Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64339)

MTK 03-03-2019 05:45 PM

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

[url]https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823219-josh-rosen-trade-rumors-redskins-have-openly-discussed-qb-if-made-available[/url]

I say make it happen, we could luck into a great situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinsfanatic 03-03-2019 05:51 PM

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

[quote=MTK;1219323][url]https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823219-josh-rosen-trade-rumors-redskins-have-openly-discussed-qb-if-made-available[/url]

I say make it happen, we could luck into a great situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Make it happen at what price? Not our #1, right?

Chico23231 03-03-2019 05:52 PM

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Yeah if he throws in a young defensive player we should go burn dc down to the ground.

He better not do anything super fuckin desperate

MTK 03-03-2019 06:00 PM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1219324]Make it happen at what price? Not our #1, right?[/quote]

That’s the question. I wouldn’t hate it if we gave up #15 but obviously I’d like to not give up that pick. Since there will be other teams involved that’s what it might take.

skinsfaninok 03-03-2019 06:26 PM

I think a 2nd rd pick is good comp. Take BPA at #15. Or trade back from 15 add that 2nd back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skinsfanatic 03-03-2019 06:48 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1219329]I think a 2nd rd pick is good comp. Take BPA at #15. Or trade back from 15 add that 2nd back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

See, I could see Rosen and the 33rd pick for the 15th pick.

DYoungJelly 03-03-2019 07:16 PM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1219330]See, I could see Rosen and the 33rd pick for the 15th pick.[/quote]

We really have no idea where and when the perceived talent really falls off.

There are some defensive genetic freaks in this year's draft and some top tier talent at TE and OL.

I would not want to pass on one of those guys for Rosen and a Trent Murphy, Sua Cravens, Ryan Anderson type pick.

Rosen is such an unknown with the S-show that was the Cardinals' offense last year.

If Jay, Kyle Smith, and Doug believe it is worth it then shoot but Bruce and Dan will make the decision while watching Mandy in the middle of the Atlantic on the IMAX.

Skinsfanatic 03-03-2019 07:24 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1219331]We really have no idea where and when the perceived talent really falls off.

There are some defensive genetic freaks in this year's draft and some top tier talent at TE and OL.

I would not want to pass on one of those guys for Rosen and a Trent Murphy, Sua Cravens, Ryan Anderson type pick.

Rosen is such an unknown with the S-show that was the Cardinals' offense last year.

If Jay, Kyle Smith, and Doug believe it is worth it then shoot but Bruce and Dan will make the decision while watching Mandy in the middle of the Atlantic on the IMAX.[/quote]

I think the 33rd pick is an awesome pick to have if we can get it pre-draft as part of a trade like the one I mentioned above. If someone is there that we like, they are probably a first round talent. If we want to sell the pick, you get A WHOLE DAY to auction it off to the highest bidder for someone who wants to move up to get someone they covet in day 2.

Randall Nestor 03-03-2019 07:41 PM

I figure it would take at least the 15th pick for Rosen. I just hope it doesn't include a young defensive player, but after the deal for Alex Smith i'm a little concerned. It seems like we get screwed a lot on these deals. I understand that they think Murry is a franchise guy, but i hope they do their homework first. It may be just smoke.

skinsfan69 03-03-2019 07:48 PM

My only issue is trading for Rosen is Allen will be in charge of it. His track record speaks for itself. Not one time since he's been here has a QB trade worked in our favor.

DYoungJelly 03-03-2019 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=Randall Nestor;1219333]I figure it would take at least the 15th pick for Rosen. I just hope it doesn't include a young defensive player, but after the deal for Alex Smith i'm a little concerned. It seems like we get screwed a lot on these deals. I understand that they think Murry is a franchise guy, but i hope they do their homework first. It may be just smoke.[/QUOTE]Why would the price for Rosen be a first round pick?

We could pick another qb in the first round at 15.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Skinsfanatic 03-03-2019 08:41 PM

[url]https://twitter.com/i/status/1102383186196217856[/url]

MTK 03-03-2019 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1219335]Why would the price for Rosen be a first round pick?

We could pick another qb in the first round at 15.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn’t the price be a 1st? He was 10th overall last year and nobody is going to hold it against him that he played behind a dreadful OL on the worst team in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 03-03-2019 09:05 PM

Josh Rosen is going to be a Redskin. It's bound to happen, and yes I'll get his Jersey asap. Been a big Rosen guy for a couple years now. Kid has all the tools. The only Question is what will it cost ?

DYoungJelly 03-03-2019 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1219337]Why wouldn’t the price be a 1st? He was 10th overall last year and nobody is going to hold it against him that he played behind a dreadful OL on the worst team in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]The Cards are.

If he is still a first round talent, why aren't they keeping him as a cheap insurance policy against a Murray bust?

Like Shanny did with Kirk. The Cards know him better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 03-03-2019 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1219339]The Cards are.

If he is still a first round talent, why aren't they keeping him as a cheap insurance policy against a Murray bust?

Like Shanny did with Kirk. The Cards know him better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Because they can get value for him, plus you don't keep a top 10 pick on the bench.

Skinsfanatic 03-03-2019 10:17 PM

How about a conditional 2020 pick? If he ends up being good enough to be our QB of the future (based on measurable outcomes obviously) they get our first. If not, they get a 2nd or third based on just how well he played.

Chico23231 03-03-2019 11:11 PM

It’s gonna be a first for Rosen...whether it’s Miami, Skins, or Patriots. It will be a first

SFREDSKIN 03-03-2019 11:37 PM

To get Rosen they will have to part with more than the 15th pick, Arizona gave up their 1st, 3rd and 5th rounders to move up to get Rosen last year. Throw in Zack Brown or Josh Doctson.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929007/article/cardinals-trade-up-to-get-josh-rosen-at-no-10[/url]

skinsfan69 03-03-2019 11:47 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1219344]To get Rosen they will have to part with more than the 15th pick, Arizona gave up their 1st, 3rd and 5th rounders to move up to get Rosen last year. Throw in Zack Brown or Josh Doctson.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929007/article/cardinals-trade-up-to-get-josh-rosen-at-no-10[/url][/quote]

I would pass on him then. We should just go ahead and draft our own guy. Rosen didn't show enough to warrant that kind of compensation.

Irrefutable 03-04-2019 12:08 AM

If the price is right for Rosen he will just be about a $1.3 million cap hit for Washington. The Cards paid him a $10 million dollar signing bonus last year.

mooby 03-04-2019 06:46 AM

The Cards know Rosen better than anyone. If they felt like he still had potential, there wouldn't even be a discussion. That 1st overall pick would be dedicated to picking the BPA, not the BQA (best qb available), or they would put the pick on the block so they can pick up more draft picks to improve the team elsewhere.

I'd pass for a 1st rounder. I think whoever trades for him is going to regret it in a few years. He'd be a good value for a later pick, not a first.

Chico23231 03-04-2019 08:16 AM

The question of should we trade for Rosen simply doesn't cut it when talking about Bruce Allen lead franchise. Why?

He has proven he cannot be trusted to pull off an equitable trade time and time again for the QB position. He's not good at this...he's the worst in the league at this. FACT. We have been forced into a desperate situation yet again.

Tedskins 03-04-2019 08:28 AM

Rosen at 15 would still be better than any QB that could be available in this year's draft. With Miami and NE still in the market, our second round may not do it.

MTK 03-04-2019 08:28 AM

[URL="https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Greg-Cosell-says-Josh-Rosen-is-a-better-prospect-than-Jared-Goff-was-117426147/"]Greg Cosell: Josh Rosen is a better prospect than Jared Goff was[/URL]

I think he would be a great fit here

skinsfaninok 03-04-2019 08:33 AM

Word is Miami wants Haskins, but Oakland is also very interested. NE won't trade a 1st for Rosen, that's not their style. Bill can find a QB like Grier in the 2nd rd and mold him. The only other competition for him IMO is the Giants.

Honestly it makes too much sense, he fits Jay's offense perfectly.

MTK 03-04-2019 08:45 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1219348]The question of should we trade for Rosen simply doesn't cut it when talking about Bruce Allen lead franchise. Why?

He has proven he cannot be trusted to pull off an equitable trade time and time again for the QB position. He's not good at this...he's the worst in the league at this. FACT. We have been forced into a desperate situation yet again.[/quote]

At least in this situation the contract is already taken care of.

skinsfaninok 03-04-2019 08:54 AM

Redskins fans on twitter crack me up, they didn't want Kyler Murray but now all of the sudden they do... They said "this team needs a QB" But don't like Josh Rosen.. At least the team is all in on finding a QB, we all knew Colt Mccoy wasn't going to be the day 1 starter.

Chico23231 03-04-2019 08:56 AM

[quote=MTK;1219352]At least in this situation the contract is already taken care of.[/quote]

Yeah that's great actually. I just don't want a multiple pick deal or young talent anywhere included.

Now if we could pull a NBA-like salary dump such as Jordan Reed-2nd Round pick for Rosen...then that's much different than Matty I and a first round pick where we are giving up big young talent and creating another hole.

K.Fuller hurt us big time last year because we really struggled in slot protection and he was one of the best. Cooley mentioned we probably need to go out and get a Slot coverage guy this offseason...Morenau is more a boundry guy.

Skinsfanatic 03-04-2019 08:58 AM

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/cardinals-might-not-get-much-back-if-they-trade-josh-rosen/?sf208836517=1[/url]

MTK 03-04-2019 08:59 AM

If the Skins can get this done without giving up 1.15 it will be a huge win.

skinsfaninok 03-04-2019 09:02 AM

[quote=Skinsfanatic;1219355][url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/cardinals-might-not-get-much-back-if-they-trade-josh-rosen/?sf208836517=1[/url][/quote]

if we get him for a 3 WOW

Chico23231 03-04-2019 09:03 AM

[quote=MTK;1219356]If the Skins can get this done without giving up 1.15 it will be a huge win.[/quote]

Seems unlikely. Teams at the end of the draft round looking for their next QB like the Patriots and San Diego are serious threats to the Skins. People always forget how the Patriots have constantly drafted QB relatively high (2nd, 3rd round) in the Brady era.

skinsfaninok 03-04-2019 09:08 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1219358]Seems unlikely. Teams at the end of the draft round looking for their next QB like the Patriots and San Diego are serious threats to the Skins. People always forget how the Patriots have constantly drafted QB relatively high (2nd, 3rd round) in the Brady era.[/quote]

Yeah but they don't trade for QB's often, plus it doesn't look like TB12 is done anytime soon unfortunately. Now Chargers I could see

skinsfaninok 03-04-2019 09:32 AM

Peyton Manning on Rosen after the season ended " Josh is an extremely smart QB that had the kitchen sink thrown at him this season"

"He had a tough going but don't let the numbers fool you"

Remember folks Manning had 20+ Ints his rookie year.

Skinsfanatic 03-04-2019 09:41 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1219357]if we get him for a 3 WOW[/quote]

If that is ACTUALLY the range of compensation the Cardinals are looking at, offer our 3rd and 5th round compensatory picks and just make it happen now. If it works out, he's a steal. If he turns out to be a bust, draft Tua next year.

MTK 03-04-2019 09:50 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1219360]Peyton Manning on Rosen after the season ended " Josh is an extremely smart QB that had the kitchen sink thrown at him this season"

"He had a tough going but don't let the numbers fool you"

Remember folks Manning had 20+ Ints his rookie year.[/quote]

Bad team, horrible offensive line, he really had no shot at success

Even with that he showed some flashes and the arm talent is definitely there

Buffalo Bob 03-04-2019 10:03 AM

A team wants to get rid of their top 10 pick after just one season and nobody sees a red flag? As a UCLA fan who watched a lot of their games he seemed to be someone who looked a lot better in the box score than in games. He ran up his stats against poor opponents and did poorly against the better opponents. At his ceiling he would be Kirk Cousins 2.0, someone who saves his worst mistakes for crucial moments and can't beat top ranked opponents.

Schneed10 03-04-2019 10:09 AM

He's definitely worth our first rounder. Remember we wouldn't have to pay the signing bonus so he'd only occupy like $2M in cap space for us.

As a player I think he's a better prospect than any of the QBs available this year.

GridIron26 03-04-2019 10:10 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1219363][B]A team wants to get rid of their top 10 pick after just one season and nobody sees a red flag?[/B] As a UCLA fan who watched a lot of their games he seemed to be someone who looked a lot better in the box score than in games. He ran up his stats against poor opponents and did poorly against the better opponents. At his ceiling he would be Kirk Cousins 2.0, someone who saves his worst mistakes for crucial moments and can't beat top ranked opponents.[/quote]

I think it's more about how Rosen is bad fit for new coach's system, than it is about Rosen's talents. I didn't watch Arizona's games last year and I don't watch college ball so I don't know much about Rosen other than the hype. If Gruden feels Rosen is a good fit for his system and we can get him for 2nd or 3rd round pick, I would be satisfied with this move.