Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   How 'Bout Them Cavs! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18459)

12thMan 06-03-2007 09:15 AM

How 'Bout Them Cavs!

Can you believe it! Even though they led for a good portion of the fourth quarter, in the back of your mind you were just waiting for that moment when they unraveled.

Congrats to the city of Cleveland, LeBron James, Baby Face Gibson...and the rest of the Cavaliers. I hope they take it to the Spurs.

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-03-2007 09:53 AM

Re: How 'Bout Them Cavs!

i am glad i hate the pistons, and the spurs. Mavs in 2007-2008

saden1 06-03-2007 10:42 AM

I am very much looking forward to seeing their asses kicked by the Spurs.

djnemo65 06-03-2007 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;315238]i am glad i hate the pistons, and the spurs. Mavs in 2007-2008[/QUOTE]

You are a Mavs fan? See that I don't get at all.

SmootSmack 06-03-2007 12:31 PM

Still can't help but think if only Arenas and Butler had been healthy in round one.

Congrats to the Cavs though. This one's for Larry Nance, Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Craig Ehlo, Lenny Wilkens and all those other great Cavs of the 80s that always got so close yet no cigar

mooby 06-03-2007 12:53 PM

I was rooting for Detroit to win it all after the Wizards got swept, but now that that's over, I can only hope the Cavs beat the Spurs and win it all. They deserve it.

dmek25 06-03-2007 03:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;315252]Still can't help but think if only Arenas and Butler had been healthy in round one.

Congrats to the Cavs though. This one's for Larry Nance, Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Craig Ehlo, Lenny Wilkens and all those other great Cavs of the 80s that always got so close yet no cigar[/quote]
those good cav teams always had one roadblock in the playoffs. and he wore #23 for the bulls. i would like to see the cavs win it all

jsarno 06-03-2007 04:34 PM

Game 5 was one of the best playoff games I have ever seen. I kept saying WOW over and over again.

I am a Celtics fan being from Boston, but I follow and really like the Spurs since it's the closest team to where I live and the fact that they actually play the game the way it's supposed to be played. That being said, I am thrilled that the Cavs made it. I love the underdog, and now I have mixed emotions.

Congrats to LeBron and company...by the way, how did Gibson get the nickname Boobie?

PFunk26 06-03-2007 04:37 PM

Im for anyone who plays the spurs so the Cavs are no my team, seeing as my suns wont win a title till Duncan retires

jsarno 06-03-2007 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=PFunk26;315266]Im for anyone who plays the spurs so the Cavs are no my team, seeing as my suns wont win a title till Duncan retires[/QUOTE]

So I assume you are pissed about the call the commish made with the suspensions?

PFunk26 06-03-2007 08:51 PM

yeah i was but that was a no win situation for the nba, what r you gonna do

love them hogs 06-03-2007 09:24 PM

Im sorry but ever since the foul line incident with Arenas I just cant stand LeBron. He seems like a nice guy and all but that really pissed me off.Arenas should have made the shots either way but that just seemed a little bush league if you ask me.

jsarno 06-03-2007 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=love them hogs;315280]Im sorry but ever since the foul line incident with Arenas I just cant stand LeBron. He seems like a nice guy and all but that really pissed me off.Arenas should have made the shots either way but that just seemed a little bush league if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

What actually happened? I never saw it, or heard anything about it other than "the LeBron / Arenas incident". (I don't watch a ton of NBA...I love Basketball, but I love old fashion basketball, not what the NBA has become.)

jsarno 06-03-2007 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=PFunk26;315277]yeah i was but that was a no win situation for the nba, what r you gonna do[/QUOTE]

That's true.
My buddy is a Phoenix fan and was pissed royally about that incident, and we argued about it. I laugh cause I only really care about the Skins and Red Sox or NASCAR...but he lives for the Suns.

SmootSmack 06-03-2007 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;315281]What actually happened? I never saw it, or heard anything about it other than "the LeBron / Arenas incident". (I don't watch a ton of NBA...I love Basketball, but I love old fashion basketball, not what the NBA has become.)[/QUOTE]

Just a little playful trash talking. I had no problem with it at all. Arenas dishes it out all the time, no reason he can't take it as well.