Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Super Bowl XL Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10976)

MTK 02-05-2006 01:29 PM

Official Super Bowl XL Game Thread

Discuss the game here

BigSKINBauer 02-05-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Official Super Bowl XL Game Thread

i hate the fans of the steelers

BrudLee 02-05-2006 01:56 PM

Anyone into prop bets? I've got a mortgage payments on "Tails". ;)

saden1 02-05-2006 01:57 PM

I hate Seahawk fans. they have all come out of the woodworks. I've never seen as many Seahawk flags as I have this past season.

Gmanc711 02-05-2006 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]Anyone into prop bets? I've got a mortgage payments on "Tails". ;)[/QUOTE]

I actually did place a bet. I bet that Matt Hasslebeck would score the second TD of the game. 10 bucks, 22/1 odds, so I figured what the hell.

Cooley 350Z 02-05-2006 02:29 PM

I too don't really care for the Seahawks fans, but I absolutely can't stand Steelers fans, so I'm pulling for Seattle today.

saden1 02-05-2006 04:48 PM

As much as I hate Seahawk fans I think the Seahawks have a better than 50% chance of winning this game. Certainly a better chance than people are giving them.

p.s. I'm off to a Super Bowl Party with a whole bunch of Hawk fans. I'll be Wearing my Skins Jersey with a Steeler patch taped on it just to piss them off.

Gmanc711 02-05-2006 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=saden1]As much as I hate Seahawk fans I think the Seahawks have a better than 50% chance of winning this game. Certainly a better chance than people are giving them.

p.s. I'm off to a Super Bowl Party with a whole bunch of Hawk fans. I'll be Wearing my Skins Jersey with a Steeler patch taped on it just to piss them off.[/QUOTE]

Saden, I hope you dont mind..but I'm stealing that idea. I was gonna just wear my Ramsey jersey, but I think i'm gonna tape somthin on too.

skin4Life28 02-05-2006 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]Anyone into prop bets? I've got a mortgage payments on "Tails". ;)[/QUOTE]
I've got 30 bucks that Keith Richards has a stroke on stage. :boxing:

EXoffender 02-05-2006 05:53 PM

Not exactly thrilled but I have to go with the NFC champs.

BrudLee 02-05-2006 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=skin4Life28]I've got 30 bucks that Keith Richards has a stroke on stage. :boxing:[/QUOTE]
Keith Richards died years ago, and robots can't have strokes. You lose :headbange

redrock-skins 02-05-2006 08:00 PM

The refs are wearing black and gold today.

Skins fan 44 02-05-2006 08:35 PM

I was not impressed with the half time show. I was not to impressed last year either though. I like the Stones but was not impressed.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-05-2006 09:30 PM

WOW! Randle-El just made the most unbelievable throw to Ward while running like a Gazelle. Jesus, if the Steelers don't resign him, they are crazy.

ST21 02-05-2006 09:57 PM

Let this boring ass season be over with...........

redrock-skins 02-05-2006 10:08 PM

Refs 21
Hawks 10

DCopper04 02-05-2006 10:30 PM

Steelers: 21
Hawks: 10
Aretha Franklin: -748326

That had to have been the most god-awful rendition of the National Anthem I have ever heard.

diehardskin2982 02-05-2006 10:31 PM

I don't think we will get randel el

Skins fan 44 02-05-2006 10:33 PM

Seahawks should of counted on them making a trick play like that in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

mooby 02-05-2006 10:38 PM

i already owe my steelers friend 10 bucks after last season when they lost to the pats in the afcc, i bet him 10 bucks that the steelers wouldn't make the superbowl next year. Just my luck, they go and make the superbowl, then win it. it was nice to see them win it though, a great way for the bus to end his career, and a good reward for cowher after sticking in there all those years.

Gmanc711 02-05-2006 10:38 PM

Well whatever. If it werent for the Redskins, this season would have sucked. Luckily the Redskins made this one of the most memorable of my life. This morning when I woke up, the "what-ifs" went through my head about how we should be there today.

Skins 2005 was AWSOME.
NFL 2005 was lathargic.

wolfeskins 02-05-2006 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]Refs 21
Hawks 10[/QUOTE]

that was the worse officiated game i've ever seen. offensive pass interferrence call was crap, ben roethlisburgar did not get the ball across the goal line, that holding penalty on seattle's right tackle was crap (seattle would have had the ball with a 1st and goal from the 2) , that chop block called on hasselback was a bad call.
i think it was pretty obviouse that the league wanted pitt. to win the superbowl, hell, even all the damn commercials had pitt. players in them practicing how to say "i'm going to disneyland".

skinsfanthru&thru 02-05-2006 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins]to win the superbowl, hell, even all the damn commercials had pitt. players in them practicing how to say "i'm going to disneyland".[/QUOTE]

there were also seahawks players in there like Hasselback and Alexander.

wolfeskins 02-05-2006 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]there were also seahawks players in there like Hasselback and Alexander.[/QUOTE]

the whole first half, not one seahawk.
the second half, they mixed in hasselback and alexander.

redrock-skins 02-05-2006 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins]that was the worse officiated game i've ever seen. offensive pass interferrence call was crap, ben roethlisburgar did not get the ball across the goal line, that holding penalty on seattle's right tackle was crap (seattle would have had the ball with a 1st and goal from the 2) , that chop block called on hasselback was a bad call.
i think it was pretty obviouse that the league wanted pitt. to win the superbowl, hell, even all the damn commercials had pitt. players in them practicing how to say "i'm going to disneyland".[/QUOTE]

The Skins would have gotten the same treatment from the refs too. I'm no fan of the Hawks. I was in the stadium when the Hawks beat us. The Hawks got robbed here.

skinsfanthru&thru 02-05-2006 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=wolfeskins]the whole first half, not one seahawk.
the second half, they mixed in hasselback and alexander.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong about it but I'm fairly certain it was the other way around and it didn't seem to me that it was just steelers until the 4th quarter.

wolfeskins 02-05-2006 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I could be wrong about it but I'm fairly certain it was the other way around and it didn't seem to me that it was just steelers until the 4th quarter.[/QUOTE]

you may be correct but i don't remember seeing any seahawks in that commercial until the second half. me and a few other poeple even started talking about it in the first half, we were like "damn there aint no seahawks in these commercials".

wolfeskins 02-05-2006 11:26 PM

i'm just very dissapointed in this superbowl. seattle, in my opinion, outplayed pitt. but the refs put a stop to all most every single seahawk positive. the refs gave that game to the steelers.

redrock-skins 02-05-2006 11:30 PM

Maybe it was a good thing we didn't make the SB. I'd be irate to see us lose like this. Pitt was handed this game. Anyone think we would get any better treatment? Then I would have to read from King and Pastabelly how "fair" the game was officiated on top of that. At least Seattle doesn't have to deal with that.

skinsfanthru&thru 02-05-2006 11:32 PM

there were a couple questionable calls but the main one's I see being complained about where actually called as the rules dictate. Sure that offensive PI was pretty touchy, but he obviously pushed off a bit with his right arm even though he didn't need to. A couple holding calls were touchy, but there r a couple of those a game that seem like they could have easily been non calls. and that Hasselback illegal block was absolutely retarded, but I think people being upset about the result on behalf of the seahawks should be more upset about the play of their secondary and Stephens being unable to hold onto almost every single pass his way.

wolfeskins 02-05-2006 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]Maybe it was a good thing we didn't make the SB. I'd be irate to see us lose like this. Pitt was handed this game. Anyone think we would get any better treatment? Then I would have to read from King and Pastabelly how "fair" the game was officiated on top of that. At least Seattle doesn't have to deal with that.[/QUOTE]

yea, i totally agree with you. i really didn't care who won this superbowl, i don't like either team but it still pisses me off how obvious the refs called the game in favor of pitt. if that would have been the skins every single person on this sight would be ready to hunt down and kill those refs even the ones on here that say ben scored on that td play.

skinsfanthru&thru 02-05-2006 11:53 PM

I'd be more pissed about the penalty calls than the review cuz I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing. It's not like they had completely bogus calls take away scores like the Skins did against the packers with the illegal motion bs call a couple years ago.

BigSKINBauer 02-05-2006 11:57 PM

if the skins were in the super bowl and they favored the other team like that i don't know what i would do.

redrock-skins 02-06-2006 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'd be more pissed about the penalty calls than the review cuz I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing. It's not like they had completely bogus calls take away scores like the Skins did against the packers with the illegal motion bs call a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]

D Jackson's TD was taken off the board by a "shove" that Michael Irvin would laugh at.

Not to mention a Stevens catch at the 2 negated by a phantom holding call.

BigSKINBauer 02-06-2006 12:48 AM

this is how it feels to win it all.
[url="http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2"]http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2[/url]

Someday. Someday...

06/07 218 days.

Gmanc711 02-06-2006 12:59 AM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]this is how it feels to win it all.
[url="http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2"]http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2[/url]

Someday. Someday...

06/07 218 days.[/QUOTE]

They defintley had a lonnnnnng wait, in time ours will come. Everytime I watch someone else win a title though, in any sport, it makes me want it that much more

BigSKINBauer 02-06-2006 01:09 AM

This is what it is like to have your rival win it all

[url]http://go-bengals.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14080[/url]

redrock-skins 02-06-2006 01:13 AM

Salsbury was really enjoying showing the Marcus Allen run in the SB vs the Raiders on tonight's highlights. (It was a reference to Parker's run).

That Guy 02-06-2006 02:08 AM

good for parker, now the redskins aren't that team on the other end of a record breaking highlight. Now the marcus allen run is just another play.

It was cool to see all the SB MVPs in one place like that. only about 35 SB MVPs and out of the skins 3, 2 will never be able to get into the HOF.

I also loved watching every SB recap NFL films has ever done last night. Caught all three skins games too.

skinsfanthru&thru 02-06-2006 02:52 AM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]D Jackson's TD was taken off the board by a "shove" that Michael Irvin would laugh at.

Not to mention a Stevens catch at the 2 negated by a phantom holding call.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but a push off is a push off especially when that type of crap happens on almost every single play but never gets called against the offense as much as it should and it was right smack dab in front of the endzone official. And that phantom holding call was close enough from the replays that I can understand how the ref could have thought it was holding cuz the seahawk tackle had an unusual hold on the steeler player's shoulder and seemed to pull down and cause the steeler player to look as though he was being yanked down when he more than likely lost his balance. and I'm sorry that so many people in the media and whatnot seem to be so upset about the officiating, but with some of the bs we've seen pulled against the skins, I ain't shedding one tear for the seahawks and their fans. :httr: :point: :point: :httr: