn had to do was look at what they were doing to the season ticket holders to see what was going to happen to him. I am sure that there was a lawyer present when Zorn was talking with Ceratto.

Longtimefan 10-19-2009 08:30 PM

Whether or not Zorn will last the season is further evidence of the ineptness of the people in charge. Zorn dosen't deserve the big stick all by himself. I believe you reap what you sow, you bring a guy in with no experience of any kind that would qualify him for the job he's been placed in and say go get um, and we're going to be watchng you like a biologist watches bacteria under a microscope.

The team has faltered badly because of many factors, coaching, O-line, QBn, lack of depth, inexperienced players and the beat goes on. Now, had Zorn had the full complement of personnel and still failed to produce better results then perhaps I too would be on the hang Zorn committee, but I've seen enough football to know there is blame enough here to form another football team. To compound the coaches problem he has been discredited by the same people that put him in place knowing his deficiences, and never once thought about accepting any responsibility for his failure, it's always someone elses' fault. To never take responsibility for your shotrcomings means it's more than likely you'll continue to repeat them. Having to replace, after a season and a half a coach who should never have been hired in the first place is living proof of what I'm trying to say.

Paintrain 10-21-2009 10:28 AM

On Mike & Mike this morning, Mort reiterated that Snyder doesn't want to fire Zorn during the season. He said if the Skins get embarrassed (like they're not already embarrassing enough) on MNF, Snyder may not have a choice other than to fire him but that he could finish the regular season.

MrSpectre 10-21-2009 11:49 AM

The question is, why should Zorn want to survive until the end of the season, at which time he'll be fired anyway? If I were Zorn, I'd welcome the chance to escape from one of the league's two most incompetent owners (Danny has Al Davis to thank that he's not the worst), polish my resume, and work my way back in as QB coach in the NFL or offensive coordinator for a college team.

Ruhskins 10-21-2009 12:38 PM

[quote=MrSpectre;613316]The question is, why should Zorn want to survive until the end of the season, at which time he'll be fired anyway? If I were Zorn, I'd welcome the chance to escape from one of the league's two most incompetent owners (Danny has Al Davis to thank that he's not the worst), polish my resume, and work my way back in as QB coach in the NFL or offensive coordinator for a college team.[/quote]

If Linehan (Lions' coach last year) can get a job after going 0-16 as a head coach, I'm sure Zorn can find a job in some team next year.

Lotus 10-21-2009 01:35 PM

I can't believe that Zorn will make it to season's end. He's gotten kicked in the balls for several weeks now with Lewis' presence and increasing participation. The whole Lewis thing doesn't happen, I think, if they intend to keep Zorn for 16 games.