Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Week 1 - Post-game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64869)

sdskinsfan2001 09-12-2021 04:35 PM

Week 1 - Post-game Thread

Herbert is a fucking boss. He puts the ball right where it needs to be.

That being said, our defense is WAY OVERRATED. Dudes were just wide ass open. And when they weren't, Herbert threw great balls, and their WRs were just tougher than our DBs.

If you want to score just keep throwing the ball against us.

Gibson looked good, but if you can't protect the ball, you can't play. 2 fumbles is unacceptable. The 2nd, being a backbreaker after a great pick by Jackson.

Juste was right on top of guys, just couldn't finish. I'm excited about him.

skinsfaninok 09-12-2021 04:43 PM

Re: Week 1 - Post-game Thread

The difference was QB play, Fitz and Heineke are no Herbert, in today nfl you better have a legit passer. I do think we’ll get it going and win Thursday against a very good defense in the giants. Overall it looks more of the same tho. Average team at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 09-12-2021 04:53 PM

I couldn’t be more disappointed in our Oline and dline play.

Got handled in the trenches

Chico23231 09-12-2021 04:55 PM

We got handed got gift calls…easily could have been beaten by 20

skinsfaninok 09-12-2021 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1289952]We got handed got gift calls…easily could have been beaten by 20[/QUOTE]

From the first drive on, that dame was never ours even after the lead.

mooby 09-12-2021 04:56 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1289939]Herbert is a fucking boss. He puts the ball right where it needs to be.

[B]That being said, our defense is WAY OVERRATED.[/B] Dudes were just wide ass open. And when they weren't, Herbert threw great balls, and their WRs were just tougher than our DBs.

Gibson looked good, but if you can't protect the ball, you can't play. 2 fumbles is unacceptable. The 2nd, being a backbreaker after a great pick by Jackson.

Juste was right on top of guys, just couldn't finish. I'm excited about him.[/quote]

The thing that is most frustrating to me is all the talk about what a great defense we have, top defensive line in the NFL - experts picking us to win today on the strength of our d performance.

Meanwhile we know - if the defensive line isn't dominant - we don't stand a chance. This team is not good enough to pick up the slack if the best part of our team isn't effective.

I'm pretty sick of all the pre-game talk. Everybody got all hyped up before the game started and for what? So we can watch our d get walked down the field on the first drive?

The announcers were all over Herbert's jock today and for good reason. Other than a good play here and there from our d-line he did whatever he wanted on the field today.

Teams know the plan now. Get the ball out quick and you will neutralize this so called "top defensive line" of the NFL. If you neutralize them we got nothing.

GridIron26 09-12-2021 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1289950]I couldn’t be more disappointed in our Oline and dline play.

Got handled in the trenches[/QUOTE]This..

Also I'm disappointed Rivera decided to punt instead of going for it on the last drive.

mooby 09-12-2021 04:57 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1289952]We got handed got gift calls…easily could have been beaten by 20[/quote]

+1

The "fumble" Herbert had - that was a gift call.

The RTP call on Bosa - another gift.

We missed a call on the Gibson facemask early but the refs more than made up for it.

sdskinsfan2001 09-12-2021 04:58 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1289950]I couldn’t be more disappointed in our Oline and dline play.

Got handled in the trenches[/quote]

Scherff is a rat just like Cousins. Shouldn't have franchise tagged him even once. A 2nd time is embarrassing.

We drafted a longsnapper and gave Scherff all that money, meanwhile LB is a black hole.

Ruhskins 09-12-2021 04:58 PM

[quote=mooby;1289955]The thing that is most frustrating to me is all the talk about what a great defense we have, top defensive line in the NFL - experts picking us to win today on the strength of our d performance.

Meanwhile we know - if the defensive line isn't dominant - we don't stand a chance. This team is not good enough to pick up the slack if the best part of our team isn't effective.

I'm pretty sick of all the pre-game talk. Everybody got all hyped up before the game started and for what? So we can watch our d get walked down the field on the first drive?

The announcers were all over Herbert's jock today and for good reason. Other than a flash here and there he did whatever he wanted on the field today.

[B]Teams know the plan now. Get the ball out quick and you will neutralize this so called "top defensive line" of the NFL.[/B] If you neutralize them we got nothing.[/quote]

I mean, that's how you neutralize any defensive line. Not every offense is going to be able to do it. I mean ours couldn't.

CRedskinsRule 09-12-2021 04:58 PM

Best surprises:
Special Teams. All around great start to the year
Gibson running. He did really well, minus the fumbles.
WJ3 int

Worst points:
DL pressure. Or lack thereof, I wanted more from Ionnaidis and Payne. Chase was a no show again

Fitz?? The offense had no spark with him. He didn't target McLaurin once??

Big props to Herbert, that guy was crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

sdskinsfan2001 09-12-2021 04:59 PM

Did Jamin Davis even record an actual stat?

mooby 09-12-2021 05:00 PM

I didn't see Jamin Davis making any plays, but I cut him slack knowing it's probably going to take him a while to get comfortable.

St. Juste is another rookie - I saw plenty of him getting beat today but it's to be expected, the last time we had a defensive rookie come out and play like a pro from the gate might've been ST.

Ruhskins 09-12-2021 05:01 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1289952]We got handed got gift calls…easily could have been beaten by 20[/quote]

We gifted the Chargers the ball in our own RZ, late in the game. I don't understand how much people are underestimating this. That was basically the end of the game.

mooby 09-12-2021 05:02 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1289959]I mean, that's how you neutralize any defensive line. [B]Not every offense is going to be able to do it.[/B] I mean ours couldn't.[/quote]

This is true. I think we as a fanbase underestimated the Chargers offense for whatever reason - without realizing Herbert was very legit as a rookie last year.

EdmundDorf 09-12-2021 05:02 PM

Didn't seem to think about McClaurin and Thomas until Heinicki came then forgot about them in the 4th. As for the defence, I am not sure if was scheme, zone, or blown assigments but either way it goes back to coaching. Naively thought that in its second year the defence could take a step.
It seems to have been a step backwards though. When a QB goes 14 of 18 on 3rd down and barely breaks a sweat when winding down the clock thats unforgivable, whoever the QB is. Our schedule is full of good QBs this year, if you want to be considered a serious contender you need to able to handle good QBs

CRedskinsRule 09-12-2021 05:03 PM

Oh and the McLaurin catch was just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 09-12-2021 05:03 PM

[quote=mooby;1289962]I didn't see Jamin Davis making any plays, but I cut him slack knowing it's probably going to take him a while to get comfortable.

[B]St. Juste is another rookie [/B]- I saw plenty of him getting beat today but it's to be expected, the last time we had a defensive rookie come out and play like a pro from the gate might've been ST.[/quote]

I don't understand how and why we don't have our best DB shadow the opponents best WR. I saw way too many instances of St. Juste getting owned, as expected, by K. Allen. Who the f*ck thinks this is a good idea.

Chico23231 09-12-2021 05:06 PM

Our Oline in pass protection was horse shit. Heineken most of the time had no time to throw and Fitz was hit and knocked out game

Leno and Cosmi were not just bad but terrible. I saw Bates miss a block and almost got Heineken killed.

Oline ran the ball decent, but pass protection sucked.

I don’t want to hear about our dline…embarrassing.

So after a year, Cole Holcomb is still our only LB

FrenchSkin 09-12-2021 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=mooby;1289962]I didn't see Jamin Davis making any plays, but I cut him slack knowing it's probably going to take him a while to get comfortable.

St. Juste is another rookie - I saw plenty of him getting beat today but it's to be expected, the last time we had a defensive rookie come out and play like a pro from the gate might've been ST.[/QUOTE]St Juste wasn't that bad, but he's a rookie and him getting targeted as he was was foreseeable...

Call me arm chair GM all you want, but cutting Moreland didn't look like a good decision today.

Nor did not signing any LB...

And (but that'd be the most logical of the 3) neither did cutting Moses.

Those 3 questionable decisions are already biting us in our asses...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

EdmundDorf 09-12-2021 05:17 PM

Leno hasn't been worth dumping Moses, think Ron wanted to get rid of Moses though. Leno hasn't been great. Cosmi was a rookie in his first game playing mostly without help against Joey Bosa. Not many veterans would have played that well

mooby 09-12-2021 05:19 PM

[url]https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/09/12/pipe-bursts-fedex-field-possibly-spilling-sewage-on-washington-football-fans-during-season-opener/?fbclid=IwAR1rlfpfUWbBBN0fLrTQ6wrkLfbWAzffeqG0QLsMJczaz64Nq2EeFFmTD2s[/url]

"They called the shit poop!"

"Our team wasn't the only thing looking like shit at Fedex Field today"

*Note - the team has said this was a water pipe, so it's entirely possible the only shit at Fedex Field today was on the field.

Ruhskins 09-12-2021 05:20 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1289973]St Juste wasn't that bad, but he's a rookie and him getting targeted as he was was foreseeable...

Call me arm chair GM all you want, but cutting Moreland didn't look like a good decision today.

Nor did not signing any LB...

And (but that'd be the most logical of the 3) neither did cutting Moses.

Those 3 questionable decisions are already biting us in our asses...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk[/quote]

St. Juste looked bad, because any 3rd or 4th string CB is going to look bad going up against Kennan Allen. Again, the only DBs covering Allen should have been Fuller or WJ3.

FrenchSkin 09-12-2021 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1289976]St. Juste looked bad, because any 3rd or 4th string CB is going to look bad going up against Kennan Allen. Again, the only DBs covering Allen should have been Fuller or WJ3.[/QUOTE]Agreed, but you're not going to be able to dictate match ups on 100% of snaps, so rotating the rookie out with a proven slot CB who was top of the league in many advanced stats would have been a nice option...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

mooby 09-12-2021 05:25 PM

[url]https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1437151764482953217[/url]

Chargers Twitter clapping back at ESPN's pre-game prediction.

Edit: [URL="https://twitter.com/liamaris24/status/1437151841284988928/photo/1"]NFLN went 0-4 on us too[/URL].

Really hope nobody picks us to win in 4 days.

punch it in 09-12-2021 06:05 PM

I don’t even give a fuck anymore. Lol. Losers are gonna lose.

sdskinsfan2001 09-12-2021 06:11 PM

[quote=mooby;1289964]This is true. I think we as a fanbase underestimated the Chargers offense for whatever reason - without realizing Herbert was very legit as a rookie last year.[/quote]

I'd argue that the strength of the team was supposed to be our defense. So even if we played a good QB, we were supposed to make it tough. They did no such thing. Herbert destroyed our D.

nonniey 09-12-2021 06:12 PM

Switched from the Redskins to the Texans for my survivor pool pick. Only good thing about today.

sdskinsfan2001 09-12-2021 06:13 PM

[quote=punch it in;1289979]I don’t even give a fuck anymore. Lol. Losers are gonna lose.[/quote]

I won't care until tomorrow, then we will lose to the Giants again Thursday, and it will perpetuate itself.

P.S. - wow, Falcons you guys suck ass.

skinsfan69 09-12-2021 06:34 PM

I am watching the Saints d abuse Green Bay. Just abuse them. Why can't our defense dominate a game like this? With all the hype they were getting I would expect a performance like this. Saints are not even playing at home and they are just flying around like a bunch of angry fucks.

skinsfan69 09-12-2021 06:35 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1289939]Herbert is a fucking boss. He puts the ball right where it needs to be.

That being said, our defense is WAY OVERRATED. Dudes were just wide ass open. And when they weren't, Herbert threw great balls, and their WRs were just tougher than our DBs.

Juste was right on top of guys, just couldn't finish. I'm excited about him.[/quote]

Herbert made some great throws but that is cause no one touched him all game long. Meanwhile they knocked our QB out of the game.

skinsfan69 09-12-2021 06:35 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1289950]I couldn’t be more disappointed in our Oline and dline play.

Got handled in the trenches[/quote]

This

Chief X_Phackter 09-12-2021 06:44 PM

There was a lot to not like today, but but I'm not going to overreact. It's one game out of 17, against a really good AFC opponent. They have a great chance of actually winning that division over the Chiefs in my opinion.

sevier2 09-12-2021 06:56 PM

Disappointing loss for sure but I’m not as down on our defense as some here seem to be.

Herbert is legit and puts pressure on any defense. Chargers also ran 79 plays vs. our 48, in the first game of the year. Defense was gassed by the end of it.

Offense seemed a bit stagnant at times but I felt moved better with Heinecke. Whether or not Fitz would have settled in and picked up his play is unknown.

Short week coming up but hopefully this serves as a wake up call and we can finally give Danny Dimes his first loss against us.

rocnrik 09-12-2021 07:04 PM

This all starts with somebody in this organization understanding that the QB is the most important player in the game .. we enter the draft and it’s like we are good at that position.. uh , no we are not .. How many number one picks on our D ? And it was bad today .. every damn one of those picks could have gotten us a QB .. With our Current QB situation we all knew that our D would have to be elite to have a chance at winning the weakest division in football.. well elite it’s not .. so where are we now .. since I didn’t predict a record I will now 6-11

OmahaRedskins 09-12-2021 07:11 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1289986]There was a lot to not like today, but but I'm not going to overreact. It's one game out of 17, against a really good AFC opponent. They have a great chance of actually winning that division over the Chiefs in my opinion.[/quote]

We still do not have a QB. The offense needs to be able to score more than 16 points. We couldn't score touchdowns in the pre-season and we couldn't today.

The defense held them to 20 points.

They lost the turnover battle, missed a FG, and our stud RB put the ball on the turf twice.

PorkSkins 09-12-2021 07:14 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1289986]There was a lot to not like today, but but I'm not going to overreact. It's one game out of 17, against a really good AFC opponent. They have a great chance of actually winning that division over the Chiefs in my opinion.[/quote]

I never overreact after Week 1. It's an extension of the preseason IMO. Let's see how things transpire over the next few weeks.

mooby 09-12-2021 07:18 PM

[url]https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1437145669706285059?s=21[/url]

LMAO

Chargers Twitter has no chill.

punch it in 09-12-2021 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=sdskinsfan2001;1289982]I won't care until tomorrow, then we will lose to the Giants again Thursday, and it will perpetuate itself.

P.S. - wow, Falcons you guys suck ass.[/QUOTE]

There are a handful of teams who have a chance to win it all, there are a handful of teams who are trending in that direction, and than there are teams like us that have zero chance to win it all. I enjoy watching football still, like this Chiefs Browns game. There is no chance I watch two of the worst teams in the league on Thursday. This team has finally sucked the fandom out of the sport. Im all about fantasy, and just watching the best matchups. Who the hell wants to watch Fitzpatrick and Jones “battle” it out? Lol

skinsfaninok 09-12-2021 07:25 PM

[quote=punch it in;1289998]There are a handful of teams who have a chance to win it all, there are a handful of teams who are trending in that direction, and than there are teams like us that have zero chance to win it all. I enjoy watching football still, like this Chiefs Browns game. There is no chance I watch two of the worst teams in the league on Thursday. This team has finally sucked the fandom out of the sport. Im all about fantasy, and just watching the best matchups. Who the hell wants to watch Fitzpatrick and Jones “battle” it out? Lol[/quote]

I'll watch but if they lose I won't give a shit