Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And one more makes 10 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18654)

gibbsisgod 06-19-2007 07:01 AM

And one more makes 10

I know what your thinking but this isn't a duplicate thread.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2908511]ESPN - Tailback Wilson bumps Bengals' arrest tally to 10 - NFL[/url]

Goodell's new policy penalizes teams for their players conduct. How long before the Bengals have to start forfeiting games?

dmek25 06-19-2007 09:20 AM

Re: And one more makes 10

probably end up suiting up Marvin Lewis, and the entire coaching staff. and good morning gigitty

gibbsisgod 06-19-2007 09:24 AM

Does anyone know what Goodell can do as a form of punishment to the teams of these idiots? Can they penalize the Salary cap or something like that?

Morning Dmek! Been kind of a rough morning here, hows your day going?

Schneed10 06-19-2007 09:26 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod;319405]Does anyone know what Goodell can do as a form of punishment to the teams of these idiots? Can they penalize the Salary cap or something like that?

Morning Dmek! Been kind of a rough morning here, hows your day going?[/quote]

They can impose fines and possibly take away draft picks, if I remember the conduct policy correctly. And of course suspend players. I don't think they'd use the cap as a punishment tool.

dmek25 06-19-2007 09:31 AM

why isn't the general manager taking any heat for this? its almost like the Bengals are getting a free pass. i think its funny alot of people look at Marvin Lewis as a disciplinarian

gibbsisgod 06-19-2007 09:42 AM

[quote=Schneed10;319407]They can impose fines and possibly take away draft picks, if I remember the conduct policy correctly. And of course suspend players. I don't think they'd use the cap as a punishment tool.[/quote]
I guess your right. I don't think penalizing their cap would accomplish much. Taking away draft picks is a much more effective punishment. The question is; How high of a draft pick can they take away? A first? Second?

12thMan 06-19-2007 09:51 AM

Like seriously, is something in water in Cincy?

Good morning Gigitty and Dmek.

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-19-2007 09:52 AM

Man the Bengals are a bunch of idiots. This is crazy. What more can Marvin Lewis do?

skinsfan69 06-19-2007 10:00 AM

Jeez. Its just not that hard to stay out of trouble. Whoever is responsible for bringing in the players needs to take some heat for this.

gibbsisgod 06-19-2007 10:05 AM

[quote=12thMan;319417]Like seriously, is something in water in Cincy?

Good morning Gigitty and Dmek.[/quote]I dont think its the water. I was in Cincy about three weeks ago. I spent 3 whole days there and I didn't get arrested.

And a fine morning to you as well 12thperson!

dmek25 06-19-2007 10:33 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod;319429]I dont think its the water. I was in Cincy about three weeks ago. I spent 3 whole days there and [B]I didn't get arrested.[/B]

And a fine morning to you as well 12thperson![/quote]
the investigation is still underway. and 12th, hows it hanging?

Jamaican'Skin 06-19-2007 10:37 AM

I don't know. These guys don't realize how good they have and are ruining their careers. If somebody gave me that type of money, I'd be too busy at home counting it just to make sure they gave me every cent to get in trouble

12thMan 06-19-2007 10:55 AM

[quote=dmek25;319440]the investigation is still underway. and 12th, hows it hanging?[/quote]

chillin, chillin...

skinsfan_nn 06-19-2007 11:05 AM

Yea, the water must have some high level of contamination up there, bunch of fools! Marvin's team is gonna be in trouble this season I do believe.

sportscurmudgeon 06-19-2007 10:43 PM

If the commish tries to impose a salary cap hit on the Bengals, the union will go nuts. A salary cap hit translates VERY directly into less money for the players. The union cannot accept that on face value; they have to oppose it.

The commish can take away draft picks.

The commish can impose REALLY significant fines for the team - - something way over $1M.

I don't know if the GM is rsponsible fro bringing in this cadre of antisocial misfits. It MAY be that Marvin Lewis fought to bring in ALL of these boneheads; I doubt we'll ever know.

jsarno 06-19-2007 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Jamaican'Skin;319443]I don't know. These guys don't realize how good they have and are ruining their careers. If somebody gave me that type of money, I'd be too busy at home counting it just to make sure they gave me every cent to get in trouble[/QUOTE]

I was just saying this today...if someone wanted to pay me 3 million a year to play a freakin game, you bet your ass I would do NOTHING to jeapordize that! How dumb is pacman that he is already suspended and involved in possible shooting? The Bengals HAD to be warned to avoid this stuff, yet they are not.
What do you do as an orginization. It's not 1 bad apple or 2, it's freakin 10! Do you throw away the team and start over?

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-20-2007 01:26 AM

the bengals and pacman are dumbasses.

hagams 06-21-2007 09:24 AM

The key to this is simple. Being a Marine I know all about taking the heat for my problem childs. "Punish the masses". I would like to how these guys are able to mess up this bad, and nobody get in trouble but themselves. I understand you pay for your wrong doings, but at some point they really need to look at the entire ball club. fSomebody above the player level is failing them, and should be held accountable.