Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39592)

Hogroll 11-01-2010 12:48 PM

Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record... but they are only 1-6.

"I'm embarrassed," Jones said."Of course I am. And to every fan, I should have and do take the ultimate, ultimate responsibility. I do. That's the way we're structured. That's the way I run it. There's no question that I have the plan and executing it to have the best players and the best coaching that we can have. I'm dumbfounded that we are 1-7."

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/-Embarrassed-Jones-apologizes-to-Cowboys-fans?urn=nfl-281406"]Link[/URL]

GTripp0012 11-01-2010 12:52 PM

Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

There was a lot of talk about how the bye came 'at a good time' for the Cowboys, but they were a pretty good team who was narrowly 1-2 at the bye, with more points scored than points against vs. three playoff contenders.

Since the bye, the Cowboys are 0-4, and have been an absolutely dreadful football team. The bye might have come just as the Cowboys were getting things together.

Evidence that the week off can hurt as much as it helps.

GTripp0012 11-01-2010 12:54 PM

Which I think people should remember about the Cowboys. They didn't come into this season a bad football team. They came in a good one. Nobody on that team has improved at all, and if anything, a lot of the veterans have badly regressed. On defense and the OL, especially.

MTK 11-01-2010 12:54 PM

Funny, they're actually 1-6. Guess he's already planning ahead.

GTripp0012 11-01-2010 12:55 PM

Jerry would be wise to remember that the Packers actually have to go out and beat his team before the Cowboys can be 1-7 though.

Just give it a week. :D

firstdown 11-01-2010 12:59 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;754859]Which I think people should remember about the Cowboys. [B]They didn't come into this season a bad football team[/B]. They came in a good one. Nobody on that team has improved at all, and if anything, a lot of the veterans have badly regressed. On defense and the OL, especially.[/quote]

I'd argue that they did come into the season as a bad football team but full of talent. The full of talent is also in question now.

KLHJ2 11-01-2010 01:07 PM

Karma is a bitch isn't it? Remember how bad we were last year? Now Dallas is feeling some of that pain. It feels so much better on this side of the fence though.

skinsfan69 11-01-2010 01:11 PM

They're a mess. Very surprising that their defense is so bad.

skinsfaninok 11-01-2010 01:12 PM

**** Dallas ! I seriously hope they finish 1-15.

44ever 11-01-2010 01:17 PM

Dallas has always been successful when they have a great Coach, a great QB, a great RB, and a great WR. They don't have any of these qualities anymore. I'm actually surprised JJ is dumbfounded.

They made the right choice in sticking it out with Romo IMO, but they have not been able to get that magic combo of players together that they have enjoyed for so many years.

Kinda like the missing Hogs for us.

SmootSmack 11-01-2010 01:31 PM

[quote=Mattyk;754860]Funny, they're actually 1-6. Guess he's already planning ahead.[/quote]

Ha! I was wondering the same thing

Dirtbag59 11-01-2010 01:34 PM

This is a play out of Snyders 2009 playbook. Only difference is that Jerry still thinks he's qualified to play GM.

saden1 11-01-2010 01:44 PM

I guess he wants to fire Wade...who is going to take that job I wonder? Bill Cower?

Dirtbag59 11-01-2010 01:53 PM

[quote=saden1;754886]I guess he wants to fire Wade...who is going to take that job I wonder? Bill Cower?[/quote]

John Fox is the name I'm hearing the most these days. Gruden will (hopefully) choose between San Diego (talented team that can't get over the hump a la Tampa) and Cleveland (Ohio native/Holmgren). Cowher on the other hand won't go anywhere near an owner with a "hands on" reputation. Plus he's probably more interested in the Carolina job.

GTripp0012 11-01-2010 02:10 PM

[quote=firstdown;754863]I'd argue that they did come into the season as a bad football team but full of talent. The full of talent is also in question now.[/quote]Well, then they played above their head for three weeks (mostly on defense) and then reverted to true form later.

Whatever you want to call it.

Monkeydad 11-01-2010 02:38 PM

[quote=Mattyk;754860]Funny, they're actually 1-6. Guess he's already planning ahead.[/quote]

I caught that immediately.

Jerry might as well apologize for 1-15 now. It's inevitable.

LavaRnChad 11-01-2010 03:28 PM

Re: Redskins

I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.

firstdown 11-01-2010 03:54 PM

[quote=Angry;754867]Karma is a bitch isn't it? Remember how bad we were last year? Now Dallas is feeling some of that pain. [B]It feels so much better on this side of the fence though[/B].[/quote]

I'm not sure we have crossed that fence. Maybe half the team is over but we have another half to go.

SouperMeister 11-01-2010 08:31 PM

The best part is that Jerrah is the architect of this sinking ship. He can scapegoat Wade Phillips, but Jerrah assembled the pieces.

Lotus 11-01-2010 08:53 PM

The Cowboys demise helps to make this a great year for football.

freddyg12 11-04-2010 03:30 PM

[quote=Lotus;755209]The Cowboys demise helps to make this a great year for football.[/quote]

along w/Minnesota (which I like) & Farve, it's like a 24 hr. reality show on sports networks.

EARTHQUAKE2689 11-04-2010 03:35 PM

[quote=LavaRnChad;754999]I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.[/quote]

Anything huh?? Glad you're not the GM.

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 04:02 PM

[quote=LavaRnChad;754999]I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.[/quote]

Ah yes, the infamous "but we have 13 pro-bowlers" defense. At this point I would take Bryant out of that list. The others have been nothing special this year, especially on the offensive side (which WP has very little to do with!). Dallas' players, and a lot of others, believe the hype that they are Just So Talented. I am not saying they are bad players, but the team is 1-6, and all those key players you listed have made many errors to get them to that point.

LavaRnChad 11-04-2010 05:50 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756290]Ah yes, the infamous "but we have 13 pro-bowlers" defense. At this point I would take Bryant out of that list. The others have been nothing special this year, especially on the offensive side (which WP has very little to do with!). Dallas' players, and a lot of others, believe the hype that they are Just So Talented. I am not saying they are bad players, but the team is 1-6, and all those key players you listed have made many errors to get them to that point.[/quote]
Is Mc5 better than Romo, no. Is AH better game to game, play to play consistantly better than Ratliff, HELL NO! How about Rabach... Is he better than Gurode, **** no. And we really couldn't use Ware, because Carter and Alexander are tearing it up right now, huh? You said you would only take Bryant? What about M. Austin? You really believe after Tana, we are that good and that deep a WR that we wouldn't need Austin? BWAHAHA!!! I'm a homer to a degree but this homerism at all time levels! Wait a minute... Larry Michael, is that you?

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 06:01 PM

[quote=LavaRnChad;756306]Is Mc5 better than Romo, no. Is AH better game to game, play to play consistantly better than Ratliff, HELL NO! How about Rabach... Is he better than Gurode, **** no. You said you would only take Bryant? What about M. Austin? You really believe after Tana, we are that good and that deep a WR that we wouldn't need Austin? BWAHAHA!!! I'm a homer to a degree but this homerism at all time levels! Wait a minute... Larry Michael, is that you?[/quote]

Mc5 has been to how many playoff games? Romo?

Just because I don't want Rabach doesn't mean I'd take Gurode out of the rest.

M. Austin wouldn't come to play "after Moss" and M. Austin isn't proving himself to be a number 1 receiver. He has had several costly drops.

(I would take a motivated AH over Ratliff any day, but I am not knocking Ratliff)

It's kinda laughable for you to say you are a homer to a degree(unless you mean a Dallas homer) because I haven't seen any positive posts from you that I can recall.

bigtee1975 11-04-2010 06:05 PM

Honestly, as much as I hate Dallas, I am more concerned with us winning than Dallas losing. At this point, we should be 6-2. We had Houston 27-10 and Detroit 25-20 and allowed both teams to stage a comeback. I'm more concerned with our OL playing like crap than Dallas' all pro, 1-6 team. There is no consolation when our team should clearly be further along than we are now.

LavaRnChad 11-04-2010 07:07 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756308]Mc5 has been to how many playoff games? Romo?

Just because I don't want Rabach doesn't mean I'd take Gurode out of the rest.

M. Austin wouldn't come to play "after Moss" and M. Austin isn't proving himself to be a number 1 receiver. He has had several costly drops.

(I would take a motivated AH over Ratliff any day, but I am not knocking Ratliff)

It's kinda laughable for you to say you are a homer to a degree(unless you mean a Dallas homer) because I haven't seen any positive posts from you that I can recall.[/quote]

Playoffs? Okay, I would take Mc5 over Romo 5 years ago, but for the last couple of seasons I would take Romo. Now when I said after Moss, I mean in terms of depth AFTER Moss. But maybe you think Galloway, Armstrong, or the rest of the 4th string WRs are better? Yeah okay. As for being positive... I'm tired of years of suckage. But I will speak positive when I see it. Yes I'm a Skins homer to a degree but I'm a realist like Lavar and Chad, B-Mitch, Czabe, Doc Walker, and a couple others.

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 07:10 PM

[quote=bigtee1975;756310]Honestly, as much as I hate Dallas, I am more concerned with us winning than Dallas losing. At this point, we should be 6-2. We had Houston 27-10 and Detroit 25-20 and allowed both teams to stage a comeback. I'm more concerned with our OL playing like crap than Dallas' all pro, 1-6 team. There is no consolation when our team should clearly be further along than we are now.[/quote]
Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4. Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.

bigtee1975 11-04-2010 07:23 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756320]Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4. Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.[/quote]

There is a difference between a refs call/no-call and a team not able to hold on to a lead. We need to learn how to preserve leads.

We are improved, but I guess I expected more than what I should have.

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 07:41 PM

[quote=LavaRnChad;756319][B]Playoffs? Okay, I would take Mc5 over Romo 5 years ago, but for the last couple of seasons I would take Romo. [/B] Now when I said after Moss, I mean in terms of depth AFTER Moss. But maybe you think Galloway, Armstrong, or the rest of the 4th string WRs are better? Yeah okay. As for being positive... I'm tired of years of suckage. But I will speak positive when I see it. Yes I'm a Skins homer to a degree but I'm a realist like Lavar and Chad, B-Mitch, Czabe, Doc Walker, and a couple others.[/quote]

See, this is crazy talk to me. How has Romo handled his playoff appearances? (wanna talk about holding for a snap.) But more than just that. By your definition the Dallas teams of the last few years have been far more talented than the Eagles teams, yet McNabb has won more playoff games the last 2 years(2 to 1) with far less talent on his team. Romo is a good qb, and the fact that he was undrafted makes his story that much better. But other than riding the wave of Cowboys lovefests this is how he has led his "supertalent" team:
2007 13-3, lost first playoff game
2008 9-7 no playoffs (lost 3 of 4 in dec including a play or go home game against McNabb's team - he lost 44-6)
2009 11-5 finally won a playoff game( and twice against McNabb) only to be blown away by Minnesota
2010 1-5 before he was out by injury

McNabb
2007 8-8 no playoffs
2008 9-6-1 dec rec 3-1 including beating Dallas;playoff record 2-1
2009 11-5 lost to Dallas
2010 4-4 on a team without all the players you want that Tony Romo had the advantage of having

You are a "realist" that wants to blame the Skins even when you need to make a fiction up to do it. You can have those guys you listed (again other than Bryant, who hasn't had time to fall under the entitlement spell of the Cowboys yet) and I will let Shanahan keep plugging away at enforcing discipline and work ethic. I am a homer, I will always like the Skins, and see the glass half full, but that's why I am a fan of them. If I want to p*** and moan about a team, it ain't worth my time to follow them.

Hog1 11-04-2010 07:41 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756320]Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

[B]We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4.[/B] Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.[/quote]

Correct.......shoulda's don't count either way

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 07:44 PM

[quote=bigtee1975;756322]There is a difference between a refs call/no-call and a team not able to hold on to a lead. We need to learn how to preserve leads.

We are improved, but I guess I expected more than what I should have.[/quote]

And I agree with you. I wanted to see a lot more as well, but I am happy to see a team that goes on the field every game and plays tough and doesn't embarass themselves with a lack of effort or coaching.

LavaRnChad 11-04-2010 09:43 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756323]See, this is crazy talk to me. How has Romo handled his playoff appearances? (wanna talk about holding for a snap.) But more than just that. By your definition the Dallas teams of the last few years have been far more talented than the Eagles teams, yet McNabb has won more playoff games the last 2 years(2 to 1) with far less talent on his team. Romo is a good qb, and the fact that he was undrafted makes his story that much better. But other than riding the wave of Cowboys lovefests this is how he has led his "supertalent" team:
2007 13-3, lost first playoff game
2008 9-7 no playoffs (lost 3 of 4 in dec including a play or go home game against McNabb's team - he lost 44-6)
2009 11-5 finally won a playoff game( and twice against McNabb) only to be blown away by Minnesota
2010 1-5 before he was out by injury

McNabb
2007 8-8 no playoffs
2008 9-6-1 dec rec 3-1 including beating Dallas;playoff record 2-1
2009 11-5 lost to Dallas
2010 4-4 on a team without all the players you want that Tony Romo had the advantage of having

You are a "realist" that wants to blame the Skins even when you need to make a fiction up to do it. You can have those guys you listed (again other than Bryant, who hasn't had time to fall under the entitlement spell of the Cowboys yet) and I will let Shanahan keep plugging away at enforcing discipline and work ethic. I am a homer, I will always like the Skins, and see the glass half full, but that's why I am a fan of them. If I want to p*** and moan about a team, it ain't worth my time to follow them.[/quote]
I didn't know Dallas had super talent, but they have a couple of very good players, I don't care what team they play for. You think Cowboys fans wouldn't take Rak, Fletcher, Landry, or Moss? I guess Doc Walker has a lovefest with D-Ware because I've heard him call Ware the best pass rusher in the game numerous times. Now I love the Skins, but just like B-Mitch and Lavar, I'm going to keep it real.

CRedskinsRule 11-04-2010 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=LavaRnChad;756335]I didn't know Dallas had super talent, but they have a couple of very good players, I don't care what team they play for. You think Cowboys fans wouldn't take Rak, Fletcher, Landry, or Moss? I guess Doc Walker has a lovefest with D-Ware because I've heard him call Ware the best pass rusher in the game numerous times. Now I love the Skins, but just like B-Mitch and Lavar, I'm going to keep it real.[/QUOTE]
I hate the "I'm going to keep it real" especially when bad info accompanies it. You said Romo was better over the past 5 years then McNabb but by what their team accomplished McNabbs records are equal or better with lesser talent(according to you)

Austin has had one good year and faded this year, but you'd rather him then moss (if you aren't comparing equal positions then you aren't keeping it real cuz I would love c johnson a johnson and s moss as our wrs but they aren't all coming to one team. Just keepin it real.

Gurode is better than rabach but if I'm keeping it real I don't want gurode I want the jets center.

Ware is having a good year and is a good player but I am ok with orakpo and not ware. More upside and close enough in talent that arguing on or the other is unreal

Jones over torain or portis NOT this year

Etc etc.
You want to bash the skins and disguise it as keeping it real but when I counter with legitimate proofs against your "real" statements you simply cling to a mantra and prove nothing. Dallas is 1-6 if you want to have their players go root for them. Me I am syked by what our poor wobegotten misfit players have accomplished.
Come to think of it, I remember a similar circumstance when a group of scabs went up against "the Cowboys". How did that one end?

1-6. Talent ain't nothin if you don't get the wins.

SirClintonPortis 11-04-2010 11:07 PM

Romo and Mcnabb are not deserving of the upper echelon of QB'ing they are sometimes placed in. I would take Sam Bradford over McNabb anyday.

That said, Romo has a slight edge because his WTF moments are balanced out better.

LavaRnChad 11-05-2010 12:25 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;756339]I hate the "I'm going to keep it real" especially when bad info accompanies it. You said Romo was better over the past 5 years then McNabb but by what their team accomplished McNabbs records are equal or better with lesser talent(according to you)

Austin has had one good year and faded this year, but you'd rather him then moss (if you aren't comparing equal positions then you aren't keeping it real cuz I would love c johnson a johnson and s moss as our wrs but they aren't all coming to one team. Just keepin it real.

Gurode is better than rabach but if I'm keeping it real I don't want gurode I want the jets center.

Ware is having a good year and is a good player but I am ok with orakpo and not ware. More upside and close enough in talent that arguing on or the other is unreal

Jones over torain or portis NOT this year

Etc etc.
You want to bash the skins and disguise it as keeping it real but when I counter with legitimate proofs against your "real" statements you simply cling to a mantra and prove nothing. Dallas is 1-6 if you want to have their players go root for them. Me I am syked by what our poor wobegotten misfit players have accomplished.
Come to think of it, I remember a similar circumstance when a group of scabs went up against "the Cowboys". How did that one end?

1-6. Talent ain't nothin if you don't get the wins.[/quote] I never said Austin OVER Moss. Austin WITH Moss. Behind Moss we have nothing consistant. You said Austin fell off? Could it have anything to do with Williams picking his game up along with passes to Dez and Witten? I never said Ware over Rak. I said I would like to have those players I never said they were the best in the NFL so what do the Johnsons have to do with it? Aside Ware I would replace my choices also with better players, but I was talking about the players being wasted in Dallas by them underachieving. These players led Dallas as division champs and a playoff win just last year.

LavaRnChad 11-05-2010 01:17 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;756343]Romo and Mcnabb are not deserving of the upper echelon of QB'ing they are sometimes placed in. I would take Sam Bradford over McNabb anyday.

That said, Romo has a slight edge because his WTF moments are balanced out better.[/quote]

I would take M. Stafford. I was impressed with how well he played after a long layoff despite the rust.

CRedskinsRule 11-05-2010 08:46 AM

[quote=LavaRnChad;756345]I never said Austin OVER Moss. Austin WITH Moss. Behind Moss we have nothing consistant. You said Austin fell off? Could it have anything to do with Williams picking his game up along with passes to Dez and Witten? I never said Ware over Rak. I said I would like to have those players I never said they were the best in the NFL so what do the Johnsons have to do with it? Aside Ware I would replace my choices also with better players, but I was talking about the players being wasted in Dallas by them underachieving. These players led Dallas as division champs and a playoff win just last year.[/quote]
Have you watched Dallas games, Austin fell off, he has been dropping passes alot. Now either that means Romo is not getting him the ball right, or he is not catching them. Again you say keeping it real, but your point that started this was that you would take a list of players from Dallas, well great, every team has some players I would take. I would not purposefully take any one of the players you listed over another player on a different team, because none are the best at their position, so why try to tout them or blow their horn, when they as a team are 1-6 and the play on the field has been sub-par. I don't really care what they did last year, because the division last year really ended with major dropoffss or underwhelming play. Fact is that group has been together for nearly four years, and always have excuses as to why their awesome talent is winning SB after SB after SB. First it was TO, then it was dirty play by the Vikings, now it's the HC. Like I said, you want to keep it real, then you have to acknowledge that they just aren't as good as the media and press have built them up to be.

Again, I am not saying they are horrible, but to your quote:
[quote]Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.[/quote] I call BS. No, I wouldn't give "anything" to have those sad sacks(minus DB) on our team and the fact that you would says you are lost in the DDZ (Dallas Dream Zone), where it's never about the players failing to make plays, and always about some evil plot to keep them down.

Just keeping it real.

SmootSmack 11-05-2010 08:56 AM

Austin's problem is that he broke up with Kim Kardashian, and I've told him as much. Lamar Odom+Khloe=Championship. Reggie Bush+Kim=Championship. It's really quite simple

CRedskinsRule 11-05-2010 09:05 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;756367]Austin's problem is that he broke up with Kim Kardashian, and I've told him as much. Lamar Odom+Khloe=Championship. Reggie Bush+Kim=Championship. It's really quite simple[/quote]

Now THAT'S keeping it real:food-smil