Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thrash injured (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10319)

70Chip 01-08-2006 11:54 PM

Re: Thrash injured

I think it should be noted that Thrash was an undrafted free agent out of Missouri Southern who caught on with the Skins with special teams play and hard work in 1997. I thought it was a big mistake when he was let go to Philly. My point is that he (along with Ray Brown, Mike Sellers, and John Jansen) has been around a while and proven his worth beyond this year's stats. I believe if the Redskins made more of an effort to get him the ball he would make plays. No one is going to convince me that Jacobs or Farris or Brown would do better.

5 bonus points to anyone who came name another N.F.L. player from MSSU.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-08-2006 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]I think it should be noted that Thrash was an undrafted free agent out of Missouri Southern who caught on with the Skins with special teams play and hard work in 1997. I thought it was a big mistake when he was let go to Philly. My point is that he (along with Ray Brown, Mike Sellers, and John Jansen) has been around a while and proven his worth beyond this year's stats. I believe if the Redskins made more of an effort to get him the ball he would make plays. No one is going to convince me that Jacobs or Farris or Brown would do better.

5 bonus points to anyone who came name another N.F.L. player from MSSU.[/QUOTE]

Jerry Rice, right?

dgack 01-09-2006 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip]My point is that he (along with Ray Brown, Mike Sellers, and John Jansen) has been around a while and proven his worth beyond this year's stats. I believe if the Redskins made more of an effort to get him the ball he would make plays.
[/QUOTE]

I guess all I'm saying is, he's been a starter long enough that you'd think he would have made an impact by now, if he was capable. Even in Philly during his "prime", his best year was ~800 yards, and his normal average is in the ~600 range.

Maybe he's a better receiver in another offense, I don't know. But he's never in the mix whenever Santana is being covered, that's for sure.

[QUOTE=70Chip]
No one is going to convince me that Jacobs or Farris or Brown would do better.[/QUOTE]

We'll never know, because those guys will never see a fraction of the PT that Thrash has gotten. Edit: Brown has on special teams, and has blown it big time. Jacobs is a burner too, but they haven't put him on return duty which surprises me.

SmootSmack 01-09-2006 12:06 AM

Rod Smith

jamf 01-09-2006 12:45 AM

Jacobs doesnt get it. Playing WR is about running/selling routes. he thinks its about running past guys. everyone can run in the NFL(except walt harris).

Thrash is a solid #3. He is respectable. but he can't be a #2.

I can't complain about farris since he is a late addition.

Antonio Brown needs to play WR. His speed alone with draw attention of the safeties.

Cooley needs to hold onto the ball. The excuse "well he fights hard..." works for the first or second fumble but he has fumbled alot more than that. thank god we havent lost all of them. He cant fumble anymore. i dont care how hard it looks like he is playing, he cant fumble. it's funny how somepeople make excuse for the guy but not jimoh who was beaten on two plays 3 seasons ago.

If we are going to beat Seattle, Jacobs is going to have to step up. They can match up with moss and teams have shown how to stop cooley. jacobs is going to have to beat his guy.

God i hope patten isnt back next near...

skinsfanthru&thru 01-09-2006 12:55 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Rod Smith[/QUOTE]
the dude owns practically every single receiving record of that school and has had an incredibly underrated pro career.