Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFC EAST Coaching Carousel (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64562)

CRedskinsRule 01-06-2020 11:56 AM

NFC EAST Coaching Carousel

With us hiring Ron Rivera, the Cowboys hiring Mike McCarthy, and everyone awaiting word on the NYG new head coach, let's discuss where all the NFC East stands.

I believe that Jerry's hiring of McCarthy was purely reflexive to the Skins hiring Rivera. And I am amazed that McCarthy would choose Dallas over NYG. When you look at the 2 teams, Dallas is about to pay Dak crazy QB money. Elliot is an elite runner, but I think Barkley is better. And most importantly, Gettleman vs JJ as GM. Now maybe JJ promised MM a lot of control, like he did with Parcells, but his history is as bad as DS' is when it comes to control and even as recent as last week JJ said that he was staying on as GM.

So far, I think Pederson still is the top NFC East coach, followed by Rivera, then probably Bienamy if that is who the Giants get, and finally McCarthy.

(If Giants go with Josh McDaniels, than Dallas moves ahead of them)

mooby 01-06-2020 12:14 PM

Re: NFC EAST Coaching Carousel

I don't understand the hype with Josh McDaniels. He failed already as Broncos head coach, then last year he took the Indy job and backed out for whatever reason. Maybe he realizes he prefers being Brady's coordinator to running a team? Idk, but him flaking on the Colts makes me think he's not mature enough to run a team.

Ruhskins 01-06-2020 12:18 PM

[quote=mooby;1242177]I don't understand the hype with Josh McDaniels. He failed already as Broncos head coach, then last year he took the Indy job and backed out for whatever reason. Maybe he realizes he prefers being Brady's coordinator to running a team? Idk, but him flaking on the Colts makes me think he's not mature enough to run a team.[/quote]

I don't understand the hype either. O'Brien is the only assistant of Bellichick who has had any success.

Burgold 01-06-2020 12:25 PM

If Jerry stays out of it,McCarthy might make the boyz work,but we got our coach we'll see what the Giants do.

BaltimoreSkins 01-06-2020 12:44 PM

I think McCarthy could be a good hire, he has a pretty good record both in the regular season and playoffs. Yeah I know it helps when you have Farve and then Rodgers

mooby 01-06-2020 02:24 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1242179]I don't understand the hype either. O'Brien is the only assistant of Bellichick who has had any success.[/quote]

Didn't even mention how withered the Belichick coaching tree is but that's another good point.

mooby 01-06-2020 02:24 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1242182]I think McCarthy could be a good hire, he has a pretty good record both in the regular season and playoffs. Yeah I know it helps when you have Farve and then Rodgers[/quote]

One thing's for sure, Dak is either going to sink or swim.

I like McCarthy as a coach, but I hope he keeps the Cowboys swimming in mediocrity.

CRedskinsRule 01-06-2020 02:45 PM

[quote=Burgold;1242180]If Jerry stays out of it,McCarthy might make the boyz work,but we got our coach we'll see what the Giants do.[/quote]

Jerry isn't staying out of anything. He said that he was the GM and was staying the GM.

skinsfaninok 01-06-2020 03:37 PM

[url]https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/mike-nolan-to-be-cowboys-defensive-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR08cUGMcUrZkRB0psayJ0mVNkMWnckcXmlj2b-b8iQlu5NlurwQcRJi6VE[/url]

Nolan is it

Redskins247 01-06-2020 03:40 PM

Wade Phillips will not be back with the Rams per Ian Rapoport.

Chico23231 01-06-2020 03:41 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1242216][url]https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/mike-nolan-to-be-cowboys-defensive-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR08cUGMcUrZkRB0psayJ0mVNkMWnckcXmlj2b-b8iQlu5NlurwQcRJi6VE[/url]

Nolan is it[/quote]

Ron Rivera, Jack Del Rio > M McCarthy, Mike Nolan

Not close

jamf 01-06-2020 03:44 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1242216]
Nolan is it
[/quote]
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/tZF2erGJ5uOHe/giphy.gif[/IMG]

calia 01-06-2020 04:30 PM

NFC EAST Coaching Carousel

McCarthy frustrated the hell out of Packers fans. A friend of mine has been a die hard Packers fan since childhood (WI native), and he complained endlessly about McCarthy, even when they were winning with him (saying that it was despite bad coaching). I think he's a solid albeit unspectacular hire. He will be someone that Jerry can bully, however, and those coaches haven't done so well in Dallas. At all.

mooby 01-06-2020 04:38 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1242218]Ron Rivera, Jack Del Rio > M McCarthy, Mike Nolan

Not close[/quote]

Is it? What's the measuring stick, Super Bowl titles? Because that's McCarthy 1, Rivera 0 (as a HC, not counting player).

I like our decision to go with Rivera too but are we losing sight of what the ultimate goal is here? It's to win titles.

skinsfan69 01-06-2020 05:50 PM

[quote=mooby;1242177]I don't understand the hype with Josh McDaniels. He failed already as Broncos head coach, then last year he took the Indy job and backed out for whatever reason. Maybe he realizes he prefers being Brady's coordinator to running a team? Idk, but him flaking on the Colts makes me think he's not mature enough to run a team.[/quote]

I still don't get how you draft Tim Tebow with your 1st round pick. I think some guys like McDaniels, McCarthy, Norv Turner and Pat Schumer are just meant to be coordinators.