Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shanahan Tells Banks He Better Learn to Play WR (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48153)

mooby 07-06-2012 02:38 PM

Re: Shanahan Tells Banks He Better Learn to Play WR

[quote=The Goat;923698]No he's not elusive, because he's not terribly quick and lacks vision. Top end speed is his only weapon.[/quote]

You and I both agree on something.

hooskins 07-06-2012 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;923486]Regardless of how fast he is, Banks could contribute to the offense. His playing capacity would definitely be questioned considering the wide receivers who are ahead of him on the depth chart. However, he's too small and probably would be used as a decoy or a slot receiver. The more stronger players on defense could punish him every time he got the ball. But since Banks is elusive, he might not get hit much. That's if he's able to make the team at WR......[/QUOTE]

I think he would eventually get destroyed. Returning kicks or punts is different than lining up and playing offense. In the former you see what's coming towards you while in the latter you don't.

REDSKINS4ever 07-08-2012 02:29 PM

Since Banks is fast, he could be used on reverses and the bubble screens that were used at Baylor for RG3. The coaches would have to find a way to use him much like in the New England game last year when Banks tossed a TD pass to Moss.

skinsfaninok 07-09-2012 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;923845]Since Banks is fast, he could be used on reverses and the bubble screens that were used at Baylor for RG3. The coaches would have to find a way to use him much like in the New England game last year when Banks tossed a TD pass to Moss.[/QUOTE]

That was the play of the year for us by far

ethat001 07-09-2012 02:17 AM

I've lost faith in Banks. Unless he proves something this preseason, he's not worth the cap and roster space. In a league where kickoffs are touchbacks up to 45% of the time, can't see a reason to keep an underperforming smaller injury-prone one-hit wonder who recently had off-field issues.

He's the lightest player in the NFL, so pound-for-pound -- we're overpaying.

Monkeydad 07-09-2012 12:27 PM

[quote=hooskins;923729]I think he would eventually get destroyed. Returning kicks or punts is different than lining up and playing offense. In the former[B] you see what's coming towards [/B]you while in the latter you don't.[/quote]

Not always:
[IMG]http://www.fantasticalfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Niles-Paul-hits-Austin-Pettis.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ballhogsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Niles-Paul.jpg[/IMG]

*pics from 2 different hits, classic. :laughing2

[YT]I9kh1YM2JX0[/YT]

los panda 07-09-2012 12:29 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;923923]*pics from 2 different hits, classic. :laughing2[/quote]if those are 2 different hits, i'm larry bowie

Monkeydad 07-09-2012 12:31 PM

[quote=los panda;923924]if those are 2 different hits, i'm larry bowie[/quote]

Didn't see that game, Larry?

Paul destroyed Austin Pettis TWICE on punt returns...got flagged and I believe fined too.

Pettis refused to call for fair catches.

los panda 07-09-2012 12:58 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;923925]Didn't see that game, Larry?

Paul destroyed Austin Pettis TWICE on punt returns...got flagged and I believe fined too.

Pettis refused to call for fair catches.[/quote]the 2 pics you originally posted were of the same hit. before you edited the post, changing 1 pic and adding the vid

REDSKINS4ever 07-09-2012 01:38 PM

[quote=ethat001;923867]I've lost faith in Banks. Unless he proves something this preseason, he's not worth the cap and roster space. In a league where kickoffs are touchbacks up to 45% of the time, can't see a reason to keep an underperforming smaller injury-prone one-hit wonder who recently had off-field issues.

He's the lightest player in the NFL, so pound-for-pound -- we're overpaying.[/quote]

If the Redskins do release Banks, Banks will undoubtedly pull a Desmond Howard. He will go to another NFL team and be a spectacular all pro at returning kicks and punts.

MTK 07-09-2012 02:20 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;923963]If the Redskins do release Banks, Banks will undoubtedly pull a Desmond Howard. He will go to another NFL team and be a spectacular all pro at returning kicks and punts.[/quote]

So what's holding him back here?

JGisLordOfTheRings 07-09-2012 02:28 PM

[quote=Mattyk;923985]So what's holding him back here?[/quote]

Its the skins curse! lol

mooby 07-09-2012 03:20 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;923963]If the Redskins do release Banks, Banks will undoubtedly pull a Desmond Howard. He will go to another NFL team and be a spectacular all pro at returning kicks and punts.[/quote]

We better do as he says, the prophecy has been foretold!

JoeRedskin 07-09-2012 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;923963]If the Redskins do release Banks, Banks will undoubtedly pull a Desmond Howard. He will go to another NFL team and be a spectacular all pro at returning kicks and punts.[/QUOTE]

No. He won't. I will bet you any amount of money on the matter.

Alvin Walton 07-09-2012 06:59 PM

Yea right....I guess our special teams staff is just the worst ever. We should quit and go play badminton.