Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lipstick On A Pig (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25114)

djnemo65 09-13-2008 07:07 PM

Re: Lipstick On A Pig

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;475559]Kind of the same good/evil absolutes as the Bush=Satan crowd comes up with. One thing I always have found funny over the last 4-5 years is that the same crowd calls him a complete idiot, yet believe he was capable of duping [B]the [I]intellectually superior Dems in Congress (major sarcasm)[/I][/B] to support a war based on lies to fuel oil company profits and Haliburton.

The left painted Ronald Reagan with the war-monger brush, yet he deployed troops less than any President in the last 50 years and won the Cold War without firing an official shot. Palin by no means has the experience of Reagan, but you can be sure McCain will have a good staff of advisors in place should something happen to him.

The thing that scares me more than Palin with the keycodes for the Red Button, is Obama getting abused by Ahmadenijad (sp.), Putin, Chavez and Islamic extremists, and putting us back in the same position as Carter had us in back in the late 70s, which was a laughingstock in the world.[/quote]

Yeah but the difference is that nobody on the left defends that congress. They are considered an embarrassment. See, amongst other things, Obama beating Clinton for the presidential nomination as proof.

Anyway, what Reagan has to do with this I'm not sure, but I don't know how anyone could have watched Palin's first major foreign policy interview and walked away feeling impressed or confident. She was a disaster.

djnemo65 09-13-2008 07:12 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;475559][B]Kind of the same good/evil absolutes as the Bush=Satan crowd comes up with[/B]. [/quote]

Oh yeah, and the Bush/Satan crowd are not running for vice president. They are goofy bloggers with too much free time, much like the Obama is in bed with Iran guys on the right. Not to be listened to ;).

Slingin Sammy 33 09-14-2008 12:22 AM

[quote=djnemo65;475566]Yeah but the difference is that nobody on the left defends that congress. They are considered an embarrassment. See, amongst other things, Obama beating Clinton for the presidential nomination as proof.

Anyway, what Reagan has to do with this I'm not sure, but I don't know how anyone could have watched Palin's first major foreign policy interview and walked away feeling impressed or confident. She was a disaster.[/quote]My confidence level is not in Palin, but in the docs at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda keeping McCain above-ground :laughing-

NM Redskin 09-14-2008 01:10 AM

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/2829521895_a990813f22_b.jpg[/IMG]

djnemo65 09-14-2008 02:32 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;475594]My confidence level is not in Palin, but in the docs at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda keeping McCain above-ground :laughing-[/quote]

Haha, there you go.

firstdown 09-15-2008 12:28 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;475558]That's all you got. There are major news organizations flat out saying that the McCain campaign is lying to the american people. What kind of garbage is that? The Dems aren't without fault, but the McCain campaign has lost it's way with regards to the truth. It's un American to straight up lie to the people on this kind of scale.[/quote]
Just go to factcheck.org and you will see that Obama is just as guilty to twisting facts or leaving stuff out when attacking McCain. I guess your talking about the 3 major networks that have turned a blind eye to anything that Obama has done or said.

dmek25 09-15-2008 08:04 PM

what about what senator McCain said today? with the bottom practically falling out , the senator said our fundamentals are still strong? do you agree with that?

wilsowilso 09-15-2008 08:22 PM

[quote=firstdown;477086]Just go to factcheck.org and you will see that Obama is just as guilty to twisting facts or leaving stuff out when attacking McCain. I guess your talking about the 3 major networks that have turned a blind eye to anything that Obama has done or said.[/quote]

Yeah I go to factcheck.org all the time and maybe three in ten of the stories of the week are about the Obama campaign. The majority of garbage is coming from the McCain campaign.

BleedBurgundy 09-15-2008 09:22 PM

[quote=dmek25;477304]what about what senator McCain said today? with the bottom practically falling out , the senator said our fundamentals are still strong? do you agree with that?[/quote]

I agree that the fundamentals of our economy are strong, that is the basic principles upon which it is based, it's the same as it always has been from my understanding. The difference is there were some really shady practices by corporate america that are coming back to bite us in the ass. And we keep bailing them out. It's ridiculous.

by the way, Dmek, did you stop by my old high school, Manheim Central and see your boy McCain the other day? I figured you'd be first in line... :yeahright

wilsowilso 09-15-2008 10:10 PM

Yet Republicans support a candidate that has a tax plan that gives massive breaks to corporate America and pretty much wants to keep the status quo? It's mental.

SmootSmack 09-16-2008 04:05 PM

[quote=jsarno;474976]That's kind of funny, I feel it's the exact opposite. The Dems can throw whatever they want, and use massive propoganda to their advantage (it's everywhere, look at NBC and ABC...look at ESPN pushing obama but not even inviting McCain for example...shit, they even fight each other, clinton vs obama) they can throw whatever mud they want, and whenever someone fights back a little or sees something else in a comment, they stand up and go "what???" The Dems invented this process, not the republicans. So your comment would be right as long as you switch Republicans with Democrats.[/quote]

I meant to respond to this a while back, and I totally forgot. Anyhow, don't make assumptions about who ESPN does or does not invite. Sometimes things can't go exactly as scheduled so it may look suspicious, but both have been in ESPN's plans for a while now (along with the potential first ladies)

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3591019&categoryId=2378529&n8pe6c=2]Presidential Hopeful John McCain - ESPN Video[/url]

dmek25 09-16-2008 08:42 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;477313]I agree that the fundamentals of our economy are strong, that is the basic principles upon which it is based, it's the same as it always has been from my understanding. The difference is there were some really shady practices by corporate america that are coming back to bite us in the ass. And we keep bailing them out. It's ridiculous.

by the way, Dmek, did you stop by my old high school, Manheim Central and see your boy McCain the other day? I figured you'd be first in line... :yeahright[/quote]
i would really like to see him, if he would talk about the issues. if i want to see a pep rally, ill go back to my Alma mater, J.P. Mccaskey:)

dmek25 09-16-2008 08:43 PM

and i vote to lock this thread, since we finally have some real issues to discuss

jsarno 09-16-2008 09:30 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;477538]I meant to respond to this a while back, and I totally forgot. Anyhow, don't make assumptions about who ESPN does or does not invite. Sometimes things can't go exactly as scheduled so it may look suspicious, but both have been in ESPN's plans for a while now (along with the potential first ladies)

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3591019&categoryId=2378529&n8pe6c=2]Presidential Hopeful John McCain - ESPN Video[/url][/quote]

Nice link, thanks. He was right on too.

I do have a question, when did that air? I watch sportscenter every day, and I didn't see that. I saw the obama stuff I think it was 3 days in a row, but it was at least 2 days.

If it wasn't "aired", while I am wrong in using the word "invited", I am certainly right about how they are using the propaganda.