Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64309)

Schneed10 01-19-2019 08:21 AM

Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

I went and watched Will Grier highlights. I think he’s worth considering.

Here are highlights. With highlights you have to be careful because it leaves out any boneheaded plays or times he may have been careless with the ball. In other words be aware that you’re not seeing the whole picture.

But that said watch these throws. On the ones where the defender is beat by two steps or more, watch it and pretend there’s no defender there at all. Does the WR have to break stride?

On the ones where where the defender is all over the WR, is the ball placed in a low risk spot where only the WR could get it?

Yes and yes. Dude’s accurate as F and looks a little like Big Ben to me. Needs to quicken the elongated delivery but worth considering.

I’m not so sure this QB class can’t play.

[YT]_JPeHRNNXpw[/YT]

Giantone 01-19-2019 08:48 AM

[quote=30gut;1217289]I would love Kyler Murray but the dude has to sign some kind of binding agreement that he's only going to play football.[/quote]

Honest question ,why? He played behind a very good O line and the defense's in his conference are not exactly the best? Heisman does not always equate to a good NFL player.I agree on the binder by the way.

MTK 01-19-2019 09:09 AM

Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Drafting a QB is short sighted? I think it’s quite the opposite considering it may be someone who won’t even play next year.

Short sighted was not having a developmental QB already on the roster this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DYoungJelly 01-19-2019 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1217318]Drafting a QB is short sighted? I think it’s quite the opposite considering it may be someone who won’t even play next year.

Short sighted was not having a developmental QB already on the roster this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Right on.

Reaching for a QB is short sighted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

30gut 01-19-2019 11:16 PM

[quote=Giantone;1217314]Honest question ,why? He played behind a very good O line and the defense's in his conference are not exactly the best? Heisman does not always equate to a good NFL player.I agree on the binder by the way.[/quote]All of the above was also true for Baker Mayfield + the run threat of an 1,000 yard rusher.

skinsfaninok 01-21-2019 09:38 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1217311]I went and watched Will Grier highlights. I think he’s worth considering.

Here are highlights. With highlights you have to be careful because it leaves out any boneheaded plays or times he may have been careless with the ball. In other words be aware that you’re not seeing the whole picture.

But that said watch these throws. On the ones where the defender is beat by two steps or more, watch it and pretend there’s no defender there at all. Does the WR have to break stride?

On the ones where where the defender is all over the WR, is the ball placed in a low risk spot where only the WR could get it?

Yes and yes. Dude’s accurate as F and looks a little like Big Ben to me. Needs to quicken the elongated delivery but worth considering.

I’m not so sure this QB class can’t play.

[YT]_JPeHRNNXpw[/YT][/quote]

I've been saying it since mid season, he's the guy I want, watched a lot of his film, very good QB.

Spoke to a fellow co-worker (former NFL QB) and he said stay at 15 and take Grier or go Jones in the 2nd round. Murray will be a top 10 pick and we don't need to trade up for him IMO.

Chico23231 01-21-2019 09:45 AM

Will Grier or Murry at 15...I wouldn’t be mad about that...

WillH 01-21-2019 04:37 PM

Would you believe more in this current FO if they hit the reset button now, traded away assets, picked up as many future picks as they could and accepted that with the Smith situation that this team has no chance over the next couple of years, and that next year was a better opportunity to draft a franchise QB?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Irrefutable 01-21-2019 07:08 PM

[quote=WillH;1217566]Would you believe more in this current FO if they hit the reset button now, traded away assets, picked up as many future picks as they could and accepted that with the Smith situation that this team has no chance over the next couple of years, and that next year was a better opportunity to draft a franchise QB?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Not a bad idea, however other than Norman and possibly Reed there is not much I would trade. Do not resign Crowder, P.Smith or Ha Ha ...take the comp picks.

2019 draft
#1 TE....there are several great TEs in this draft....Hockenson, Smith, Fant
#2 G
#3 CB
#3 DE/OLB
#5 S
#5 QB
#6 S
#7 ILB

Add a few moderate priced free agents....C, T, LB, S

The offense will stink and they should be able to get a good QB in the 2020 draft.

Redskins247 01-22-2019 10:50 AM

[quote=WillH;1217566]Would you believe more in this current FO if they hit the reset button now, traded away assets, picked up as many future picks as they could and accepted that with the Smith situation that this team has no chance over the next couple of years, and that next year was a better opportunity to draft a franchise QB?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't know if I would believe in this FO to get anything right, however I tend to think this would be the smarter play. I do not believe they will do this at all though, and somewhat expect them to trade up and draft Murray...since that would be "winning the offseason" in their minds...and temporarily take some of the heat off of them. Unless they learn before the draft, that there is a REAL chance Alex could play again this season...and even if they learned that, they may would still trade up and draft Murray. Nothing they could do at this point would surprise me, other than Snyder selling the team or firing Bruce.

skinsfaninok 01-22-2019 11:57 AM

John Clayton " As mentioned before the Redskins are very interested in Murray"

He said this on Sirius XM and he has the skins taking K1 in his mock draft.

bigant 01-22-2019 12:29 PM

They are very interested in Daniel jones of duke too, I take him over Grier and Locke he is moving up draft boards I actually prefer him a lot ,big upside

skinsfaninok 01-22-2019 02:22 PM

Per Keim

The skins have met with a few QB's already.. Jones, Findlay and Mcsorley.

I'd imagine they will talk to 10 or so total.

WillH 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=bigant;1217652]They are very interested in Daniel jones of duke too, I take him over Grier and Locke he is moving up draft boards I actually prefer him a lot ,big upside[/QUOTE]Jones is probably my least favorite of the options this year... watched a few games of film of him playing against shitty teams looking like a JAG.

I think I'd take Tyree Jackson over him even.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Schneed10 01-22-2019 02:44 PM

Jag is an underrated burn. Perfectly condescending and derisive, and it's only strengthened if you say it while you make a masturbation motion with your hand.