Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rumor (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=1652)

RedskinRat 06-30-2004 03:38 PM

Rumor

I've just been told by a co-worker that the Redskins are looking to swap a offensive tackle for Ogunleye according to ESPN.

Anyone heard something about this?

Redskins_P 06-30-2004 03:47 PM

Where did you hear this? I wonder which tackle they're talking about.

MonkManiac 06-30-2004 03:53 PM

Better be Samuels.

memphisskin 06-30-2004 04:01 PM

Could be Samuels, with Brunell the starter the left side is the strong side now. I don't see it happening, but the guy can rush the passer and we do need that element on our d-line.

SKINSnCANES 06-30-2004 04:44 PM

that wold leave us a big whole at tackle. I trust Bugel though,a nd we would still have our first round pick then. I assume. Ya never know what Synder might throw in though.

Big C 06-30-2004 04:54 PM

bad trade. not worth it. keep both tackles and lets see how we do

ChillWill 06-30-2004 04:57 PM

That's not a good trade. I don't believe there is any substance to that.

Samuels has far more value than Ogunleye.

SKINSnCANES 06-30-2004 05:01 PM

Define more value. No one would give a first round pick for sameuls when we thougth about dealing him, plenty of peopel would give up a first of Ogunleye. Samuels has had what, two or three bad years in a row and giving up a lot of sacks. Ogunleye lead the AFC in sacks last year. As a straight up trade we get teh better player, doesnt mean we shoudl do the trade, but you brought up value. Why do you think Samuels has more value?

RedskinRat 06-30-2004 05:07 PM

But has anyone else got wind of this rumor or are the boys having a pop at me again?

MonkManiac 06-30-2004 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Big C]bad trade. not worth it. keep both tackles and lets see how we do[/QUOTE]

We've had both tackles for a couple of years now, and all I keep seeing is our QB getting sacked. Coaching will help, but Samuels has shown us he is far from irreplacable. If anything, the strong coaching of Bugel makes Samuels more expendable than in previous years. A young, pass-rushing DE is something we haven't had in a long, long time.

That said, who knows if this rumor is actually true...

Daseal 06-30-2004 05:07 PM

Because Samuels has nothing but a man rushing. Oguneleyeybnenenye has Jason Taylor and one of the strongest LB cores in the league. Not to mention, we all know that Samuels has the potential to be a devastating blocker, and now that we actually have an offensive line coach... Not to mention, we want to give our offense every option in the world.

ChillWill 06-30-2004 05:11 PM

SkinsNCanes,

Good question, I did not make my point clearly. I believe that Samuels, when performing to his potential, which I think Buges will bring out of him, will play at a higher level than Ogunleye. Ogunleye benefitted greatly from his counterpart on that Dolphins line. I'm not convinced that he will be as effective on our line.

Samuels has a lot to prove this year and I believe he will be a legit Pro Bowler for the first time in his career, this season.

joecrisp 06-30-2004 05:18 PM

This development could be fueling the rumor:

[url="http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9043514.htm?1c"]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9043514.htm?1c[/url]

The Dolphins' left tackle, Wade Smith, injured his knee yesterday. He's awaiting the results of an MRI, and it's believed to be a mild knee sprain that would only sideline him for a couple weeks, but you never know with these things. Apparently, there's a lot of swelling in the knee.

That said, I don't see the Dolphins being willing to take on the monstrous contract numbers Samuels is currently carrying, seeing as how they're balking at paying smaller numbers to Ogunleye.

Redskins_P 06-30-2004 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinRat]But has anyone else got wind of this rumor or are the boys having a pop at me again?[/QUOTE]

I've been checking left and right eversince you posted this. I haven't come across anything yet.

As bad as Samuels has played the last few years, I would hate to see him go and become a great player somewhere else. I think he deserves another chance to prove himself under this new system.

MonkManiac 06-30-2004 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]I've been checking left and right eversince you posted this. I haven't come across anything yet.

As bad as Samuels has played the last few years, I would hate to see him go and become a great player somewhere else. I think he deserves another chance to prove himself under this new system.[/QUOTE]

That's right, we don't want to see the Redskins become the Wizards...