Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ron Rivera Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64547)

HTTR 12-31-2019 10:37 AM

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1241379]Good for Dan. It's a step in the right direction. But he still has a long way to go in winning anyones trust back. Let's remember he hired a two time winning SB coach and totally undermined him. I still don't trust him, only time will tell if he's truly going to do things the right way.[/QUOTE]

To think otherwise is to endorse “winning off the field.”

That said, Schneed’s excellent posts here and in the TW thread have convinced me that there are unprecedented and positive steps the organization (DS) can and should take now to show accountability for past mistakes. Still not “winning,” but “professional” would be apt and a good sign.

SkinzWin 12-31-2019 10:40 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1241379]Good for Dan. It's a step in the right direction. But he still has a long way to go in winning anyones trust back. Let's remember he hired a two time winning SB coach and totally undermined him. I still don't trust him, only time will tell if he's truly going to do things the right way.[/quote]

So in response to everyone who commented to this, I was trying to be sarcastic. Lol. Nice to see an actual good reason for him to be hands on for once... because no one is left!

skinsfaninok 12-31-2019 10:42 AM

Source close to Steve Wilks said at this time he does not expect him to join Ron Rivera in Washington as the DC. Had coached with him in Carolina.

Keim

Per ESPN - Jack Del Rio is the front runner for the job

SFREDSKIN 12-31-2019 10:43 AM

Leslie Frazier could be a name to watch for DC.

mooby 12-31-2019 10:45 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1241384]Leslie Frazier could be a name to watch for DC.[/quote]

I would endorse this hiring as d-coordinator. He never lived up to his billing as a HC but those Minny d's he ran were very good back in the day.

Not sure how to feel about Jack Del Rio as d-coordinator, I don't know enough about him beyond his mediocre HC history.

I am happy we're not getting Wilks though, his history is underwhelming.

skinsfaninok 12-31-2019 10:45 AM

[quote=mooby;1241385]I would endorse this hiring as d-coordinator. He never lived up to his billing as a HC but those Minny d's he ran were very good back in the day.

Not sure how to feel about Jack Del Rio as d-coordinator, I don't know enough about him beyond his mediocre HC history.

I am happy we're not getting Wilks though, his history is underwhelming.[/quote]

He is 182-154 in his career and 8-7 in the playoffs.. That's pretty damn good

Chico23231 12-31-2019 10:49 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1241383]Source close to Steve Wilks said at this time he does not expect him to join Ron Rivera in Washington as the DC. Had coached with him in Carolina.

Keim

Per ESPN - [B]Jack Del Rio [/B]is the front runner for the job[/quote]

This is would be extremely underwhelming.

calia 12-31-2019 10:50 AM

Del Rio is a good DC. Between him and Rivera, discipline would be a real premium. What a change. I’d be cool with this. Quality coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 12-31-2019 10:50 AM

I'd rather have Del Rio over Wilks

MTK 12-31-2019 10:52 AM

Del Rio as DC sign me up

BigHairedAristocrat 12-31-2019 10:53 AM

Love Del Rio as DC. I do hope they can convince Tomsula to stay.

So far, the Redskins are knocking it out of the park.

SFREDSKIN 12-31-2019 10:54 AM

I like Del Rio solid no nonsense DC.

mooby 12-31-2019 10:56 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1241386]He is 182-154 in his career and 8-7 in the playoffs.. That's pretty damn good[/quote]

I'm trying to figure out who you're talking about because it sure as hell isn't Leslie Frazier, Jack Del Rio, or Steve Wilks.

I wanna say you're talking about Jack Del Rio because he's been a HC longer than the other two but I completely stand by my point that Del Rio was a mediocre head coach.

In 12 years as a HC (9 with the Jags, 3 with the Raiders) he made the playoffs 3 times. In those 3 times he has a 1-3 record. He had the occasional good one-off year for the Jags and the Raiders but they were anomalies as the 1-3 playoff record proves. He's never led a contender.

Anyways IDW focus on his HC record because we're looking at him as a d-coordinator. Alls I'm gonna say for now is I think he's a better choice than Steve Wilks.

Chico23231 12-31-2019 11:00 AM

I was hoping for someone a lil more aggressive. Hopefully Ron and him can put it together.

What were the ranking with the Broncos defense...that’s the last time he was a coordinator?

Chico23231 12-31-2019 11:02 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1241384]Leslie Frazier could be a name to watch for DC.[/quote]

that would be a dream...but why would he Buffalo?