Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Girlfriend (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13940)

NAVYSKINSFAN 09-08-2006 07:26 AM

Re: New Girlfriend

Nope no break up over the skins yet. Actually things are going really great. I think I have a good catch here.

BDBohnzie 09-08-2006 09:58 AM

yeah, everything is fine and dandy now, but just wait. Week 6 or 7 will roll around, and she'll want to go antiquing in the country or make a day trip to Chincoteague...and you'll tell her, weekends are for football, either sit your ass down or get me a beer, either way, stop bothering me.

then you'll have to watch the games at the bar because you'll be looking for a new woman...

Warpath 09-08-2006 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;209326]Ask her if she's seen your domestic violence criminal record and then ask her again if she has a problem.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, extremely late to this thread, this is f-in hilarious.

How hot is she? I think the hotness factor plays into her staying or not.

Monkeydad 09-08-2006 11:17 AM

[quote=SkInS QT iN mI;212874]OmG ... u ppl...*:nono:

ppl r entitled to their opinions ok... i think its just a little EXTREME to brk up w/ a gr8 girl just cuz she doesnt like ur football team...

if ur like dat, then go to extremeskins.com ok[/quote]

Not rooting for the Redskins is minor in the full scope of things in life, but buying into that crap about them being racist goes beyond football.

Luckily, he straightened her out. :)

TheMalcolmConnection 09-08-2006 11:22 AM

[quote=NAVYSKINSFAN;212908]Nope no break up over the skins yet. Actually things are going really great. I think I have a good catch here.[/quote]

All jokes aside, that's something you need to establish NOW. My fiancee is all-of-a-sudden like, "I feel like I lose you during football season." I'm like, "NO SHIT. You knew this before we started dating and you know it now. It's not changing."

I mean she acts like 3 hours of football makes up for the hour upon hour of woman's programming she watches ALL WEEK LONG.

joecrisp 09-08-2006 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;213002]All jokes aside, that's something you need to establish NOW. My fiancee is all-of-a-sudden like, "I feel like I lose you during football season." I'm like, "NO SHIT. You knew this before we started dating and you know it now. It's not changing."

I mean she acts like 3 hours of football makes up for the hour upon hour of woman's programming she watches ALL WEEK LONG.[/QUOTE]

I made it clear to my wife when we met that I am an absolute football freak, and that nothing-- NOTHING-- will ever change that. I told her in no uncertain terms that every year, September thru January, I would be spending my Sundays and Monday nights with the NFL, and that if this was going to be a problem for her, she had better move along and find another fella.

Well, it's five years later, we're approaching our third wedding anniversary, and we're still madly in love with each other. We've learned to accept each other for who and what we are, and no apologies are needed or expected for those things. Nor do we expect each other to change. I accept her infatuation with reality TV and her perpetual dominance of the DVR programming schedule, and she accepts my abandonment of all domestic obligations and responsibilities on football Sundays.

I guess it's a form of compromise, but I really think it's more about honesty and acceptance. We're honest with each other about what we're not willing to change about ourselves, and we accept it.

I'm just wondering how much our attitudes might change once we start having kids... :rolleyes:

gibbsisgod 09-08-2006 12:45 PM

[quote=joecrisp;213028]I made it clear to my wife when we met that I am an absolute football freak, and that nothing-- NOTHING-- will ever change that. I told her in no uncertain terms that every year, September thru January, I would be spending my Sundays and Monday nights with the NFL, and that if this was going to be a problem for her, she had better move along and find another fella.

Well, it's five years later, we're approaching our third wedding anniversary, and we're still madly in love with each other. We've learned to accept each other for who and what we are, and no apologies are needed or expected for those things. Nor do we expect each other to change. I accept her infatuation with reality TV and her perpetual dominance of the DVR programming schedule, and she accepts my abandonment of all domestic obligations and responsibilities on football Sundays.

I guess it's a form of compromise, but I really think it's more about honesty and acceptance. We're honest with each other about what we're not willing to change about ourselves, and we accept it.

I'm just wondering how much our attitudes might change once we start having kids... :rolleyes:[/quote]man law!

dmek25 09-08-2006 12:48 PM

hey, gigity. and joe, im going strong after 22 years and now my wife is a redskin fan. when we first met, she could care less about football

gibbsisgod 09-08-2006 12:55 PM

my wife used to hate football but after 4 years she finally gave in and came with me to her first game last year and she LOVED it! she told me she didn't understand it from just watching it on tv. she said i like it better being at the game!!!!! Last night she sat down and watched the 2nd half and stayed awake for the whole thing. she even does picks on aol with me. she is getting hooked my brothers!!!!she even said she was going to the mall today to get some skins accesorries for the car!!!!

can i get an amen????!!!!!

TheMalcolmConnection 09-08-2006 12:59 PM

[quote=joecrisp;213028]I made it clear to my wife when we met that I am an absolute football freak, and that nothing-- NOTHING-- will ever change that. I told her in no uncertain terms that every year, September thru January, I would be spending my Sundays and Monday nights with the NFL, and that if this was going to be a problem for her, she had better move along and find another fella.

[B][I] Well, it's five years later, we're approaching our third wedding anniversary, and we're still madly in love with each other. We've learned to accept each other for who and what we are, and no apologies are needed or expected for those things. Nor do we expect each other to change. I accept her infatuation with reality TV and her perpetual dominance of the DVR programming schedule, and she accepts my abandonment of all domestic obligations and responsibilities on football Sundays.
[/I][/B]

I'm just wondering how much our attitudes might change once we start having kids... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. We're about the same, I think this year she tried to get away with one, but she shut her mouth REAL quick about it.

BDBohnzie 09-08-2006 03:49 PM

My wife really got into sports about a year or 2 into us dating. I mean, I play softball 3-4 nights a week from April til November, and I'm constantly watching football in the fall (College and NFL). Plus she was into hockey growing up, since her friend's brother used to play.

She loves the Skins now and was more pissed than I was about the preseason. She's definitely a trooper when it comes to Football in the Fall.

NAVYSKINSFAN 09-13-2006 10:40 AM

Yeah we had the talk about what sunday and monday nights are for. She says that she dosen't have a problem leaving me alone to watch the games and week one went really well. Did'nt bother me a bit. In fact she came over to my place and made lunch for me while I was watching the game, then she sat on the couch next to me and read a book. The best part was she did not try to compete for the attention. And to answer the question from eairler yes she is hot. Smokingly hot. I will post a pic later.

jamf 09-13-2006 01:57 PM

:)

NAVYSKINSFAN 10-16-2006 07:55 AM

So check this out. This girl of mine works at 7-11. We live in the hampton roads area of virginia where they were selling the redskins medallions. I was buying them but then I forgot a few and before long I had forgot so many that I did not plan to catch up with the collection. So.... her being the good GF she is secertly bought them each day and held them at the store until last night she came home with the whole complete set. And she called from work to console me over the loss.

I think this realationship is going places.

djnemo65 10-16-2006 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS;209295]This is somewhat off topic, but does anyone remember that Seinfeld episode when Jerry likes Elaine's friend (I think her name was Whitney) and he's all cautious around her because she's Native American.

He wants to say he made reservations for dinner, instead he says he made "arrangements" Then when she wants to give something back to him he gets all upset and says "You can't take something and then give it back. That makes you an Indian giver!" Or the best part is when Kramer goes riding past them in the back of a cab holding a big cigar store Indian.

Man, that was a great episode.[/QUOTE]

Hands down the greatest show of all time.

Now that the season is over I hope to see more Seinfeld discussions here.