Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sad Commentary... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=3553)

That Guy 11-04-2004 04:53 AM

SUNRA, bitter grapes, you think dems didn't commit minor voter fraud too?? you personally were assured by the entire cuban voting bloc of which way they'd vote? (I actually think cubans, like other hispanics, where projected to vote REP... more likely to be strongly religious etc) I personally saw F911 and thought it was purposefully misguiding people (which it is), and that it was a completely biased work... it's not a documentry like so many people think... those have to be OBJECTIVE.

You say the republicans intimidated people? where's the proof? At my polling place there were 2 rep and 2 dem poll watchers, and the same number of people handing out rep sample ballots as dem samples... Bush won by 4 MILLION in popular votes, america made its choice.

About the illegal immigrants:
I don't think tis fair that you can sneak into a country and live/work there without tis consent, not pay taxes, not be subject to many laws, and yet still get the FULL benefits of being a citizen (school, health care, roads etc etc)... that's crap, and passing laws like that are in effect saying, "hey, why wait in line to become a legal citizen when you can just sneak in ahead of everyone else and get the same protection and benefits?"

redrock-skins 11-04-2004 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]

About the illegal immigrants:
I don't think tis fair that you can sneak into a country and live/work there without tis consent, not pay taxes, not be subject to many laws, and yet still get the FULL benefits of being a citizen (school, health care, roads etc etc)... that's crap, and passing laws like that are in effect saying, "hey, why wait in line to become a legal citizen when you can just sneak in ahead of everyone else and get the same protection and benefits?"[/QUOTE]

That's why the voters out here voted in favor of curbing benefits. Its very similiar to the proposition CA voters passed 10 years ago and like CA, this is heading for court despite the will of AZ's voters.

SUNRA 11-04-2004 11:50 PM

THATGUY, I'll start with your last comment first. First of all, I don't know where the Native American Immigration Service is that gave European immigrants the right to decide how long it should be before a person becomes an American, but that kind of arrogance is the reason why other countries look at the this country with disdain and hatred. Euorpean immigrants are welcomed here, while Haitians, Jamacans, Trinidadians are forced out of the country or put on a list to wait thirty years before they get citizenship.

Secondly, if you are not African-American or Native American then I would expect you to take the position that the intimidation of voters at the polls was not a factor. If you voted in the suburbs of Virginia and not the inner cities of America then your vote was not considered a threat to Bush and his oppressive policies. My proof was from family members in Florida who stated that "people were at the predominantly Black polls asking people if they had a felony convictions. I'm sure they didn't ask you that in at your poll site In addition, CNN reported that Native Americans in North Dakota were being followed by unmarked cars while people wrote down liscense plate numbers.

Lastly, Farenheit 911 was made to confirm for what people like myself had already known. In other words, Moore was preaching to the converted. That's why it was well received at the Cannes Film Festival. The best way to understand Bush is to let him attempt to articulate intelligently the speeches he has memorized then try to use medifores that reveals his stupidity. Remember the " If you fool me twice." analogy? Bush beats them all. Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest.

That Guy 11-05-2004 02:50 AM

at my polling place there were plenty of african-americans, and they weren't voting for bush... and again, voter fraud happens on both sides every election... homeless guys offered alcohol for their votes, abusing same day voter registration etc...

immigration: illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, yet they take our money freely, you can shove that arrogance crap, they're stealing. Otherwise, next time i go to the doctor, i'll foward you the bill so you can pay it for me, but don't expect em to do anything in return. Sound fair? didn't think so.

You obviously like F911 cause it told you strictly what you wanted to hear without an objectivity to to temper your vitriolic emotions... that's good for you, but moore won't let people use his own methods to document himself, so there's obviously something wrong there, and even moore admits it was a completely biased film and he was trying to swing people to vote against bush any way he could. Your point about bush not being a great orator has absolutely no bearing on anything that's been discussed... sorry, sounds as if you just couldn't find a good point to make so "bush is dumb" was the best you could do... that has nothing to do with the objectivity of moore's work though.... and by the way, cannes is in france, and they love anything anti-american, so its really a big surprise they praised moore's work. You know that cuba and iran show F911 for free in their countries cause his propaganda is THAT one sided against america...