Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16517)

jdlea 12-24-2006 04:43 PM

Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

[QUOTE=Gmanc711;263328]He's fumbled away 2 games for us, so label me unimpressed by him.[/QUOTE]

You're goddamn right he has, but everyone wants to give him a pass because he's behind Clinton and has had 5 straight 100 yard games, guess what? They haven't won that many of em. He's fumbled away 2 games this season on drives that should have given the team the lead. This one would have put the game away. Nice job, punk, now I'm glad you were injured for the majority of your career.

cpayne5 12-24-2006 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=ncskinsfanec;263342]Losing Springs early on really hurt.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that. Just think, if he catches that INT on the first play, he doesn't get hurt on the second.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 12-24-2006 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;263340]be my guest. u gonna cry?[/QUOTE]

Simply do not post on the site until you can get a handle on your emotions. I know the loss stings, but there's really no need whatsoever for cursing out other people. You're a longtime member and I would think you'd know that by know.

hurrykaine 12-24-2006 04:54 PM

Many plays (or lack thereof) lost us this game, but at 3rd and 1 on our 12yd line, to call 40 gut and get stuffed for a loss is inexcusable. That is not an Al Saunders playcall, it stinks of Gibbs. I'm not suggesting that some creative triple reverse should've been called, but a 40 gut running play in that situation with 8 men in the box is simply a mistake.

The D was non-existent, as were the wide receivers.

Glad we lost this one - moving steadily on up the draftboard. Merry Christmas all.

ncskinsfanec 12-24-2006 04:57 PM

[quote=hurrykaine;263355]Many plays (or lack thereof) lost us this game, but at 3rd and 1 on our 12yd line, to call 40 gut and get stuffed for a loss is inexcusable. That is not an Al Saunders playcall, it stinks of Gibbs. I'm not suggesting that some creative triple reverse should've been called, but a 40 gut running play in that situation with 8 men in the box is simply a mistake.

The D was non-existent, as were the wide receivers.

Glad we lost this one - moving steadily on up the draftboard. Merry Christmas all.[/quote]

Yeah, we will move up the draft boad. That's about all you can say. Who do think we should get, Lamar Woodley or Gaines Adams?

redsk1 12-24-2006 05:02 PM

The d today was just plain bad. Worst in the NFL bad. Don't tell me the reason is that we had a couple injuries. Most teams do.

The o played a pretty good game and put up 31pts. However we sputtered down the stretch.

Betts does have the tendancy to fumble but let's not place the blame w/ him. I'll give the loss to the d.

skinsfan69 12-24-2006 05:08 PM

[quote=jdlea;263345]You're goddamn right he has, but everyone wants to give him a pass because he's behind Clinton and has had 5 straight 100 yard games, guess what? They haven't won that many of em. He's fumbled away 2 games this season on drives that should have given the team the lead. This one would have put the game away. Nice job, punk, now I'm glad you were injured for the majority of your career.[/quote]

Betts fumbled away two games? That's a bunch of BS. One play does not lose any game. The defender made a great play on the strip. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other team. Bulger is a really good pocket passer and he just carved up our secondary. They were just better today and made more plays. For you to attack Betts by saying your glad he was injured for the majority of his career TOTALLY CLASSLESS. As a Redskin fan you should calm your ass down before writing such stupid things.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 12-24-2006 05:10 PM

Wow, I might have to banish my own thread to thread hell.

EVERYONE needs to chill out. If you're too pissed to see straight (which would be understandable), wait until you have calmed down to post. Engaging in personal attacks on the site is not only really lame and typically reserved for the resident 12 year olds, but its a bannable offense. So, let's play nice and look forward to next week's game where we'll keep the Gmen outta the playoffs and watch their team implode.

jdlea 12-24-2006 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;263362]Betts fumbled away two games? That's a bunch of BS. One play does not lose any game. The defender made a great play on the strip. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other team. Bulger is a really good pocket passer and he just carved up our secondary. They were just better today and made more plays. For you to attack Betts by saying your glad he was injured for the majority of his career TOTALLY CLASSLESS. As a Redskin fan you should calm your ass down before writing such stupid things.[/QUOTE]

I will agree that it is classless to wish injury on someone, I've said that a million times and only fell into that because I've been drinking. However, that play lost the game today. You can't argue that. If he just gets tackled, or puts two hands on the football, the Skins win the game. You really can't give me any kind of credible argument against that. If you say the D should have made the stop, I'll agree, but it never should have happened like that. That play cost that team the chance to put the game away. Drunk or not, you won't convince me otherwise.

Oh, and the fact that 2 potential go ahead drives this season ended with Betts fumbles, kinda supports my argument...

Bill B 12-24-2006 05:16 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;263321]1). The run game looked awesome for the first half and really puttered out in the 2nd half.

2). Clock management was a joke; someone needs to tell the coaches that you want to KEEP timeouts when you're down in the 4th.

3). Betts' hands are nowhere near as good as as Portis' and he, along with the defense, cost us the game with his late 4th quarter fumble deep in Rams territory.

4). The pass defense is disgusting. It's the worst I've seen since the unit was coached by Edwards.

5). Sean Taylor has been playing like a 5th round draft pick, not the 5th overall pick. He's taking poor angles, blowing tackles, and isn't making the game-changing plays he was supposed to make with regularity.

But, the silver lining is that we'll have a better draft pick.[/quote]

Could number 5 be related to having Steven Jackson as your safeties coach? Why not get rid of Jackson and let Gray run the whole show in the backfield? Maybe that would resolve the whole issue the mole brought up about the safeties and CB's not being on the same page.

cpayne5 12-24-2006 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=Bill B;263365]Could number 5 be related to having Steven Jackson as your safeties coach? Why not get rid of Jackson and let Gray run the whole show in the backfield? Maybe that would resolve the whole issue the mole brought up about the safeties and CB's not being on the same page.[/QUOTE]

I think that would be a big improvement, for sure.

skinsfan69 12-24-2006 05:21 PM

[quote=jdlea;263364]I will agree that it is classless to wish injury on someone, I've said that a million times and only fell into that because I've been drinking. However, that play lost the game today. You can't argue that. If he just gets tackled, or puts two hands on the football, the Skins win the game. You really can't give me any kind of credible argument against that. If you say the D should have made the stop, I'll agree, but it never should have happened like that. That play cost that team the chance to put the game away. Drunk or not, you won't convince me otherwise.

Oh, and the fact that 2 potential go ahead drives this season ended with Betts fumbles, kinda supports my argument...[/quote]

You just can't blame a loss on one play. It makes no sense. Yes he should not have fumbled. But honestly that was a great play by the defender and not too many RB's would have held on to the ball in that situation. The defense gave up over 500 YARDS OF OFFENSE.

mike340 12-24-2006 05:22 PM

Betts had both hands on the ball. The defender had one hand on the ball and punched it out with the other one (from behind Betts). Good defensive play. Period. End of story. Get the idea?

wilsowilso 12-24-2006 05:22 PM

The QB was pretty bad today. I really like him, but not today. He gets a D grade. I thought Rocky looked quite good though! Don't get me started on Holdman. The fact that he is actually still playing makes me question the entire Dfensive coaching staff. He is horrible!!!!!!

Gmanc711 12-24-2006 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=mike340;263369]Betts had both hands on the ball. The defender had one hand on the ball and punched it out with the other one (from behind Betts). Good defensive play. Period. End of story. Get the idea?[/QUOTE]

If you can watch the replay, please do. It's clear that he only had the ball in his right hand and his left hand was doing other things, that was not on the ball.