Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Campbell's numbers dont lie (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32242)

Green1 09-28-2009 06:31 PM

Campbell's numbers dont lie

Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be benched but his numbers are great.
1. Rating: 92.5 Higher than Brady, Big Ben, C. Palmer, Cutler, and Rivers
2. 9th in passing yards: More that Rodgers, Ryan, Palmer, E. Manning, & Cutler
3. 5th in the Comp. Percent. 67.6%: Higher than everyone in the league except P. Manning, Brees, Big Ben, and Chad Penn.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie!

GTripp0012 09-28-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

He's off to his best start as a pro, and even the sack rate which is probably the most important stat that isn't contained in QB rating is down around career-best levels.

I think he needs to protect the football better, especially on play action plays. He's almost regressed from last year in that respect.

DynamiteRave 09-28-2009 06:37 PM

Good stats, except for how many TDs he's thrown. Where's that stat? You could have a 130 QB rating and 4000+ yards, but at the end of the day when you're not putting the ball in the endzone... Yeah... Almost makes everything else moot.

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.

theJBexperience 09-28-2009 06:37 PM

Are you serious? What about his 3rd down conversion % or his red zone % or TD passes or Ws.

Dirtbag59 09-28-2009 06:39 PM

The thing I wonder though is what are his numbers when the team puts the ball in his hands on 3rd down. I know as a team the Redskins are 14/37 (38%) on third downs but at the same time our opponents are over 50% against our defense with 22/43 (51%).

dmvskinzfan08 09-28-2009 06:40 PM

[quote=Green1;598742]Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be bench but his numbers are great.
3. 5th in the Comp. Percent. 67.6%: Higher than everyone in the league except P. Manning, Brees, Big Ben, and Chad Penn.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie![/quote]

Thanks for posting this I have been saying this for a while. Even his stretch last year when he didn't throw an interception for a while. He led the NFL with the "least ints for a minimum of 500 passes thrown. But we will just run him off then he will come back to hunt us landing somewhere in the NFC. Write it down.

People say he doesn't have a quick release. You can't have a quick release when no one is open. You usually hold on the ball too long when no one is open not just because you like how it feels in your hand. JC can't read defenses. How do people know this? He is not a leader? He lead his team to a national championship in college. People just love to hate on this board. Any QB placed in this position would not produce. Maybe if he was a running Qb like Vick and that's only because they would balance out thing with rushing yards. By that meaning when no one is open they can run and when the o-line breaks down they can run.

Quote from Tony Dungy and I would think he knows more about football than all of us.

[B]Dungy:[/B] "It's not always getting the best players. It's building a good team, building a team that everyone has confidence in, and, right now, they don't have confidence." My take: Harrison faced Campbell so his comments are telling. But Dungy is more accurate, that this is bigger than the quarterback. The Redskins can change the QB after this season as well as the coach. If the culture doesn't change, the future won't be much different.

Zerohero 09-28-2009 06:40 PM

No offense but anyone right now who thinks Campbell is the real deal is insane. He cant even take the snap cleanly half the plays. Anyone can manipulate stats to make someone look good. So in this case your stats do lie.

GTripp0012 09-28-2009 06:41 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;598745]Good stats, except for how many TDs he's thrown. Where's that stat? You could have a 130 QB rating and 4000+ yards, but at the end of the day when you're not putting the ball in the endzone... Yeah... Almost makes everything else moot.

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.[/quote]I'm completely going to be a smartass for a second.

The maximum passer rating if the QB doesn't throw any TD's is 118.7. For Campbell's passer rating to be any better than it actually is, he's got to throw for more touchdowns than he does.

In this way, the offenses' struggles are sneaking down to Jason Campbell's stat line, as opposed to the other way around.

GTripp0012 09-28-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=Zerohero;598749]No offense but anyone right now who thinks Campbell is the real deal is insane. He cant even take the snap cleanly half the plays. Anyone can manipulate stats to make someone look good. So in this case your stats do lie.[/quote]Manipulate. LOL.

In the words of Matty: Fail.

DynamiteRave 09-28-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;598748]Thanks for posting this I have been saying this for a while. Even his stretch last year when he didn't throw an interception for a while. He led the NFL with the "least ints for a minimum of 500 passes thrown. But we will just run him off then he will come back to hunt us landing somewhere in the NFC. Write it down.

People say he doesn't have a quick release. You can't have a quick release when no one is open. You usually hold on the ball too long when no one is open not just because you like how it feels in your hand. JC can't read defenses. How do people know this? He is not a leader. He lead his team to a national championship in college. People just love to hate on this board. Any QB placed in this position would not produce. Maybe if he was a running Qb like Vick and that's only because they would balance out thing with rushing yards. By that meaning when no one is open they can run and when the o-line breaks down they can run.

Quote from Tony Dungy and I would think he knows more about football than all of us.

[B]Dungy:[/B] "It's not always getting the best players. It's building a good team, building a team that everyone has confidence in, and, right now, they don't have confidence." My take: Harrison faced Campbell so his comments are telling. But Dungy is more accurate, that this is bigger than the quarterback. The Redskins can change the QB after this season as well as the coach. [B]If the culture doesn't change, the future won't be much different[/B].[/quote]

I'm down for rearranging the locker room and getting players their own personalized parking spaces. It worked in Detroit. Lets do eet!

dmvskinzfan08 09-28-2009 06:46 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;598745]Good stats, except for how many TDs he's thrown. Where's that stat? You could have a 130 QB rating and 4000+ yards, but at the end of the day when you're not putting the ball in the endzone... Yeah... Almost makes everything else moot.

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.[/quote]

Hmm...

-Thomas drops a TD pass
-Sellers drops a TD pass
-Zorn calls a HB option play
-We try to run the ball in at the goal line on 2 separate occasions
-Moss fumbles in the redzone

6 opps we came up with that pan out that weren't JC's fault. I may be missing some. But those are the ones I can think of right off hand.

*Not enough passes down the field for bombs. Why because he doesn't have time. By the end of the season if the line can start to hodl up many will be eating crow. We expect Manning & Brady. But at times this year they have had bad games. Brady just got out of his funk injured or not. We dont have the cohesiveness and discipline as a offense. So any QB would struggle here.

Do you see a pattern here?

doughtydoubter 09-28-2009 06:48 PM

i dont hate on jc i love the guy...but what he lacks is leadership to take the game into his hands and get the win. where is the stat on 4th quarter comebacks on him

redskin4n 09-28-2009 06:53 PM

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.[/quote]

Lol besides the no huddle(Where he calls his own plays), how many times has he gotten a chance to throw it. How many times when he did throw did the reciever either drop it or not run it in after the catch. You need to start paying attention.

In my opinion its not anyOnes fault but the team as a whole. Ya know what i mean? Like how #17 & #89 were clicking, the whole team needs to do. Then well be ready for week seven.

skinsfan69 09-28-2009 06:55 PM

[quote=Green1;598742]Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be benched but his numbers are great.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie![/quote]

Wrong! Stats do lie. He's not getting the team in the end zone. Not all his fault but some of it is. I'd say the stats look better than he's actually played. There have been some garbage numbers. I think he's been kind of average on a bad offense.

dmvskinzfan08 09-28-2009 06:55 PM

[quote=doughtydoubter;598758]i dont hate on jc i love the guy...but what he lacks is leadership to take the game into his hands and get the win. where is the stat on 4th quarter comebacks on him[/quote]

What are the stats on 4th quarter comebacks for most QBs. Ifyou said 4th quarter it might have been acceptable. But the comebacks kind of made yoru arguement less relevant. Only because only the great ones do that. Like Favre Manning and Brady. Only a hand full are probably successful. Even these Qbs had to take some lumps to get where they are. There is no learning curve in Skins Nation and most people are unrealistic or impatient in their expectations. Brady was in the same system fo ryeas before he started. Manning was horrible his first year and okay the second year as a starter. it took years for him to win a Superbowl. His system remained intact also. Favre. If Favre was here as a young player he would never have reached his potential. He would have been ran out of town.

So all I ask is be realistic and be patient. Mannings and Brady's dont come around that often. Both Flacco and Ryan are a product of a system that is QB friendly as far as their defenses and running games go. You can also say this for the coveted Sanchez. He is not putting up big numbers. he is maintaining the game and has a very good offense.