Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F. . . Parents who let their children run wild (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35678)

SolidSnake84 03-15-2010 04:06 PM

Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

[quote=mredskins;674140]Sadly normally the parents who allow this have no parenting skills or common sense and deem the behavior normal. Probably becasue the cicrcus that you see unwinding in front of you at the restaurent is a normal occurance in their household.

I don't feel like going round and round on this subject again but don't let a few bad apples make you think the whole bushel is bad.

Not speaking directly to you Solid Snake, more the mob as TTE put it.[/quote]

hey i'm not offended at all, and i didnt take it that way. I was just generalizing, and saying there are people out there, who let it get that bad...they know who they are.

Schneed10 03-15-2010 04:12 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;674112]So I'm supposed to sit there and let her cuss me? That's verbal assault. If someone comes up to your table and cusses out your woman, are you going to sit there and just let it happen?[/quote]

If another woman cursed at my wife, I would not get involved at all. It's between two women, it's up to them to deal with it. You as a man getting involved is kind of chicken shit, IMO.

That said if it looked like it was about to come to blows I would step in to break it up.

I would jump to protect my wife from a man's verbal assault though. I might even throw the first punch, even though I'd be at fault for assault & battery.

Monkeydad 03-15-2010 04:13 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;674123]i posted my story in the other thread, but the same thing happened to me, except that i had to step up in a situation because things were going from bad to worse. Something had to be done. The lady started yelling at me and stuff, calling me a baby killer and a rapist and everything else (i was in uniform at the time, and servicemen get that kind of treatment very frequently now)...she had a boyfriend and he looked at me, but must have decided otherwise...anyway i would have banged him out, cause thats how pissed i was.

Long story short, the management threw the people out because they had too many complaints.

Point here is this: if your kids are so bad in public and you do nothing, and it gets to the point that you are ruining it for other people, then you deserve whatever you get....IMO[/quote]

This should teach you a lesson about going to Seattle. :laughing-

Schneed10 03-15-2010 04:14 PM

As for unruly kids, it depends on a couple things. First, are you in a nice restaurant or a friggin Applebees? While I wouldn't let my kids run around anywhere, the expectations need to be different at a "family" restaurant vs a different place.

But I do get what you're saying, if the kids are actually running around between tables and acting like maniacs, that's completely unacceptable in any place but McDonalds.

budw38 03-15-2010 04:15 PM

I might have told the manager that a lady/animal must have forgot to take their medicine and is cursing and may be a threat ...." you might want to call the police or ... those men that carry straight jackets" ? I might have " spilled " some water on her as I was " leaving " , if she was a hard core nasty " B " .

SolidSnake84 03-15-2010 04:19 PM

It's kind of funny that people keep comparing "family restaurants" to "nice restaurants", making it seem like it's okay for your bad kids to act a fool at a family restaurant, but if it's a "nice restaurant", then it's a different story.

So if i'm trying to enjoy a meal at Applebee's, it's perfectly fine for your bastards to ruin it for everybody there, including ME, but if you and I were eating at a fancy steakhouse or something, then you would definatley make your kids behave.....

they should behave in public, but i know most people seem to miss that point.

Schneed10 03-15-2010 04:24 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;674156]It's kind of funny that people keep comparing "family restaurants" to "nice restaurants", making it seem like it's okay for your bad kids to act a fool at a family restaurant, but if it's a "nice restaurant", then it's a different story.

So if i'm trying to enjoy a meal at Applebee's, it's perfectly fine for your bastards to ruin it for everybody there, including ME, but if you and I were eating at a fancy steakhouse or something, then you would definatley make your kids behave.....[/quote]

Well I personally would make my kids behave anywhere or they wouldn't enjoy the privelege of eating out in any restaurant.

But there are social norms in each place. Look around an Applebee's, it's entirely normal for kids to be climbing on the chairs and laughing and carrying on. It goes unnoticed because the environment is a noisier one. In a nice restaurant it's not OK for them to be loud at all, which is generally why parents rarely take kids to places like that.

You should never have to deal with kids running around a restaurant, or throwing food at each other, or fighting with one another at the table. That's not OK even at Applebee's. But if you're in an Applebee's and my three year old is crying because she's tired and I won't let her have chocolate milk, well too bad for you. It's an Applebee's, there will be noise.

JoeRedskin 03-15-2010 04:27 PM

^^ What he said.

Trample the Elderly 03-15-2010 04:30 PM

[quote=Schneed10;674149]If another woman cursed at my wife, I would not get involved at all. It's between two women, it's up to them to deal with it. You as a man getting involved is kind of chicken shit, IMO.

That said if it looked like it was about to come to blows I would step in to break it up.

I would jump to protect my wife from a man's verbal assault though. I might even throw the first punch, even though I'd be at fault for assault & battery.[/quote]

No one abuses my friends or family. I've made up my mind that mace would be best for the situation. It's non lethal and doesn't leave any marks. It's pretty funny too.

SolidSnake84 03-15-2010 04:32 PM

I'm not trying to sound like a idiot, but i'm only asking because i'm not a parent yet.

But i see it all the time. Why do people take their infants and children that are like 2 years old out to places when they are obviously too little. Is it because you can't find babysitters?

It used to happen at the old movie theater all the time. Infants in the movie. Ruining it for everyone. Now at the alamo, they don't allow it because they serve beer.

firstdown 03-15-2010 04:32 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;674156]It's kind of funny that people keep comparing "family restaurants" to "nice restaurants", making it seem like it's okay for your bad kids to act a fool at a family restaurant, but if it's a "nice restaurant", then it's a different story.

So if i'm trying to enjoy a meal at Applebee's, it's perfectly fine for your bastards to ruin it for everybody there, including ME, but if you and I were eating at a fancy steakhouse or something, then you would definatley make your kids behave.....

they should behave in public, but i know most people seem to miss that point.[/quote]

Sense our daughter was born three years ago we go out to eat about 1/2 as much because I have a hard time relaxing worried that our daughter might bother someone eating. Funny thing is most of the time she will sit there and makes less noise then the adults sitting around us. When we do eat out we use the one hour rule of thumb. Anything over an hour for a three yr old is just asking for trouble. The one time she did act up we where just finishing our dinner and the wife took her outside while I got the bill and paid the lady.

Schneed10 03-15-2010 04:34 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;674165]No one abuses my friends or family. I've made up my mind that mace would be best for the situation. It's non lethal and doesn't leave any marks. It's pretty funny too.[/quote]

Fair enough, but it's also chicken-shit when done to a woman.

mredskins 03-15-2010 04:35 PM

[quote=Schneed10;674153]As for unruly kids, it depends on a couple things. First, are you in a nice restaurant or a friggin Applebees? While I wouldn't let my kids run around anywhere, the expectations need to be different at a "family" restaurant vs a different place.

But I do get what you're saying, if the kids are actually running around between tables and acting like maniacs, that's completely unacceptable in any place but McDonalds.[/quote]

Ah what you saying about Applebees that is fawking nice place. =)

BDBohnzie 03-15-2010 04:39 PM

[quote=firstdown;674170]Sense our daughter was born three years ago we go out to eat about 1/2 as much because I have a hard time relaxing worried that our daughter might bother someone eating. Funny thing is most of the time she will sit there and makes less noise then the adults sitting around us. When we do eat out we use the one hour rule of thumb. Anything over an hour for a three yr old is just asking for trouble. The one time she did act up we where just finishing our dinner and the wife took her outside while I got the bill and paid the lady.[/quote]
We're in the same boat, as my kids are 2 1/2 and 15 months. We have to pick and choose when we eat out for the sake that we don't want to ruin anyone's time, whether it's Applebee's, Arby's, or any other restaurant. My wife gets very embarrassed, even in a kid-friendly restaurant, when my kids get out of hand. For the most part, both kids are very well behaved when we eat out, but we had one occasion where my wife took our youngest out while I had our food boxed up to go.

Schneed10 03-15-2010 04:42 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;674169]I'm not trying to sound like a idiot, but i'm only asking because i'm not a parent yet.

But i see it all the time. Why do people take their infants and children that are like 2 years old out to places when they are obviously too little. Is it because you can't find babysitters?

It used to happen at the old movie theater all the time. Infants in the movie. Ruining it for everyone. Now at the alamo, they don't allow it because they serve beer.[/quote]

I'm like Firstdown, if we can get in and out our kids are quite and well-behaved for about 45 minutes to an hour. I make sure to take them places where noise is expected. Usually there's an adult party that's being way more annoying than the rare instance where my girls decide to cry. If they throw a tantrum, you take them out of the restaurant until they calm down. They get it out of their system and they're fine to come back in.

As for why you go out with kids, most of the time I prefer to stay in because it's just easier than refereeing the children at the table. But sometimes you want to take the family out for quality time. Eating together is a fun thing, and sometimes it's nice to see the kids get excited about getting taken out on a "date" with mommy and daddy. They like it, it's a treat for them. That's the #1 reason to do it.

And so I let them have fun when we're out, because we go to a noisy place where others are having fun. They giggle, they enjoy themselves, because they're kids that's what they do. Sometimes they cry. While I've never once had a problem with someone saying something to me about their behavior, if they ever did I'd likely tell them to fuck off, because it's an Applebee's. What do you expect? A quiet candlelight dinner?