Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dream Draft Pick of the 2010 Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32006)

SmootSmack 12-29-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Dream Draft Pick of the 2010 Draft

You've all been waiting for it...video of my man John Skelton

[YT]YhQ6A4_VABg[/YT]

[YT]usQRcFJHxTM[/YT]

[YT]kNQuWH_1Z4w[/YT]

SmootSmack 12-29-2009 10:39 PM

And in the [url=http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/tennessee-sets-sights-techs-nuisance-player]7th round[/url]

FRPLG 12-30-2009 12:15 AM

He kid is straight up a football player. At Oakton he was their defense and I believe they won states because of him. If he had just a few more inches and 10 more LBs he's a 1st round pick. Something tells me he can play safety in the NFL. At the very least he'd be the best special teamer in the league I bet.

CultBrennan59 12-30-2009 12:18 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;647690]And in the [url=http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/tennessee-sets-sights-techs-nuisance-player]7th round[/url][/quote]

Ah, my man Cody Grimm, he went to the same high school as myself, I happen to know him well. He was a hell of a player at oakton, playing TE and Safety. He was named the fastest white guy at tech ever since his rFr year. The thing with Cody is he's not going to be attractive to some teams because of his size. But what he really is, is one of those guys who is just a flat out football player. A guy you wish you could have 11 of on your defense. I feel that teams will know about him, and of course his NFL bloodline (Dad Russ; original Hog), and teams will grade him now as 7th-Free agent. But I guarantee you that come april Cody will be drafted somewhere from 4th round to 6th round. When you get him, he'll be an automatic starter on Special teams, a nickel OLB/Safety and possible starting strong safety, especially with our secondary being shakey. I would love to have Cody, but keep in mind we have OL, QB, CB, RB, WR, OLB needs before we get to our safety positions, and even then, we have a greater need at FS, than SS.

CultBrennan59 12-30-2009 12:48 PM

[quote=FRPLG;647713]He kid is straight up a football player. At Oakton he was their defense and I believe they won states because of him. If he had just a few more inches and 10 more LBs he's a 1st round pick. Something tells me he can play safety in the NFL. At the very least he'd be the best special teamer in the league I bet.[/quote]

They won states the year after he graduated. That was when they shut down Percy Harvin in States.

Redskin Warrior 01-05-2010 05:08 PM

That fella from Georgia Tech RB Dwyer i like him i think he will be that powerful but speedy back

Dirtbag59 01-06-2010 04:35 PM

The dream draft I'm looking at right now would be Bradford in the first round and Mike Iupati (G, Idaho) in the second. The only thing that worries me would be the huge hole at Tackle but hopefully we could bring in a veteran that would hold down the fort until we draft a guy next year or develop a second day pick this year. Still that would be the type of BPA approach I would be looking for. Best lineman available and I think with a guy like Shannahan coaching him Iupati could easily become a pro bowler.

However continuing with this scenario I would like to see either Kyle Calloway (T, Iowa) fall to us in the fourth or draft Tony Washington (T, Abilene Christian) who is a huge project that could turn out to be a steal.

CultBrennan59 01-07-2010 10:14 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;651481]The dream draft I'm looking at right now would be Bradford in the first round and Mike Iupati (G, Idaho) in the second. The only thing that worries me would be the huge hole at Tackle but hopefully we could bring in a veteran that would hold down the fort until we draft a guy next year or develop a second day pick this year. Still that would be the type of BPA approach I would be looking for. Best lineman available and I think with a guy like Shannahan coaching him Iupati could easily become a pro bowler.

However continuing with this scenario I would like to see either Kyle Calloway (T, Iowa) fall to us in the fourth or draft Tony Washington (T, Abilene Christian) who is a huge project that could turn out to be a steal.[/quote]

I'm praying for this scenario as well

Re: Redskins pick 4th in the draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Iupati could be the Michael Oher of next year. I Love this guy, the problem is theres no reason for us to take him with the 4th overall pick, which will probably be a QB or OT. Plus in Free Agency is Guards Chester Pitts and Cris Kuper from Houston and Denver, so they already know the offense. And with our second rounder, we'll probably get whatever position we don't get with our first round pick. I personally think we should get Bradford, because all I keep hearing is how he is "super accurate" "good at getting rid of the ball and releasing it quickly" how he can "make all the NFL throws" and is "accuate when he is on the run as well". When I look at a QB the number one thing I'm looking at is is he accurate? Can he get the balls to his receivers? Thats this guy. This guy doesn't come out every year. Russell Okung and Anthony Davis type LT's come out pretty much every year. Plus you look at some of the LT's in the NFL and a lot of them are found pretty much from all the rounds of the draft. QB's that are good are typically in the first round. We've had Jason for 5 years and of the 4 he's played he really hasn't shown me he can be the QB that could take us to the Super Bowl. He's showed me that he can be a back up and fill in if the starting QB gets injured, but thats it. I have more bad memories and moments of Jason than positive moments of him (the time against the Giants he threw and interception 5yds passed the line of scrimmage really sticks out, as well as the games against Dallas, Pittsburgh, Giants where he held onto the ball way way too long, where he should have thrown it away. Pretty much every game which he throws a pass that ends up being a yard short of the first down, instead of going deep.Against the Saints when he was picked off against Vilma and Giants when he stepped way to far back in the pocket and Osi stripped him and ran the fumble in for a score. The only positive moment I have of Jason is when he threw that bomb against the saints a year ago to win, then again that seems to be the only highlight of jason that espn and nfln seem to show when they talk about him)

So I say we draft Sam Bradford and make him the opening day starter, and deal with the OL in FA and what ever we don't get there, get in the draft, which we will. Who knows maybe Bruce campbell of Maryland falls to us in the second round or Bryan Bulaga of Iowa or Jason Fox (he should definitley be there) or a Ciron Black or maybe who knows a Trent Williams could fall just enough for us to trade up

SmootSmack 01-07-2010 10:35 AM

1. Okung (LT)
2. Dwyer (RB)
3. Trade into the 3rd and draft Calloway (RT)
4. Skelton (QB)

That'd be awesome

tootergray34 01-07-2010 11:20 AM

sorry guys...iupati will be gone when we draft in the 2nd round...jason fox from miami would be there though...but i still say we go bradford in the first round...gotta get that special QB when you can. OL is all over the draft this year and every year for that matter...it's a matter of work ethic in the players you draft...not bums like cerrato used to get.