Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "He's got guts galore," Gibbs said about Brunell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=3589)

rickmmrr 11-06-2004 12:10 PM

"He's got guts galore," Gibbs said about Brunell

First of all I'm really tired of hearing that.

but it's interesting to note that that's the only comment that Gibbs says about Brunnel.

He doesn't say for example.

He can really wing those balls down the field.
He can really get the job done.
He really knows how to pull off a win.
He can be relied upon in clutch situations.
He's been the spark that this team needs.
He can thread the needle with his passes.
etc. etc

So I got to think that coach gibbs also sees how much he's stinking it up.

OH. I forgot coach also said he knows when to throw the ball away.

Big C 11-06-2004 12:34 PM

yeah brunell just needs to retire

Gmanc711 11-06-2004 12:38 PM

Hes saying that cause its proboly the only good thing he can say about Brunell. Seroiusly, I mean Brunell does try his @$$ off, I dont think anyone thinks he is sucking on pourpose. Its a interesting point that all Gibbs can say about him is how hard he plays. He just dosent play well, and thats the difference between High-School and the NFL. You can play hard but not well and still deserve to see the feild, in the NFL you better work your ass off and be damn good.

Duffman003 11-06-2004 01:18 PM

I think the only real problem with Burnell is his fear of getting hit. Most quarterbacks probably are scared of the blindside hit but if you let that fear take over then you can't concentrate on making the next throw.

DragoJT87 11-06-2004 01:39 PM

I think Brunell is a stand-up guy. I think he wants to do well and is happy about playing here. I agree with Gmanc, he's just not that good. Every QB's fear is getting hit. The game is fast and violent. It's how you prepare and play to overcome that fear is what seperates a Favre from a Brunell.

skinsguy 11-06-2004 03:27 PM

Brunell is a smart guy and he does know when the to throw the ball away...but that's about all I can really say for him right now.

offiss 11-06-2004 03:31 PM

If he think's Brunell has gut's, then Ramsey has to be PATTON! After the way he stood in there last year under SS blocking schemes.

offiss 11-06-2004 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]Brunell is a smart guy and he does know when the to throw the ball away...but that's about all I can really say for him right now.[/QUOTE]

You no when the coach say's he know's when to throw the ball away it can also be looked at as he doesn't know how, or is incapable of making a play when the going get's tough, throwing the ball away in a Brunell's case look's more like a copout than anything, if the philosphy is for the QB not to lose the game, well it ain't working, it's time to put someone in with the capability to win the game which is Ramsey!

skinsguy 11-06-2004 04:52 PM

Well, sometimes it is better to throw the ball away rather than to try to make a play when the play just isn't there. Turnovers can really hurt a team and I'd rather see Brunell throwing the ball away and having 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 rather than him forcing the ball downfield and throwing a pick.

Paintrain 11-06-2004 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=Duffman003]I think the only real problem with Burnell is his fear of getting hit. [/QUOTE]

1. That's a HUGE problem if your QB is more concerned with the pass rush than he is completing passes.
2. Does that mean you don't think his glaring lack of arm strength is a problem?

CROOKEDSKINS 11-06-2004 07:18 PM

Marks Problem His His Arm Strength Its Not There Anymore.last Week He Missed Passes Over The Middle Cause Hes Trying To Put To Much On The Ball To Make The Passes And It Gets Away From Him.gibbs Sees It As Well That Why We Dont Go Deep Until Its To Late

offiss 11-06-2004 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]Well, sometimes it is better to throw the ball away rather than to try to make a play when the play just isn't there. Turnovers can really hurt a team and I'd rather see Brunell throwing the ball away and having 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 rather than him forcing the ball downfield and throwing a pick.[/QUOTE]

What I was saying is just because a QB throw's the ball away doesn't mean there was nothing there, it can be the QB is just to incompetent to execute what is there, and if your slow to read a defense or your arm strength is lacking you can throw the ball away, but a good QB would make a play, I believe a lot of that is going on with Brunell.

That Guy 11-07-2004 01:33 AM

[quote]Well, sometimes it is better to throw the ball away rather than to try to make a play when the play just isn't there. Turnovers can really hurt a team and I'd rather see Brunell throwing the ball away and having 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 rather than him forcing the ball downfield and throwing a pick.[/quote]

but even with the throwaways, he's still turning it over an awful lot...

BrudLee 11-07-2004 08:14 AM

Saying a QB has guts is like saying a girl has a "nice personality".

kingerock 11-07-2004 11:11 AM

It would be wonderful if we could take a balance between Brunell and Ramsey and have a QB with the guts to stay in the pocket but the brain to know when not to force it. Ramsey turns it over forcing the ball. Brunell turns it over not getting rid of it quickly enough.

Maybe Hasselback??? hmmm...