Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nick Saban (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64347)

5superbowls3wins 03-13-2019 05:27 PM

Nick Saban

I’m not sure if this is been mentioned or discussed, but has anyone thought that maybe Washington is stockpiling Alabama talent with the plansTo make a hard run at Saban Should Gruden get fired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schneed10 03-13-2019 06:30 PM

Re: Nick Saban

Yes. I have mentioned that several times here. I think that is exactly what they are doing.

sdskinsfan2001 03-13-2019 06:33 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1220106]Yes. I have mentioned that several times here. I think that is exactly what they are doing.[/quote]

If that's the plan, I fucking hate it. He is too old and some guys are solely college coaches or pro coaches. He's the former.

Randall Nestor 03-13-2019 07:10 PM

Not sure Saban would be as successful in the NFL as in college. In the NFL he will only get one Number one pick, and in college he was getting several 4 and 5 star recruits.

sandtrapjack 03-13-2019 07:25 PM

Why not? It worked so well with him in Miami when he tucked tail and ran back to the NCAA after only 2 seasons.

Schneed10 03-13-2019 07:31 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;1220115]Why not? It worked so well with him in Miami when he tucked tail and ran back to the NCAA after only 2 seasons.[/quote]

Which would make it the most Dan Snyder move you could conceive of.

5superbowls3wins 03-13-2019 09:57 PM

Well, a return worked for Pete Carroll. Sometimes people learn a lot their first go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 03-13-2019 10:07 PM

Bring back Spurrier!! NOT!!!

Number44 03-13-2019 10:29 PM

He's getting paid a ton at Alabama and is a god down there. I don't think he will be going anywhere.

sandtrapjack 03-14-2019 08:50 AM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1220122]Well, a return worked for Pete Carroll. Sometimes people learn a lot their first go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Don't get me started on that crooked POS.

MTK 03-14-2019 09:07 AM

[quote=Number44;1220125]He's getting paid a ton at Alabama and is a god down there. I don't think he will be going anywhere.[/quote]

Don't underestimate the power of ego, and he's got nothing left to prove in college. I think he'd come back to the NFL for the right situation.

Schneed10 03-14-2019 09:17 AM

Step back and understand the big picture.

- Dan Snyder buys the franchise.

- Dan Snyder, year after year, spearheads splashy moves that create buzz and headlines. Deion, Bruce Smith, Spurrier, Gibbs, Haynesworth, RGIII...

- Dan Snyder sees the stadium full every year.

- After not winning much, Dan Snyder decides to back off his approach and let his people lead a more measured approach to build for the long term. Splashy moves are foregone.

- After continued mediocrity Dan Snyder in 2018 sees the stands empty, hurting his revenue.

- Dan Snyder concludes that the organization needs splash and buzz or his personal return on investment suffers.

I think the long experiment to build sensibly for sustained success is over. Snyder is going back to being Snyder. That means big splash at WR as hinted by JP Finlay, and it means doing whatever he needs to get his guy at coach, including instructing the team to stock up on Alabama players in a ploy to lure Saban, who once complained about not having control over his own destiny in the NFL.

Get Saban his guys and he may feel differently about the NFL.

Ready or not Dan Snyder is back. Woe is us. But that's the reality.

Buffalo Bob 03-14-2019 09:18 AM

[quote=Randall Nestor;1220111]Not sure Saban would be as successful in the NFL as in college. In the NFL he will only get one Number one pick, and in college he was getting several 4 and 5 star recruits.[/quote]

That and Alabama doesn't have a salary cap. A lot of college coaches are successful due to having superior talent. Going to the NFL they lose that edge.

Schneed10 03-14-2019 09:21 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1220138]That and Alabama doesn't have a salary cap. A lot of college coaches are successful due to having superior talent. Going to the NFL they lose that edge.[/quote]

These are excellent points. But they are points that Dan Snyder does not understand.

sandtrapjack 03-14-2019 09:42 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1220138]That and Alabama doesn't have a salary cap. A lot of college coaches are successful due to having superior talent. Going to the NFL they lose that edge.[/quote]

Good points. Like to add that college coaches absolutely love the schedule and workflow associated with coaching in college.

They do not have to be concerned with a CBA. NCAA regulations strictly dictate practice times and schedules with respect to academics.

Recruiting..... Most college coaches absolutely love hitting the road and recruiting these kids and meeting moms and dads etc etc etc.

I would only guess that successful college coaches try the NFL because it is just an itch they have to scratch.