Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Washington Football Team Names Martin Mayhew General Manager (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64805)

MTK 01-22-2021 08:20 AM

Washington Football Team Names Martin Mayhew General Manager

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Football Team announced today that they have named Martin Mayhew as General Manager. Mayhew will report directly to Head Coach Ron Rivera.

[URL="https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-football-team-martin-mayhew-gm"]Washington Football Team Names Martin Mayhew General Manager [/URL]

skinsfaninok 01-22-2021 08:25 AM

Re: Washington Football Team Names Martin Mayhew General Manager

Football people!

Chico23231 01-22-2021 08:27 AM

I’m confused but glad to have more people with football experience in the building.

Also will follow who we passed on and see John Schneider this too. Time will tell

SkinzWin 01-22-2021 08:47 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1274896]I’m confused but glad to have more people with football experience in the building.

Also will follow who we passed on and see John Schneider this too. Time will tell[/quote]

This is because of media folks sharing “sources” naming Hurney as GM even though it was never officially announced by the team. This is a botch by the media, not the WFT. I’m glad Mayhew is the guy. Better track record comparably to Hurney I believe.

Monkeydad 01-22-2021 08:53 AM

Great move.

He turned the winless Lions around and we know he has a love for this organozation already. He could be key to getting Stafford and maybe Golladay here.

Welcome back, #35.

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fc0%2Fb1%2F01%2Fc0b101130754e091a1a3ecb659f5731b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

Ohioskins 01-22-2021 08:53 AM

Mayhew definitely seems to have a better track record than another Carolina mediocrity.

EdmundDorf 01-22-2021 08:55 AM

Importantly he reports to Ron, so the coach has the final say on players and roster, not the GM. Mayhew is there to take the load off of Ron which it sounds like he is the perfect man for the job..... an egoless consensus builder

rocnrik 01-22-2021 08:58 AM

Does anybody really trust news reporting anymore ?

MTK 01-22-2021 09:01 AM

Nothing was officially announced on Hurney so if you swallowed the bait that's on you.

SFREDSKIN 01-22-2021 09:20 AM

Funny how things change, I think it was last year or the year before I brought up hiring Mayhew to replace Allen at the time and got blasted with, “he sucked in Detroit”, “he’s a figure head in SF”. Now I say the team must find a way to retain Smith, cause he’s our future. I don’t care if he doesn’t have the admin experience, teach him!! Maybe that’s why Mayhew is here for? We need a flow of talent via Draft and FA like the last 3 years, we will lose good players to FA and need the flow of talent to continue to replace the ones we lose. Smith might not have done it alone, but I’m sure he has assembled a pretty good scouting team and if/when he leaves he will be taking some of his scoutr with him.

MTK 01-22-2021 09:31 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1274915]Funny how things change, I think it was last year or the year before I brought up hiring Mayhew to replace Allen at the time and got blasted with, “he sucked in Detroit”, “he’s a figure head in SF”. Now I say the team must find a way to retain Smith, cause he’s our future. I don’t care if he doesn’t have the admin experience, teach him!! Maybe that’s why Mayhew is here for? We need a flow of talent via Draft and FA like the last 3 years, we will lose good players to FA and need the flow of talent to continue to replace the ones we lose. Smith might not have done it alone, but I’m sure he has assembled a pretty good scouting team and if/when he leaves he will be taking some of his scoutr with him.[/quote]

I know you never hesitate to pat yourself on the back ;), but I think the difference here is Mayhew isn't coming in to call all the shots on personnel, I believe plenty of people would have a problem with that arrangement if that were the case. He's reporting to Ron who will still be running the show.

KI Skins Fan 01-22-2021 10:16 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1274907]Does anybody really trust news reporting anymore ?[/quote]

I do!

(signed) Donald Trump

Chico23231 01-22-2021 10:29 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1274907]Does anybody really trust news reporting anymore ?[/quote]

Haven’t for years

skinsfan69 01-22-2021 11:18 AM

[quote=MTK;1274918][B]I know you never hesitate to pat yourself on the back [/B];), but I think the difference here is Mayhew isn't coming in to call all the shots on personnel, I believe plenty of people would have a problem with that arrangement if that were the case. He's reporting to Ron who will still be running the show.[/quote]

lol

skinsfan69 01-22-2021 11:24 AM

Welcome home #35! We actually have several adults in the building!

I wonder w/ all these hires did the NFL get in Snyder's ear and told him to he'd better shape up. There were reports last year that said how the league was upset with the situation in Washington. That one of it's iconic teams was in the toilet.