Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hilary Clinton to run for President (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16839)

Schneed10 01-22-2007 01:45 PM

Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

[quote=cpayne5;271592]In the primaries, probably. But hold an election between Edwards, Clinton, & Obama and I bet Edwards would come out on top when including more than just those who vote in the Democratic primaries. ;)[/quote]

Isn't that a moot point?

If he can't make it out of the primaries, he essentially can't run. According to polls, it's going to come down to Obama and Hilary, nobody else has a snowball's chance from the dems' side.

cpayne5 01-22-2007 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;271594]Isn't that a moot point?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. Showcases the fatal flaw in the Dems' presidential strategy (lack of?), though.

12thMan 01-22-2007 01:50 PM

It's not entirely out of the question that Obama and Hill could end up on the same ticket. Probably unlikely, but it could happen.

Schneed10 01-22-2007 01:59 PM

[quote=cpayne5;271595]Yeah, pretty much. Showcases the fatal flaw in the Dems' presidential strategy (lack of?), though.[/quote]

Yeah that's true. My feeling is that if Hilary wins, she won't stand a chance against either McCain or Guiliani. She's too polarizing.

If Obama wins, he might be able to do it on his star power factor. But, as sad as it is to say, there are voters out there who won't consider him because of his race. His hurdles will be slightly higher than anyone else's.

dall-assblows 01-22-2007 02:10 PM

anyone who votes for her should be shot.

SmootSmack 01-22-2007 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;271603]anyone who votes for her should be shot.[/QUOTE]

Woah

Go Pataki!

724Skinsfan 01-22-2007 02:15 PM

I think Hillary will draw a lot of votes from women voters from both parties.

I think Obama will draw more votes from minority groups that did not vote previously versus another candidate getting votes from the bigots that have never voted.

I think Edwards is going to run into money problems. I think he still is paying off debt from his last run with Kerry.

I really don't like any of the three and will swing my vote towards Guiliani if that becomes a reality...(unless Joe Gibbs runs, of course :) )

12thMan 01-22-2007 02:46 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan;271607]I think Hillary will draw a lot of votes from women voters from both parties.

I think Obama will draw more votes from minority groups that did not vote previously versus another candidate getting votes from the bigots that have never voted.

I think Edwards is going to run into money problems. I think he still is paying off debt from his last run with Kerry.

I really don't like any of the three and will swing my vote towards Guiliani if that becomes a reality...(unless Joe Gibbs runs, of course :) )[/quote]

Agreed. But I don't think Guiliani will out last Hillary or Obama. I think, largely, at some point people will see him as the 'former Mayor of NY during 911'. While he may be a viable candidate, I think that stigma may catch up with him as we get closer to the nomination.

McCain will probably be the front runner for the Repubs, but most voters may align him to closely with the current President and his policy.

saden1 01-22-2007 02:53 PM

They have already started smearing Obama which is really a shame. Hillary will raise the most money out of all the donkeys. Personally, if it came down to Hillary or someone else I'd vote for someone else. I don't think America is ready to elect someone black so I'm guessing that someone else is going to be Edwards or Clark.

Daseal 01-22-2007 03:05 PM

If the Dems want to win the election, they might want to dip into the pool of southern-democrats. It's important to pull at least a couple of those red states in the middle of the country. Where abortion is a bigger issue than healthcare, foreign policy, and military all rolled into one.

The Democrats are going to struggle to win, especially against a ticket with McCain or Guilliani (I butchered his name!) on it. I think that Hillary would be a fine president, but because of the national view on her it would be a poor choice. Obama is a great candidate, but like it was said above; how would a black (or female for that matter) candidate pull from the uber-traditional midwest. I think Edwards may be the best bet in a vote simply because he's from North Carolina (a red state last election).

Whoever does run should have someone like an Edwards on the ticket. I like the internet, we should run Al Gore. Lets see what else he can invent!

Monkeydad 01-22-2007 04:23 PM

[quote=Schneed10;271542]I think Obama will beat her in the primaries.[/quote]

He may...Soros is putting his money behind Obama. He's like a mafia hitman to opposition Democrat candidates...not that Hillary can't already kill her own run.

[QUOTE][URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/s/george_soros/index.html?inline=nyt-per"]George Soros[/URL], the billionaire New York philanthropist, has made maximum donations in the past to both candidates, for instance, and last week he faced a choice: support Mr. Obama, who created his committee on Tuesday, or stay neutral and see what Mrs. Clinton and others had to say. In this case, Mr. Obama won.
Mr. Soros sent the maximum contribution, $2,100, to Mr. Obama, the first-term senator from Illinois, just hours after he declared his plans to run.
“Soros believes that Senator Obama brings a new energy to the political system and has the potential to be a transformational leader,” said Michael Vachon, a spokesman for Mr. Soros.
[/QUOTE]

Source: [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/us/politics/21hillary.html?ex=1169960400&en=aed4a405dd389c5b&ei=5065&partner=MYWAY]Clinton Enters ’08 Field, Fueling Race for Money - New York Times[/url]

Monkeydad 01-22-2007 04:26 PM

[quote=saden1;271619]They have already started smearing Obama which is really a shame. Hillary will raise the most money out of all the donkeys. Personally, if it came down to Hillary or someone else I'd vote for someone else. I don't think America is ready to elect someone black so I'm guessing that someone else is going to be Edwards or Clark.[/quote]

It's going to be very messy...the Clintons against Soros' money...a political bloodbath.

Unfortunately for the Democrats...what it will take to win their primary may make the winning candidate very unattactative in the General Election.

firstdown 01-22-2007 05:22 PM

[quote=saden1;271619]They have already started smearing Obama which is really a shame. Hillary will raise the most money out of all the donkeys. Personally, if it came down to Hillary or someone else I'd vote for someone else. I don't think America is ready to elect someone black so I'm guessing that someone else is going to be Edwards or Clark.[/quote]
I disagree that America is not ready to vote for a black president. I think most people vote for who they think is best to run the country or party line. From what I've heard there is alot of unknown stuff about Obama which will start to come out and will be lead the Clintons behind closed doors.For example Obama voted against providing care for a feitus that survives an abortion. How do you defend yourself from something like that.I do hink that Hillary will pick up alott of the women vote its not a lock that they will just flock to her becasue alot do not like her.

saden1 01-22-2007 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown;271663]Obama voted against providing care for a feitus that survives an abortion. How do you defend yourself from something like that.[/QUOTE]

What in god's name does that mean? Define survives an abortion. Are we talking about providing care for a fetus that has no chance of survival? How many months is the fetus? Is it fully formed? Abortion is a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion#Induced_abortion"]brutal procedure[/URL] and I cannot imagine how a fetus can survive it.

From what I understand Obama basically refused to classify a fetus as a child. I mean, I highly doubt he would be so heartless as to deny a fetus that "survived" an abortion the chance at life.

724Skinsfan 01-22-2007 07:47 PM

[quote=saden1;271694]What in god's name does that mean? Define survives an abortion. Are we talking about providing care for a fetus that has no chance of survival? How many months is the fetus? Is it fully formed? Abortion is a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion#Induced_abortion"]brutal procedure[/URL] and I cannot imagine how a fetus can survive it.[/quote]

Hmm..didn't catch that at first read. good point. How does one survive an abortion?