Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Board is screwy?? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40826)

FRPLG 01-02-2011 11:00 PM

Board is screwy??

So is the board screwy for everyone? Actually I guess it's just the front page that is missing the usual "last post" link and such. Looks weird. Never realized how much I use stuff like that.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-02-2011 11:11 PM

Re: Board is screwy??

I've got the same thing. It looks like some threads have the last post link but not all of them.

GMScud 01-02-2011 11:15 PM

Yeah to me it looks like they cut out the "last poster" line on each thread. Probably to streamline the look of the main page. That eliminates one line from each thread displayed. That's pretty significant.

It's consistent for me. Every single thread on the main page does not have the "last poster" username listed as a clickable link.

MTK 01-02-2011 11:33 PM

Just trying out a cleaner look

mredskins 01-03-2011 08:29 AM

It be nice to get the last poster back option becasue sometimes if I see SS or some one knowledgeable posting in a old thread I click it because I know there could be a chance of some good info.

mredskins 01-03-2011 08:32 AM

[quote=Mattyk;774550]Just trying out a cleaner look[/quote]

BTW of all the boards I visit this is by fair the cleanest and easiest to read.

Some VB boards I visit have like one thread that will have over a 1000 pages but 4 post per page that is so fawking annoying!

CRedskinsRule 01-03-2011 08:34 AM

Though I realize it's not a democracy, if it were, I would vote for the last poster option. Same basic reasons as mredskins

mredskins 01-03-2011 08:43 AM

Here is one issue I have had with the "last poster" option. If a thread say like a gameday thread or the supper happy fun thread gets to large the "last poster" option no longer works if you click it it will just take you straight to the first page of the thread. It is weird.

MTK 01-03-2011 08:51 AM

[quote=mredskins;774585]Here is one issue I have had with the "last poster" option. If a thread say like a gameday thread or the supper happy fun thread gets to large the "last poster" option no longer works if you click it it will just take you straight to the first page of the thread. It is weird.[/quote]

yeah I've never been able to figure out why that happens

FRPLG 01-03-2011 08:54 AM

[quote=mredskins;774585]Here is one issue I have had with the "last poster" option. If a thread say like a gameday thread or the supper happy fun thread gets to large the "last poster" option no longer works if you click it it will just take you straight to the first page of the thread. It is weird.[/quote]
It is because of deleted posts. Once there are enough deleted posts to to take you to the "last page" where that post exists the "last page" isn't actually there anymore because the deleted posts have shrunk the thread. It has to calculate that "last page" based on your display settings for # of replies per page so it is a dynamic thing that can't be helped. It likely only happens in bigger threads.

FRPLG 01-03-2011 08:57 AM

Oh and I would vote for the old interface. This was already a pretty clean looking site. There is such thing as "too streamlined".

Hog1 01-03-2011 09:04 AM

[quote=FRPLG;774595][B]Oh and I would vote for the old interface. This was already a pretty clean looking site. There is such thing as "too streamlined"[/B].[/quote]
Me to
It's to...........clean. Can we dirty it up just a little?

mredskins 01-03-2011 09:50 AM

[quote=FRPLG;774593]It is because of deleted posts. Once there are enough deleted posts to to take you to the "last page" where that post exists the "last page" isn't actually there anymore because the deleted posts have shrunk the thread. It has to calculate that "last page" based on your display settings for # of replies per page so it is a dynamic thing that can't be helped. It likely only happens in bigger threads.[/quote]

That may be true in the Supper Happy Fun thread but on a gameday thread it does it as well and there are rarely deletes there. Once a thread reaches about 70 pages it will happen.

MTK 01-03-2011 09:57 AM

Yeah deleted posts aren't the problem, we don't delete posts that often, just seems to happen once a thread reaches a certain # of pages.

FRPLG 01-03-2011 10:09 AM

weird then...i can't conceive of why the number of posts would matter at all. irrelevant either way.